Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
      First and foremost this is a strange career move for a guy with Wright's trajectory. This is not a step up. Sideways, at best. FBS coach of some sort or FCS HC would be the next logical step in the progression. He was recently in the discussion to be WRs coach at Michigan. Maybe he has evaluated his situation and doesn't see an opportunity coming for him anytime soon and really wants to be a HC right now. Based on Pitt fan's woe is me diatribes on how they are hurting for funding is he taking a pay cut?

For Pitt, this looks like a home run offensively. He will have work to do to assemble a complimentary defensive staff. Will be interesting to see how his staff comes together.
      If he takes a pay cut, I don't think it will be much of one. He was only making 146K at Toledo. I hope he succeeds in turning it around, wins a NC, and moves up in 4-5 years. I would be fine with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
        First and foremost this is a strange career move for a guy with Wright's trajectory. This is not a step up. Sideways, at best. FBS coach of some sort or FCS HC would be the next logical step in the progression. He was recently in the discussion to be WRs coach at Michigan. Maybe he has evaluated his situation and doesn't see an opportunity coming for him anytime soon and really wants to be a HC right now. Based on Pitt fan's woe is me diatribes on how they are hurting for funding is he taking a pay cut?

For Pitt, this looks like a home run offensively. He will have work to do to assemble a complimentary defensive staff. Will be interesting to see how his staff comes together.

Comment

It's kind of fun because I have zero idea as to who he will bring in for coordinators, position coaches, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

If he takes a pay cut, I don't think it will be much of one. He was only making 146K at Toledo. I hope he succeeds in turning it around, wins a NC, and moves up in 4-5 years. I would be fine with that.
            We would agree that he did not come to Pitt for the money. He wants to be a head coach. Pitt is the winningest DII program of all time but is no longer in the hunt for national championships. If he can return the Gorillas to national prominence, FCS schools will take notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jim View Post

We would agree that he did not come to Pitt for the money. He wants to be a head coach. Pitt is the winningest DII program of all time but is no longer in the hunt for national championships. If he can return the Gorillas to national prominence, FCS schools will take notice.
              Agreed

I only mention the money because I was surprised that FBS Toledo paid coordinators so little. I just always assumed all the D1's paid a lot.

Comment

Nice piece:

Comment

I mentioned getting an open records request on TeamKong and was pretty much shot down. However, I didn't take no for an answer. I FOIA'd the conference call and due to it being interstate calls and under FCC jurisdiction and not protected by Kansas laws was able to get a copy. It was really interesting to hear when Dr. Scott and Jim Johnson knew Wright was their guy. As i'm sure most of you know, sometimes multiple people are talking on a conference call and the call is not as clear as everyone would like it to be.

JJ "What do you know about the veer"
                  BW puzzled. "yes we have deer up here"
                  JJ who mumbles "no the veer"
                  BW "yes my daughter is in cheer"
                  JJ " how often do you run the veer"
                  BW " yes sometimes I drink beer"
                  JJ " would you run the veer to start the year"
                  BW completely lost " yes i believe its important to be the tip of the spear"

Dr. Scott " What do you think of Northwest"
                  BW " I hate Northwest, I hate Northwestern, I hate the Northwest Territories, I don't even like the Pacific Northwest"

JJ' Hired"

Comment

LMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
                      I mentioned getting an open records request on TeamKong and was pretty much shot down. However, I didn't take no for an answer. I FOIA'd the conference call and due to it being interstate calls and under FCC jurisdiction and not protected by Kansas laws was able to get a copy. It was really interesting to hear when Dr. Scott and Jim Johnson knew Wright was their guy. As i'm sure most of you know, sometimes multiple people are talking on a conference call and the call is not as clear as everyone would like it to be.

JJ "What do you know about the veer"
                      BW puzzled. "yes we have deer up here"
                      JJ who mumbles "no the veer"
                      BW "yes my daughter is in cheer"
                      JJ " how often do you run the veer"
                      BW " yes sometimes I drink beer"
                      JJ " would you run the veer to start the year"
                      BW completely lost " yes i believe its important to be the tip of the spear"

Dr. Scott " What do you think of Northwest"
                      BW " I hate Northwest, I hate Northwestern, I hate the Northwest Territories, I don't even like the Pacific Northwest"

JJ' Hired"
                      This made my day. Thanks

Comment

Rumor has it a few coaches are staying on staff. LG, JP, JL, MK. Others are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by PittStateFootball View Post
                          Rumor has it a few coaches are staying on staff. LG, JP, JL, MK. Others are gone.
                          To decode this for the non pitt staters:
                          LG = Larry Garman off campus recruiting guy who has been at Pitt since Adam and Eve were a twinkle in Gods eye. But important for local high school connections and I'm sure BW was told during the process that Garman stays
                          JP = not Jerry Partridge, but John Pierce. Supposed to be an exceptional recruiter and has done well developing most running backs considering he probably never knew what we were going to run
                          JL = Josh Lattimore - Pitt grad who just came to Pitt to coach the DL this past year. The kids love him and he is fiery
                          MK = Matt Karleskint - WR coach. probably kept his job when he showed BW that he knew more routes than a jet sweep, bubble screen and slant.

Comment

Originally posted by PittStateFootball View Post
                            Dear gawd please don't let "MK" stand for Matt Karleskint. The receivers moving forward are going to be way too important to leave them in his hands.
                            LG, JP, JL I can see though!

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post

To decode this for the non pitt staters:
                              LG = Larry Garman off campus recruiting guy who has been at Pitt since Adam and Eve were a twinkle in Gods eye. But important for local high school connections and I'm sure BW was told during the process that Garman stays
                              JP = not Jerry Partridge, but John Pierce. Supposed to be an exceptional recruiter and has done well developing most running backs considering he probably never knew what we were going to run
                              JL = Josh Lattimore - Pitt grad who just came to Pitt to coach the DL this past year. The kids love him and he is fiery
                              MK = Matt Karleskint - WR coach. probably kept his job when he showed BW that he knew more routes than a jet sweep, bubble screen and slant.
                              Thanks, right after I went to the website to match up initials. Also I thought this guy bolted before Beck was even "resigned".

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Thanks, right after I went to the website to match up initials. Also I thought this guy bolted before Beck was even "resigned".
                                I thought the same. I am REALLY holding out the hope Wright can convince Kevin Beard to follow him to Pitt co-offensive coordinator recieving coach?- https://utrockets.com/sports/footbal...evin-beard/606 I feel like the QB's and recievers are gonna need the best money can get us!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X