Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GorillaBacker
    replied
    https://youtu.be/fOXgbNYrXiw Wright introduction in Toledo a few years back.

Leave a comment:

• Kiss My Ass
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Verdugo was from Pittsburg. He was a year or two ahead of me at Pittsburg High
    You actually made it through high school? Fake News

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    If you think Brown wasn't asked to apply, you're wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post

Hmm....Isn't that that Verdugo out of Akron Kevin Verdugo who was from Ft. Scott? I also thought Verdugo was head coach at Ft.Scott community college for a period of time. If indeed he has ties to SE Ks etc.

As for Wright, no clue at what ties he has if any and will have to build relationships. The larger question is who he will retain? When 'Boda came to UCM he retained Clemens and that was it. This past year's staff was pretty much all long time Pitt coaches and alumni of Pitt. If the cupboard is emptied, things will become very interesting.
    Verdugo was from Pittsburg. He was a year or two ahead of me at Pittsburg High

Leave a comment:

• GorillaBacker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gorilla John 92
    replied
    Originally posted by Jungle Jim View Post
    And they lost one regular season game in 5 years under Coach Fran.
    Aw the glory years. Saw Fran's last three years in person and it was truly enjoyable.

On another note, so if Coach Fran was Yoda, what does that make Mel; Obi Wan or Darth Vader? We all know one's answers are based on what team they support.

Leave a comment:

• visionpipe
    replied
    I think Pitt has a great coach now. Dam good pic.he ran a good offense at Toledo. He is also a motivator.

Leave a comment:

• Gorilla John 92
    replied
    Hmm....Isn't that that Verdugo out of Akron Kevin Verdugo who was from Ft. Scott? I also thought Verdugo was head coach at Ft.Scott community college for a period of time. If indeed he has ties to SE Ks etc.

As for Wright, no clue at what ties he has if any and will have to build relationships. The larger question is who he will retain? When 'Boda came to UCM he retained Clemens and that was it. This past year's staff was pretty much all long time Pitt coaches and alumni of Pitt. If the cupboard is emptied, things will become very interesting.

Leave a comment:

• PittStateFootball
    replied
    I think we will get the local connections via one or more local big name hs coaches is my guess....curious to see him introduced, what Pitt State has to say about him and what he has to say about Pitt State. I will say they went outside the box on this hire for sure, time will tell.

Leave a comment:

• MEAN GREEN MACHINE
    replied
    Curious as to what he might earn as Pirr State head coach. Was making $148,935 as Toledis offensive coordinator

Leave a comment:

• Erbert
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gorillahawk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jim
    replied
    And they lost one regular season game in 5 years under Coach Fran.

Leave a comment:

• Gorilla John 92
    replied
    Name the last Pitt head coach who was NOT promoted from within? and the answer is Coach Fran. That goes back to the early 80's when he took over for Randleman if my memory is correct.

Oops, Fran did not take over for Randleman my bad.
    Last edited by Gorilla John 92; 12-07-2019, 08:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MEAN GREEN MACHINE
    replied
    Originally posted by cbgorilla View Post

Typical Bearcat propaganda.
    If it's on a message board it must be true

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X