X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GorillaBred
    replied
    Originally posted by Randy View Post
    That SEC of D2 nonsense is only said in MIAA land. 4 different SEC teams have won 10 of the last 14 national championships. The MIAA has only had 2 teams that were ever a contender for a national championship.
    We're more like the Big 12 of D2, only NW has had more success finishing off seasons than OU has. Pitt State is Texas (high highs and pretty depressing lows). ESU, FHSU and UCM are Texas Tech, TCU and Baylor (not necessarily in that order). WU is KSU, MW and UNK are OSU and ISU. MoSo is KU.

Also, both conferences have the wrong number of schools.

Leave a comment:

• Taxman
    replied
    Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

Considering that my stated preference for resolving this situation was finding another conference home for Lincoln and NSU, I don't think your assessment of my motivations is quite on target.
    10 conference teams is the perfect number.

Leave a comment:

• Taxman
    replied
    We're on the same page and why I already stated most of the conference should be voting to add noncons. I'm the founding member of the be careful not to follow Pitt into irrelevance foundation. Hopefully the hiring of the current OC is one step to warding that off. It is nice. NW is absolutely in a different situation than most of the conference currently. And that can absolutely change as well.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    That SEC of D2 nonsense is only said in MIAA land. 4 different SEC teams have won 10 of the last 14 national championships. The MIAA has only had 2 teams that were ever a contender for a national championship.
    It's actually repeated around the country more than you'd think.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    I agree. Just people trying to piggyback NW. That said, it is a very tough conference, as are the GSC and GLIAC.

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gorillahawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Taxman View Post

Sure it has. Your team's lack of wins within the current conference schedule has been detrimental to receiving a PO bid. Going outside the conference would provide the ability to find easier opponents in which to accumulate wins and hopefully avoid the better teams in the conference resulting in fewer losses.

Leave a comment:

• GorillaBred
    replied

You're on the "right" side in this because your school is hunting wins they haven't been able to get within the conference.
    Considering that my stated preference for resolving this situation was finding another conference home for Lincoln and NSU, I don't think your assessment of my motivations is quite on target.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

It won't be the wrong side until NW is hurt by no noncons. This year was the closest call but NW responded in epic fashion to make the regional selection committee look incompetent for what they intended to do. That should be taken into consideration in future seasons.
    It's the wrong side. You just can't comprehend it. I blame your "education"

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

Sure it has. Your team's lack of wins within the current conference schedule has been detrimental to receiving a PO bid. Going outside the conference would provide the ability to find easier opponents in which to accumulate wins and hopefully avoid the better teams in the conference resulting in fewer losses.
    Pitt's lack of wins had zero to do with what conference they were in. They wouldn't have made the PO's in the GLVC, the gac, the gliac, or anywhere else the last few seaons, imo.

Leave a comment:

• Taxman
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    It is fitting that the school I dislike the most is on the wrong side of this, though. I imagine their actual reason has something to do with a fertilizer contract they have or something to that effect.
    It won't be the wrong side until NW is hurt by no noncons. This year was the closest call but NW responded in epic fashion to make the regional selection committee look incompetent for what they intended to do. That should be taken into consideration in future seasons.

Leave a comment:

• Taxman
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Nothing has hurt my team, either as far as scheduling. That doesn't mean it won't bite someone soon or that it's fun to watch the same teams every year for all eternity. (Even the most remote High school teams get new opponents once in a while.)

OOC would at least mean you don't have to watch your team play Lincoln or NSU some of the time.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    I shouldn't say "nothing" has hurt pitt. All of Pitt's pain is self inflicted.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    It is fitting that the school I dislike the most is on the wrong side of this, though. I imagine their actual reason has something to do with a fertilizer contract they have or something to that effect.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied

Why? Nothing has hurt those teams with the current scheduling.
    Nothing has hurt my team, either as far as scheduling. That doesn't mean it won't bite someone soon or that it's fun to watch the same teams every year for all eternity. (Even the most remote High school teams get new opponents once in a while.)

OOC would at least mean you don't have to watch your team play Lincoln or NSU some of the time.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X