Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post

Please enlighten us how Wright is not a tried and true football guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
        It's hilarious how when a coach moves up to a 1aa team in An area they have nevet even driven through from d2 people say "he'll do great"

when a coach comes to d2 from a different area, they say "omg he doesn't know all the local farmers, he'll probably explode and die"
        Hope he likes chicken.

Good hire. Toledo guy. Look what Matt Campbell is doing at Iowa St.
        Go Hounds!
        B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
        Cyclone Power
        ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Didn't Solich or someone from the Nebraska rejects go to Toledo..

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
            Didn't Solich or someone from the Nebraska rejects go to Toledo..
            Solich was at the University of Ohio.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post

Solich was at the University of Ohio.
              Close enough...lol

Comment

Comment

so you know for sure no one with Pitt ties was interested? From what I hear this was the best candidate. An up and coming coach. I understand you like you coach brown but come on.

Comment

Originally posted by psudoc View Post

so you know for sure no one with Pitt ties was interested? From what I hear this was the best candidate. An up and coming coach. I understand you like you coach brown but come on.
                    Responding to hook em is never a good idea. He has a steel plate in his head and a stick in his butt.

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot. Good points hookem. Whatever you say

Comment

Go Bearcats!
                        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Don't pretend like you know. You don't.

Brown is a good coach. He turned around a poor program like I said. Read. But he is not a great coach and a coach that others are salivating over. His teams hasn't won one playoff game. Plus lost to a team that is in the worst conference in this region. I don't call that desirable.

Comment

First and foremost this is a strange career move for a guy with Wright's trajectory. This is not a step up. Sideways, at best. FBS coach of some sort or FCS HC would be the next logical step in the progression. He was recently in the discussion to be WRs coach at Michigan. Maybe he has evaluated his situation and doesn't see an opportunity coming for him anytime soon and really wants to be a HC right now. Based on Pitt fan's woe is me diatribes on how they are hurting for funding is he taking a pay cut?

For Pitt, this looks like a home run offensively. He will have work to do to assemble a complimentary defensive staff. Will be interesting to see how his staff comes together.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
                              First and foremost this is a strange career move for a guy with Wright's trajectory. This is not a step up. Sideways, at best. FBS coach of some sort or FCS HC would be the next logical step in the progression. He was recently in the discussion to be WRs coach at Michigan. Maybe he has evaluated his situation and doesn't see an opportunity coming for him anytime soon and really wants to be a HC right now. Based on Pitt fan's woe is me diatribes on how they are hurting for funding is he taking a pay cut?

For Pitt, this looks like a home run offensively. He will have work to do to assemble a complimentary defensive staff. Will be interesting to see how his staff comes together.
                              Dreiling and Weimers, Co-Defensive Coordinators, you heard it hear. Steve Wells- Assistant to the Assistant Regional Manager.

Comment

Anyone attending the intro today on campus? I am not but will be watching online. Excited to hear what he has to say about the program as well as how much he knows about the program. Assume someone will ask about assistant coaches, we will see how much info he gives. I am sure there will be a large crowd today to welcome him, the excitement is growing in Pittsburg and we haven't even heard the guy say a word yet! Good sign of things to come I hope.
                                Last edited by PittStateFootball; 12-09-2019, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X