Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Alfred33; 01-10-2020, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Heard JO was happy to remain on the staff in his new position.

Comment

Why does everyone keep questioning the ability of the new coach to coach or BW to be coached?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
          Why does everyone keep questioning the ability of the new coach to coach or BW to be coached?

Comment

Fair enough. I've just seen a ton of posts that essentially have stated that "BW is who he is." My post was not necessarily a reaction to yours.

It is the job of the OC to execute an offense that best maximizes the talent on that side of the ball within the greater philosophy of the team as a whole. Just because this guy was pass-heavy in the past doesn't mean he'll try to be pass-heavy now. But, he could very well be pass-heavy as a philosophy.

A more accurate analysis would involve looking at the before/after run/pass ratio of the offense five years prior and five years after his tenure at any stop. See how that compares. Additionally, take into account the coach under which he was the OC in case that changes in the before/after tenure at any of those stops. That might give a more accurate assessment or it could absolutely justify what's already been said.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Comment

Originally posted by NWCat View Post
                JO has never been QB coach. He was receivers coach up until this year but was RB coach this year.

ACU WR coach has been filled according to FootballScoop.
                Yea, my bad. JO was the receivers coach and is now the receivers coach again.

Comment

I don't think he wants more points on the board in general. He wants the floor to be raised and more consistency. NW has had dual threat QBs on the roster ever since Bolles I arrived on campus (and Lamberson prior to that). 2017 would be the closest exception when Martin took a majority of the snaps. That isn't a HCRW trend. While I don't think it is a flashy hire, I do think he checks a lot of boxes with a wealth of experience at various levels, trust of the HC, should have knowledge of the region, and provides an older presence on the offensive side of the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post

I don't think he wants more points on the board in general. He wants the floor to be raised and more consistency. NW has had dual threat QBs on the roster ever since Bolles I arrived on campus (and Lamberson prior to that). 2017 would be the closest exception when Martin took a majority of the snaps. That isn't a HCRW trend. While I don't think it is a flashy hire, I do think he checks a lot of boxes with a wealth of experience at various levels, trust of the HC, should have knowledge of the region, and provides an older presence on the offensive side of the ball.

Comment

On the lighter side side, NW missourian sports editor has an interesting story about NW radio's Tritten.

https://www.nwmissourinews.com/featu...7d454e247.html

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X