X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    The next question is: How long does Kim Anderson get to get some winning seasons at Pitt. He commands a hefty salary to be losing more games than winning.
    It's Pitt basketball. Just don't kill anyone, and you're doing OK.

Leave a comment:

• Shanghai Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by cbgorilla View Post

Mules can have him back
    lol........I was waiting for that reply. Maybe when the Mules play their final regular season game on 2/29 at Pitt, we could leave Doug Karleskint in Pitt with his football coach relative and bring Kim Anderson back to UCM on the team bus. Please come home Kim, your championship mojo is waiting for you in Warrensburg.
    Last edited by Shanghai Mule; 02-14-2020, 01:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cbgorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

Kim is homesick and needs to return to UCM. His old job will soon be open. Could it happen ?
    Mules can have him back

Leave a comment:

• GorillaBred
    replied
    Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

God, I almost had a heart attack when I saw the name Karleskint being rehired. That's a very unusual name and the first thing that flashed across my brain was Mules basketball coach Doug Karleskint was rehired. After I took a couple of hits on the smelling salts, I quickly realized that Pitt has an assistant football coach by that name. The thought of UCM basketball coach Karleskint being rehired is terrifying. Mules nation is pretty confident that our coach K's last game coaching Mules basketball will be on Feb. 29th at Pitt State.
    Doug Karleskint and Matt Karleskint are both from Fort Scott, KS, where it isn't an uncommon name. I'd bet they are related.

Leave a comment:

• Shanghai Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    The next question is: How long does Kim Anderson get to get some winning seasons at Pitt. He commands a hefty salary to be losing more games than winning.
    Kim is homesick and needs to return to UCM. His old job will soon be open. Could it happen ?

Leave a comment:

• Kiss My Ass
    replied
    Originally posted by PittStateFootball View Post

Here is a link to the list of coaches. https://pittstategorillas.com/roster.aspx?path=football

Lattimer, Karleskint & Garman were rehired, the rest are gone. I haven't heard a word about Beck. Very surprised that he hasn't been hired by someone at this point.......
    God, I almost had a heart attack when I saw the name Karleskint being rehired. That's a very unusual name and the first thing that flashed across my brain was Mules basketball coach Doug Karleskint was rehired. After I took a couple of hits on the smelling salts, I quickly realized that Pitt has an assistant football coach by that name. The thought of UCM basketball coach Karleskint being rehired is terrifying. Mules nation is pretty confident that our coach K's last game coaching Mules basketball will be on Feb. 29th at Pitt State.

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PittStateFootball
    replied
    Originally posted by FormerGorilla View Post
    How's everything in Pitt these days? Did any of the previous Coaches stay with the University or were they all let go?

Any news on Beck? Is he sitting this year out?
    Here is a link to the list of coaches. https://pittstategorillas.com/roster.aspx?path=football

Lattimer, Karleskint & Garman were rehired, the rest are gone. I haven't heard a word about Beck. Very surprised that he hasn't been hired by someone at this point.......

Leave a comment:

• FormerGorilla
    replied
    How's everything in Pitt these days? Did any of the previous Coaches stay with the University or were they all let go?

Any news on Beck? Is he sitting this year out?

Leave a comment:

• GorillaBred
    replied

From FootballScoop:

Oregon: Source tells FootballScoop former Pitt State defensive coordinator Nate Dreiling is expected to join the Oregon staff as a defensive quality control.

Read something similar about Lattimore... not saying it's correct. But they're usually spot on?
    The post that had initially said Lattimer was going to Oregon as a defensive quality control was updated to say it was Dreiling. I'm guessing they had a source that said something like, "Former Pitt State DC going to Oregon as defense QC coach" and the person thought Lattimer is who was the former DC, since he had been DC at NSU prior to coming to Pitt State. Simple mix up.

Glad to hear Nate found a landing spot, but that's not where I would've expected him to wind up. Hope it works out well for him.

Leave a comment:

• cbgorilla
    replied

From FootballScoop:

Oregon: Source tells FootballScoop former Pitt State defensive coordinator Nate Dreiling is expected to join the Oregon staff as a defensive quality control.

Read something similar about Lattimore... not saying it's correct. But they're usually spot on?
    Who is Lattimore?

Leave a comment:

• FormerGorilla
    replied
    Originally posted by cbgorilla View Post

Lol...ok
    From FootballScoop:

Leave a comment:

• cbgorilla
    replied
    Both Lattimer and Dreiling to Oregon in analyst type positions - what is the connection there?
    Lol...ok

Leave a comment:

• FormerGorilla
    replied
    Both Lattimer and Dreiling to Oregon in analyst type positions - what is the connection there?

Leave a comment:

• GreenwoodBearcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Not sure what "big name" means, but Wright brought in several coaches who can go talk to HS kids about players they put in the NFL, and I think that might mean a lot to recruits.
    It would be "Fake News" to the recruit then.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X