Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cbgorilla View Post

I totally disagree. The HC on down are great hires. Look at the experience and places these guys have been.
    Now, I am not saying Pitt State will be at the top of D2 in the first couple of years, but I will say, this staff will have Pitt State competing at a higher level than the last regime had us doing.
    I'm sure people were rolling their eyes when Tjeerdsma, Svoboda, etc. were hired at Northwest. They weren't big names. They became big names. That's what you're hoping in Pittsburg.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I'm sure people were rolling their eyes when Tjeerdsma, Svoboda, etc. were hired at Northwest. They weren't big names. They became big names. That's what you're hoping in Pittsburg.
        Agree, Brandon.
        Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

• Not sure what "big name" means, but Wright brought in several coaches who can go talk to HS kids about players they put in the NFL, and I think that might mean a lot to recruits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
            Not sure what "big name" means, but Wright brought in several coaches who can go talk to HS kids about players they put in the NFL, and I think that might mean a lot to recruits.
            I agree that never hurts, but Washburn, Fort Hays, UCO, Northwest, etc. can say that as well...and so could Beck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I agree that never hurts, but Washburn, Fort Hays, UCO, Northwest, etc. can say that as well...and so could Beck.
              For sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                Not sure what "big name" means, but Wright brought in several coaches who can go talk to HS kids about players they put in the NFL, and I think that might mean a lot to recruits.
                It would be "Fake News" to the recruit then.

Comment

• Both Lattimer and Dreiling to Oregon in analyst type positions - what is the connection there?

Comment

• Originally posted by FormerGorilla View Post
                    Both Lattimer and Dreiling to Oregon in analyst type positions - what is the connection there?
                    Lol...ok
                    Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

• Originally posted by cbgorilla View Post

Lol...ok
                      From FootballScoop:

Oregon: Source tells FootballScoop former Pitt State defensive coordinator Nate Dreiling is expected to join the Oregon staff as a defensive quality control.

Read something similar about Lattimore... not saying it's correct. But they're usually spot on?

Comment

From FootballScoop:

Oregon: Source tells FootballScoop former Pitt State defensive coordinator Nate Dreiling is expected to join the Oregon staff as a defensive quality control.

Read something similar about Lattimore... not saying it's correct. But they're usually spot on?
                        Who is Lattimore?
                        Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

From FootballScoop:

The post that had initially said Lattimer was going to Oregon as a defensive quality control was updated to say it was Dreiling. I'm guessing they had a source that said something like, "Former Pitt State DC going to Oregon as defense QC coach" and the person thought Lattimer is who was the former DC, since he had been DC at NSU prior to coming to Pitt State. Simple mix up.

Glad to hear Nate found a landing spot, but that's not where I would've expected him to wind up. Hope it works out well for him.

Comment

• How's everything in Pitt these days? Did any of the previous Coaches stay with the University or were they all let go?

Any news on Beck? Is he sitting this year out?

Comment

How's everything in Pitt these days? Did any of the previous Coaches stay with the University or were they all let go?

Any news on Beck? Is he sitting this year out?
                              Here is a link to the list of coaches. https://pittstategorillas.com/roster.aspx?path=football

Lattimer, Karleskint & Garman were rehired, the rest are gone. I haven't heard a word about Beck. Very surprised that he hasn't been hired by someone at this point.......

Comment

• The next question is: How long does Kim Anderson get to get some winning seasons at Pitt. He commands a hefty salary to be losing more games than winning.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X