Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

Neither one great. BW arm slot too low on a consistent basis. That's why ball's wobble and sail on him and throws balls into the turf. He has tendency to throw like a middle infielder. As for JK, I've never seen a college QB cock his arm with a ball almost at his hip. That is absolutely the wrong way to throw a football.

Comment

• Release doesn't matter unless you are under pressure constantly. If you have time to throw, it doesn't matter. BW has a quick release, you just dont' know if it will end up in the nose bleed seats.

Comment

• They were exposed along time before this game, it just took HCRW this long to figure out a change and that was way too late.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post

They were exposed along time before this game, it just took HCRW this long to figure out a change and that was way too late.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post

You're high. What part of the BW mechanics have you missed this year. Also at what point did you actually think that Ozzy was scheming correctly to set up plays. We had one of the best TE's in the league and utilized him in the last couple games how many times? Obviously, Ozzy skipped Ad's scheming class every darn day.
            Just because BW can throw it 900 mph doesn't mean that he is best man for job. We used to ***** about Bolles 1.0 and 2.0 for locking on the receiver and never checking down. Maybe that is the D2 level of QB's
            none of them? arm talent/raw ability doesn't equate to good mechanics. & you are obv correct that they have been consistently inconsistent.

re: the scheme this offense has functioned for a while w/ the pass setting up the run. we didn't/don't have the kind of line that can just run all over the opp when said opp isn't lindenwood. poor qb play has killed more drives than anything else i've observed this season. i think below average qb play is our biggest problem.

i assure you we agree that the blame falls at the feet of the offensive coaching staff.

i just dk that it's as simple as poor scheme/play calling although there's no question that that has been an issue, an ongoing one at that. frankly it's the coaches resp to fix all of it.

no argument on the te....seems we've underutilized him for awhile as well.
            Go Bearcats!
            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Let's take a step back here folks. How many qb's at NW started for two years BEFORE they were a Junior? As a fan of another team that is tired of seeing NW consistently at the top of the league and in the playoffs every year, I can not come up with anyone off the top of my head. So given that FACT, most qb's at NW began their careers as juniors and a few saw duty as sophomores. Given this FACT, is the NW fan's frustration more about BW, the coaching staff OR the FACT that for he first time since forever, NW did not have a qb in waiting? Just wondering.

I will make a case with two HALL OF FAME QB's, Troy Aikman and Peyton Manning. Both started all 16 games their first year in the league and were atrocious. So why did they struggle so mightily their first year? Well, because they were put into duty and learned the hard way on the field. The same can be said for BW. Is he growing as a QB? Who knows. Some flashes are there but consistency isn't. His playoff success effectively ended after the first drive of the Harding game this year. Does that mean the same is going to happen next year or the year after that? No one knows. One can complain about the coaching etc, but I didn't see the play makers on the outside that NW has had for years. Why? Don't know. Maybe it's time for NW to be looking for a JUCO kid to come in and compete for the qb job. IF that is the case, again, i can not recall a JUCO qb coming in and taking over the reigns since the "Big Daddy" Vern Thompson era and that's a LONG TIME AGO.

After hearing Gary Danielson go on-and-on all afternoon about how Georgia struggles to score, all I could think of is NW. Great defense but struggles to score against top defenses. As a fan I would take that year-in/year-out success all day long. Good season by NW and now it's on to recruiting and looking forward to next August.

Comment

• Bingo is his name o. We can't scheme and its been widely discussed amongst us as well as players of now and past. Ozzy is just not a good OC and may never be.

Comment

• Game summary...
                  Ferris D very good and NW Offense anemic and could not have scored a TD had their lives depended on it!
                  NW D very good, but couldn't overcome ****ty field position ands being held by Ferris OL and WRs on 75% of the plays.
                  Ferris 11-12 yd. gains should have been 10 yd. losses (not exaggerating, watch the replay).
                  Final should have been Ferris 3-0.
                  Last edited by GoCatsGo5; 12-08-2019, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
                    Let's take a step back here folks. How many qb's at NW started for two years BEFORE they were a Junior? As a fan of another team that is tired of seeing NW consistently at the top of the league and in the playoffs every year, I can not come up with anyone off the top of my head. So given that FACT, most qb's at NW began their careers as juniors and a few saw duty as sophomores. Given this FACT, is the NW fan's frustration more about BW, the coaching staff OR the FACT that for he first time since forever, NW did not have a qb in waiting? Just wondering.

I will make a case with two HALL OF FAME QB's, Troy Aikman and Peyton Manning. Both started all 16 games their first year in the league and were atrocious. So why did they struggle so mightily their first year? Well, because they were put into duty and learned the hard way on the field. The same can be said for BW. Is he growing as a QB? Who knows. Some flashes are there but consistency isn't. His playoff success effectively ended after the first drive of the Harding game this year. Does that mean the same is going to happen next year or the year after that? No one knows. One can complain about the coaching etc, but I didn't see the play makers on the outside that NW has had for years. Why? Don't know. Maybe it's time for NW to be looking for a JUCO kid to come in and compete for the qb job. IF that is the case, again, i can not recall a JUCO qb coming in and taking over the reigns since the "Big Daddy" Vern Thompson era and that's a LONG TIME AGO.

After hearing Gary Danielson go on-and-on all afternoon about how Georgia struggles to score, all I could think of is NW. Great defense but struggles to score against top defenses. As a fan I would take that year-in/year-out success all day long. Good season by NW and now it's on to recruiting and looking forward to next August.
                    It has been widely discussed at tailgates, on this board that NW has a very stagnant offense. The last time that we had a decent offense was 2016. That was the same yeat that AD decided that he would be better off at an FCS school. He could gameplan with his offensive line given any situation, plus the fact that he knew that RW was a defensive genius, so there weren't any worries on that side. RW, now has Ozzy and really, the way I figure doesn't exactly know what to do. Our offense for the past couple of years has been stagnant. Yea, I understand the fact that we have an a young QB and I truly hope that this year was just not his year. On the other hand, defensing our offense is not rocket science, as you can tell from the Harding and Ferris game.

Comment

Let's take a step back here folks. How many qb's at NW started for two years BEFORE they were a Junior? As a fan of another team that is tired of seeing NW consistently at the top of the league and in the playoffs every year, I can not come up with anyone off the top of my head. So given that FACT, most qb's at NW began their careers as juniors and a few saw duty as sophomores. Given this FACT, is the NW fan's frustration more about BW, the coaching staff OR the FACT that for he first time since forever, NW did not have a qb in waiting? Just wondering.

a valid point...however, how did we get to the point that our best option was a redshirt freshman? that boils down to coaching issues somewhere.

Comment

Well put, GJ. Many of us look only at the current and forget the big picture. As a long time coach, I can appreciate all that is being said on this board and I am 100% sure that the current coaches are working hard to correct some of the issues. We were 12-2 for cryin out louc...................we are spoiled, pure and simple. Great season Bearcats. Now, let's start looking forward to what next years holds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenman View Post

a valid point...however, how did we get to the point that our best option was a redshirt freshman? that boils down to coaching issues somewhere.
                          Coaches make mistakes just like their players.
                          When both fail to learn from their mistakes is the time to be concerned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenman View Post

Comment

• true enough. but AD is gone, fair or not, it's up to the current staff to deal with the current issues.

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X