Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jungle Jim View Post
    And they lost one regular season game in 5 years under Coach Fran.
    Aw the glory years. Saw Fran's last three years in person and it was truly enjoyable.

On another note, so if Coach Fran was Yoda, what does that make Mel; Obi Wan or Darth Vader? We all know one's answers are based on what team they support.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post

Hmm....Isn't that that Verdugo out of Akron Kevin Verdugo who was from Ft. Scott? I also thought Verdugo was head coach at Ft.Scott community college for a period of time. If indeed he has ties to SE Ks etc.

As for Wright, no clue at what ties he has if any and will have to build relationships. The larger question is who he will retain? When 'Boda came to UCM he retained Clemens and that was it. This past year's staff was pretty much all long time Pitt coaches and alumni of Pitt. If the cupboard is emptied, things will become very interesting.
        Verdugo was from Pittsburg. He was a year or two ahead of me at Pittsburg High

Comment

If you think Brown wasn't asked to apply, you're wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Verdugo was from Pittsburg. He was a year or two ahead of me at Pittsburg High
            You actually made it through high school? Fake News

Comment

https://youtu.be/fOXgbNYrXiw Wright introduction in Toledo a few years back.

Comment

Will be fun to see who ends up on his staff, What kind of offense and defense they run, etc...

Comment

Will be fun to see who ends up on his staff, What kind of offense and defense they run, etc...
                  If loving the veer is wrong, then I don't want to be wright.

Comment

If you think Brown wasn't asked to apply, you're wrong.

Comment

i'm not sure why MIAA ties is a prerequisite for some. i like the outside hire. fresh blood, fresh perspective; if he can coach, he can coach. If/when RW ever leaves nw i would hope nw would do a serious national search rather than just next guy up...

Comment

A lot of Pitt fans would have welcomed Chris Brown as head coach. The story we heard was that he chose not to apply. I don't know any reason he should make a lateral move. Maybe he wants to go to FCS. Maybe Northern Colorado. They are doing a national search right now.

Comment

It's hilarious how when a coach moves up to a 1aa team in An area they have nevet even driven through from d2 people say "he'll do great"

when a coach comes to d2 from a different area, they say "omg he doesn't know all the local farmers, he'll probably explode and die"

Comment

"We don't need nobody explodin in them fields aroun here ya"
                            - The Farmers of D2 Football

Comment

Please enlighten us how Wright is not a tried and true football guy?

Comment

Well he is linked to Florida area at some point, so maybe that will help bring in some skill guys. Would have been nice to see who were finalists

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X