Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roll call: Who saw the 1999 4 OT title game in person?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched the ot's on tv. I don't recall if I watched the entire game or not but the epic ending stands out.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
      I want to hear from the Bearcat fans who attended ALL FOUR of the national championship games in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 in Florence, Alabama, where the Bearcats finished as the runner up four years in a row. You will need to prove that you attended all four games.......oh say, something like.........still visible slash mark scars on your wrists, etc.

Comment

I was at The Quaff with 75+ Bearcat fans (from what I remember). So many up and downs that game made the beer flow. I remember the place going crazy and needing a taxi to get home after. :)

Comment

I want to hear from the Bearcat fans who attended ALL FOUR of the national championship games in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 in Florence, Alabama, where the Bearcats finished as the runner up four years in a row. You will need to prove that you attended all four games.......oh say, something like.........still visible slash mark scars on your wrists, etc.

Comment

I watched the 2010 'freezer bowl' on (internet) tv. The game was in Duluth and the students mainly watched the game from their dorm room windows. It was significant for me, because the Bearcats had just defeated the Mules in the quarter finals in Maryville. Then in the semifinals, it didn't make sense why NW and UMD were not only playing in freezing temperatures, but playing at night to make it even worse. The other semi final game was played in warm temperatures that afternoon in the south.......go figure.

As far as the four runner up finishes (in a row), most schools would kill just to achieve one runner up finish. Six national championships and four 2nd place finishes is beyond amazing. One hell of an accomplishment by Northwest Missouri State University. Hats off to Mel, Adam, the assistant coaches, and the players who made it happen.

Comment

Then in the semifinals, it didn't make sense why NW and UMD were not only playing in freezing temperatures, but playing at night to make it even worse. The other semi final game was played in warm temperatures that afternoon in the south......
              I was at the game. That was frustrating. What made it even worse is that there was a weather delay in Mississippi and it cleared up afterward. Would have been so much better to rotate the two start times. It was unbelievably cold. I am able to handle the cold pretty well but that game took the cake.

There was serious talk about moving the game to the Fargo Dome. That was the same weekend the Metrodome ceiling collapsed under the weight of the snow.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I was at the game. That was frustrating. What made it even worse is that there was a weather delay in Mississippi and it cleared up afterward. Would have been so much better to rotate the two start times. It was unbelievably cold. I am able to handle the cold pretty well but that game took the cake.

There was serious talk about moving the game to the Fargo Dome. That was the same weekend the Metrodome ceiling collapsed under the weight of the snow.

Comment

I was at the 1998 and 1999 NC games, I was at all four losses from 2005-2008, as well as the semi-final at North Alabama in 2005. We were the Buffalo Bills of D2. I was in Florence for 2009 and 2013 too! I was also at the 2010 debacle in Duluth. As the song goes, "I've been everywhere." Driving to KC for the 2015 game was easy. Driving to the 2016 game was not easy, but I did it.

Comment

th

Comment

Originally posted by catz54 View Post
                      th

Comment

Go Bearcats!
                        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

I was there! Was my SR. year in High school what a great day!

Comment

th
                            good story thanks for sharing it.

Comment

th
                              Thanks for sharing your perspective from the front lines on that game. I remember just before Oates went out of bounds on that play, Bill Curry was almost crowning CN as the National Champions. Then, on that 4th and 2, the RT flinches so quickly and gets back in his stance so fast that if you blink, you miss it. You and your teammates overcame so much adversity on and off the field that year that the NC was a fitting ending to a team that left it all out on the field.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X