Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wright told them they each had 15 minutes to convince him they needed to stay on staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
      Wright told them they each had 15 minutes to convince him they needed to stay on staff.
      You serious, Clark?

Comment

Seems generous considering the state of football at Pitt St.
        Go Hounds!
        B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
        Cyclone Power
        ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post

To decode this for the non pitt staters:
          LG = Larry Garman off campus recruiting guy who has been at Pitt since Adam and Eve were a twinkle in Gods eye. But important for local high school connections and I'm sure BW was told during the process that Garman stays
          JP = not Jerry Partridge, but John Pierce. Supposed to be an exceptional recruiter and has done well developing most running backs considering he probably never knew what we were going to run
          JL = Josh Lattimore - Pitt grad who just came to Pitt to coach the DL this past year. The kids love him and he is fiery
          MK = Matt Karleskint - WR coach. probably kept his job when he showed BW that he knew more routes than a jet sweep, bubble screen and slant.
          It's basically the people who were coaching the players to play and had less to do with our scheme on either side of the ball, which makes a certain amount of sense as our players seemed to be better than our scheme.

I've had the conversation on Lattimer and Karleskint before (interestingly enough, both Fort Scott guys who I think would've been HS teammates for at least a year or two). Not sure why we wouldn't want to keep MK as our WRs are consistently our best or near-best position group and one of the only places where you can really see annual improvement in most guys. And I'm of the opinion that despite having the same guys, our DL play has dropped over JL's tenure, so I have plenty of concerns there, but if the players have loyalty to him and he's a good recruiter, I'm fine with keeping him around. One thing I'll be interested to see is if he sticks with DL or moves to LBs, which is what he played at an AA level at Pitt State.

One of the nice things about bringing in a coach from completely the outside is that if it turns out it was a bad decision on any of these guys, he shouldn't have a problem jettisoning them in a year. We all know one of our biggest problems in recent years has been sticking with guys who just couldn't get it done.

Comment

I don't think D-line play got worse under lattimer. I didn't like that they were constantly over-aggressive, giving up containment. Not sure if that was an overall scheme thing or a position coach thing?

Comment

I agree about the WR's. Many have improved greatly year by year. Am OK with the RB coach, but a little leary. They only really had one succesful back out of the spread the whole time they ran it. Not sure how much of that is on the OL, though???

Comment

I agree about the WR's. Many have improved greatly year by year. Am OK with the RB coach, but a little leary. They only really had one succesful back out of the spread the whole time they ran it. Not sure how much of that is on the OL, though???
                Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBacker View Post
                  Nice piece:
                  very well spoken. throughout the entire interview no verbal stumbling, no waste of words and not one "you know." also, that is one very direct and intense gaze. this guy does not hesitate or even pause to think about what he says because he already KNOWS and BELIEVES in what he says. of course, a lot yet needs to be said, done and accomplished. but on the surface one can clearly see at a glance that Pitt really rang the bell with this handsome young coach. BBB predicts that if NW does not get off the pot soon Pitt will be right back in that spot where they were when they began play in the MIAA years ago--on top!

Comment

https://www.fourstateshomepage.com/s...ootball-coach/
                    Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

I know they were bad, but Rose really flourished in that system, behind that line. I guess that's a positive for Pierce.

Comment

If Wright does decide to keep Karleskint I bet he quickly realizes Karleskint is not the guy for the job in a pass heavy offense. Not real "players" coach. After Beck resigned JJ told the players to hook up with their position coaches after the meeting - Karleskint was AWOL, and had NO contact with them after. My hunch is he doesn't make it long.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBacker View Post
                          If Wright does decide to keep Karleskint I bet he quickly realizes Karleskint is not the guy for the job in a pass heavy offense. Not real "players" coach. After Beck resigned JJ told the players to hook up with their position coaches after the meeting - Karleskint was AWOL, and had NO contact with them after. My hunch is he doesn't make it long.

Comment

Originally posted by cbgorilla View Post

I hope Coach Wright gets a nasty offensive line coach that whips the **** out of defenses.
                            That may or may not be the case depending on the scheme. The scheme could also go a long way in determining who coaches the position.

Comment

You can have him! ! LOL

Comment

Having worked with a majority of the staff there, I have to say that this may have been the worst couple of hours (assuming all of the plead to be retained) that the new HC could do. None of them are worth saving... this has been the biggest problem with Pitt State coaching staff for years - the club of internal admiration

If Wright is going to turn this around, it would be in his best interest to send them all packing. Based on the comments, the worst offenders have already been dismissed.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X