Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

How do you define 'conference is down'? Is it just when Pitt is down, because that always seems to be the Pitt vibe when the G's are down? Or is it because an MIAA team (NW) doesn't win the national championship? .Overall, I thought the conference was pretty good - UCM and NW each won a playoff game and MoWest and UNK both won bowl games. And teams like Ft Hays, Pitt, Washburn, UCO, ESU (despite their won / loss records at the time) were capable of testing or beating everyone else. Washburn proved that against UNK the last game of the season. I would say the top half of the MIAA is better that the top half of any other conference (imo). If indeed that is true, then I think a lot of conferences would like to have a 'down year' like the MIAA.

MULES 2020
    DEFENSE -: 2018 mostly redshirt freshmen and sophomores.and it showed. The 2019 season (new DC) and the defense was much improved. In 2020 the defense will return 9 starters and with a year under their belt with the new DC, the defense should be greatly improved.

OFFENSE - Were the 2019 Mules just a one trick pony with Bolles? That's laughable. The Mules will return 10 starters on offense in 2020 and they have good QB talent waiting in the wings. The new quarterback will get tested early as the Mules open at home against Pitt, at Washburn, then back home against Northwest.

I think the new coach at Pitt will have the G's playing 'Pitt State' football again in short order.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO THE PITT POSTERS AND WE'LL SEE YOU IN 2020... ..(like next week)
    mules dynasty is inevitable
    Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Meanwhile; CB and KMA appear to be hitting on one another.

Comment

• Does anyone have an update on where Beck will land?

Also, read here somewhere that an old Pitt assistant would land on the Arkansas staff - any updates or names to share on this?

Comment

• Originally posted by FormerGorilla View Post
          Does anyone have an update on where Beck will land?

Also, read here somewhere that an old Pitt assistant would land on the Arkansas staff - any updates or names to share on this?
          Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

• Comment

• All of D2 is down for the most part. The MIAA was less down than other conferences, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by catbacker07 View Post

All of D2 is down for the most part. The MIAA was less down than other conferences, though.
                I disagree. I think No MIAA team would have made the playoffs in the GSC, and one MIAA team, at best would have made the PO's in the GLIAC.

Now the PO field may have been more down than the MIAA, but that has more to do with the newish conferences that have popped up, and gobbled up PO slots, than overall quality..

Comment

• Looks like the new coaching staff has taken shape. Hopefully, get some good recruits to sign up, to begin the rebuild of a once proud program.
                  Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

• Surprised to not see a big time hire on this staff. With that being said: rather have a hungry staff that will do anything to right the ship... new HC should have got rid of all old coaches too, but hopefully the two left on staff have not been tainted by the previous wrecking crew!

Comment

• Any word on if former assistants have landed anywhere yet?

Comment

Surprised to not see a big time hire on this staff. With that being said: rather have a hungry staff that will do anything to right the ship... new HC should have got rid of all old coaches too, but hopefully the two left on staff have not been tainted by the previous wrecking crew!

I totally disagree. The HC on down are great hires. Look at the experience and places these guys have been.
                        Now, I am not saying Pitt State will be at the top of D2 in the first couple of years, but I will say, this staff will have Pitt State competing at a higher level than the last regime had us doing.
                        Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

Surprised to not see a big time hire on this staff. With that being said: rather have a hungry staff that will do anything to right the ship... new HC should have got rid of all old coaches too, but hopefully the two left on staff have not been tainted by the previous wrecking crew!
                          Originally posted by cbgorilla View Post

I totally disagree. The HC on down are great hires. Look at the experience and places these guys have been.
                          Now, I am not saying Pitt State will be at the top of D2 in the first couple of years, but I will say, this staff will have Pitt State competing at a higher level than the last regime had us doing.
                          I would've been surprised to see any sort of name that I would've described as a "big time hire." Hiring an FCS OC as our HC is about as big of a hire as you're going to see at the D2 level. By and large, it seems like it's a staff made up of FCS guys. I'm really interested to see how that translates.

To me, the success of this entire staff--and accordingly, the Pitt State program in the near to mid future--comes down to the question of will Brian Wright be a good HC? He's never run the show before with the exception of an interim spot. If he has the demeanor and whatever else it takes to be a good HC, the staff doesn't appear to me to be anything that will hold us back. If he doesn't have whatever it takes to be a good HC, the staff doesn't appear to me to have the sort of chops that would prop us up.

We're basically all-in on Brian Wright. I'm fine with that. It's a nice change of pace. The past few years we knew what we had at HC and we hoped that the slight tweaks to the staff were enough to bring it all together the way it did in 2011 and the way it was close to doing in 2014. This isn't like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

I would've been surprised to see any sort of name that I would've described as a "big time hire." Hiring an FCS OC as our HC is about as big of a hire as you're going to see at the D2 level. By and large, it seems like it's a staff made up of FCS guys. I'm really interested to see how that translates.

To me, the success of this entire staff--and accordingly, the Pitt State program in the near to mid future--comes down to the question of will Brian Wright be a good HC? He's never run the show before with the exception of an interim spot. If he has the demeanor and whatever else it takes to be a good HC, the staff doesn't appear to me to be anything that will hold us back. If he doesn't have whatever it takes to be a good HC, the staff doesn't appear to me to have the sort of chops that would prop us up.

We're basically all-in on Brian Wright. I'm fine with that. It's a nice change of pace. The past few years we knew what we had at HC and we hoped that the slight tweaks to the staff were enough to bring it all together the way it did in 2011 and the way it was close to doing in 2014. This isn't like that.
                            I don't disagree with these viewpoints - I can actually see it from both angles (from cbgorilla and GorillaBred). Everyone will know if Brian Wright succeeds or not will come down to recruiting: "It ain't about the X's and the O's, it's about the Jimmie's and the Joe's... "my two cents"

Comment

I don't disagree with these viewpoints - I can actually see it from both angles (from cbgorilla and GorillaBred). Everyone will know if Brian Wright succeeds or not will come down to recruiting: "It ain't about the X's and the O's, it's about the Jimmie's and the Joe's... "my two cents"
                              Unless you rotate 4 QB's and 5 different offenses in every game. Then it's about the X's and O's

Comment

Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X