Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To those unaware, a lot of the back and forth with northwestmissouristate and me is really about fun jokes we've made over the years. The silver pants thing has been a running joke forever and is why I created the avatar that he has.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
      A few thoughts:

There have been co-champions in three of the six years of the silo schedule, which undermines the "one true champion" argument.......

I simply don't see a way forward for programs like NSU and Lincoln to get competitive when they are only playing MIAA teams. Give them the flexibility to schedule a couple of non-con games where they can get some wins and get some confidence (or some money), and who knows?
      The conference chsmpuon is irrelevant in day of 7 po seeds per region .

There are not many ways forward for nsu unless there is a change. It will take half a decade of good luck and hard work.

You will know if it's possible by end if 2020 season if there is improvement 2019 was a deliberate tank. Of a season

?????and yes an easy win would do a bunch for nsu program right now just to change environment.

Switching to Lonestar would not help us. We are more geographically isolated from Lonestar than miaa by far. It would allows us to recruit texaskids more but beside that it would kill our operations cost . Which is what wore us down in 00's and Lonestar is the even more Western and southern now than it was then .

I don't think there is a place in gac for us.

But I truly believe that we can fit in miaa ifwe get our football program on track.

I hope they vote to open it up for nsu sakes but I also believe it will benefit whole conference as well .

But this is has been my position for I've five years

Comment

Just look at Southern. They improved a ton last season, but it didn't earn them many wins. A nice cake game or two would have given them some real hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          Just look at Southern. They improved a ton last season, but it didn't earn them many wins. A nice cake game or two would have given them some real hope.
          "A nice cake game or two" is what they played, Lincoln & Northeastern.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post

"A nice cake game or two" is what they played, Lincoln & Northeastern.
            Good point. How do non-conference games help if you are trying to get a couple of "guaranteed" wins if you end up replacing the two worst teams in the league? Or vice versa if you are trying to improve your strength of schedule but get stuck with the bottom dwellers and lose the top teams?
            It seems like this is a simple thing to do but there are a lot of layers involved.

Comment

As long as schedule is set to rotate the teams you don't play and not stick with home and home two year cycle, it shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post

Good point. How do non-conference games help if you are trying to get a couple of "guaranteed" wins if you end up replacing the two worst teams in the league? Or vice versa if you are trying to improve your strength of schedule but get stuck with the bottom dwellers and lose the top teams?
                It seems like this is a simple thing to do but there are a lot of layers involved.
                Go Bearcats!
                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

To the extent the league is considering playoff ramifications as a part of its deliberation of this decision (which it seems pretty obvious that they are), this is something that is appropriate for the league to consider. It's basically what would've happened in 2013 if Pitt State hadn't laid an egg against MoSo. Both ESU and Pitt State would've had one loss (to eventual NC NW) and one of them maybe/likely gets left out of the playoffs for reasons essentially out of their control. If the conference is going to go down the road of adding non-conference games without reducing conference football membership to ten teams, it has to consider how to schedule conference games in a manner that gives teams the most control over their own postseason destiny.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                    Did they vote yet, and what was the result?
                    +1
                    Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

it appears the vote is jan 24

https://www.kq2.com/content/sports-s...566879601.html
                      Go Bearcats!
                      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Comment

Brandon has been floating a rotating plan for years. I think that some kind of rotation would be best.

Comment

I think these two make the most sense.

Click image for larger version

Name:	miaa.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	477178

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                              I think these two make the most sense.

Click image for larger version

Name:	miaa.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	477178
                              The one on the right separates Hays/Kearney & Emporia/Washburn.

Comment

if we're going to screw this up we should really go for the gusto,

jesse james division
                                nwms
                                wburn
                                nk
                                hays
                                es
                                co

wyatt earp division
                                ps
                                nest
                                moso
                                cm
                                mowest
                                lincoln

then every yr we can play pitt in stillwell (since they don't like camarohead) to settle this thing once & for all.
                                Go Bearcats!
                                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X