• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post

I agree it's not all about football but it is the experience one has playing football while attaining their degree. Take Pitt and Southern. If the degree program is slightly better at Southern, where do you think one would want to play? While this is currently a debatable subject, the vast majority would go to Pitt as their football experience would be significantly better. Same could be said about many of the schools in the conference.

Here's another thought. Kid is good in football and wants to play in college. Would one go to NW and ride the pine for four/five years knowing they will never see the field and getting the snot kicked out of them day in and day out or go to (insert school here other than NW)? I am confident that you would say they would go to NW because of the program and chance to get a ring for something., ie conference championship and maybe a natty. But would they? The kid's good and has a chance to play but maybe not at NW. So do they go elsewhere and play?

I know that NW is close to Nebraska which has the history of the walk-on program there and that may cloud some's perceptions. How many times have you heard of a kid in Nebraska talking the walk-on and turning down other scholarships? Too many to count. But my question is this; "Does that hold true for DII schools?"

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post

I agree it's not all about football but it is the experience one has playing football while attaining their degree. Take Pitt and Southern. If the degree program is slightly better at Southern, where do you think one would want to play? While this is currently a debatable subject, the vast majority would go to Pitt as their football experience would be significantly better. Same could be said about many of the schools in the conference.

Here's another thought. Kid is good in football and wants to play in college. Would one go to NW and ride the pine for four/five years knowing they will never see the field and getting the snot kicked out of them day in and day out or go to (insert school here other than NW)? I am confident that you would say they would go to NW because of the program and chance to get a ring for something., ie conference championship and maybe a natty. But would they? The kid's good and has a chance to play but maybe not at NW. So do they go elsewhere and play?

I know that NW is close to Nebraska which has the history of the walk-on program there and that may cloud some's perceptions. How many times have you heard of a kid in Nebraska talking the walk-on and turning down other scholarships? Too many to count. But my question is this; "Does that hold true for DII schools?"
        Southern has degree programs?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Southern has degree programs?
          Surely not accredited ones...

Comment

You can get a job at Southern without changing your name or social security number.

Comment

Originally posted by catbacker07 View Post
              Pretty simple really......it boils down to whether your relative would rather get shanked or acquire an STD.
              But seriously... lol

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X