Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roll call: Who saw the 1999 4 OT title game in person?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gorilla John 92
    replied
    Doesn't surprise me. Didn't start following the Mules until '01 but lack of discipline were part of the culture of his teams at UCM and it reared it's ugly head at least a couple of times a year.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat06
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
    I was there.
    I had Doc Knapp with me... :D

Leave a comment:

• JurisBearcat
    replied
    I was in the BMB.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NW Normal
    replied
    I remember Texas A&M Kingsville stomping on the Logo at midfield.

Leave a comment:

• voicefromthestands
    replied
    Originally posted by catz54 View Post
    th
    Who was the team that came to Northwest that year and jumped up and down on the PAW? I want to say it was Central. Who ever, it was a big mistake. Thought we were going to be starting the game in the middle of a brawl.

Leave a comment:

• NW Normal
    replied
    I talked with Matt Voge and his daughter at Homecoming this year. He was there for the 20th anniversary of the 1999 NC team. Other than a beard, he looked about the same as he did when he played.

One thing I remember about the 4 OT game was the moonlight which cast an eerie glow on the post game celebration.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• catfan4life
    replied
    th
    Thanks for sharing your perspective from the front lines on that game. I remember just before Oates went out of bounds on that play, Bill Curry was almost crowning CN as the National Champions. Then, on that 4th and 2, the RT flinches so quickly and gets back in his stance so fast that if you blink, you miss it. You and your teammates overcame so much adversity on and off the field that year that the NC was a fitting ending to a team that left it all out on the field.

Leave a comment:

• southside
    replied
    th
    good story thanks for sharing it.

Leave a comment:

• MeanGreen
    replied
    I was there! Was my SR. year in High school what a great day!

Leave a comment:

• northwest missouri state
    replied
    Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
    I want to hear from the Bearcat fans who attended ALL FOUR of the national championship games in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 in Florence, Alabama, where the Bearcats finished as the runner up four years in a row. You will need to prove that you attended all four games.......oh say, something like.........still visible slash mark scars on your wrists, etc.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    th

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    th

Leave a comment:

• NW Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
    I want to hear from the Bearcat fans who attended ALL FOUR of the national championship games in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 in Florence, Alabama, where the Bearcats finished as the runner up four years in a row. You will need to prove that you attended all four games.......oh say, something like.........still visible slash mark scars on your wrists, etc.
    I was at the 1998 and 1999 NC games, I was at all four losses from 2005-2008, as well as the semi-final at North Alabama in 2005. We were the Buffalo Bills of D2. I was in Florence for 2009 and 2013 too! I was also at the 2010 debacle in Duluth. As the song goes, "I've been everywhere." Driving to KC for the 2015 game was easy. Driving to the 2016 game was not easy, but I did it.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X