Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    No: Central Missouri, Central Oklahoma, Northwest Missouri State, Washburn, Fort Hays State

Fans and alumni of these schools should wake up mad at themselves every day..
    Why, Mule fans are far more concerned about the men's basketball coach than non conference football scheduling.

Comment

• It's always the fans of the schools that have figured out how to make/almost make the playoffs every year who are against non-con lol. They just need to admit that they are afraid of playing schools from other conferences. I don't see how the MIAA can claim to be the SEC of D2 if they don't play non-con.

Comment

• Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post
        It's always the fans of the schools that have figured out how to make/almost make the playoffs every year who are against non-con lol. They just need to admit that they are afraid of playing schools from other conferences. I don't see how the MIAA can claim to be the SEC of D2 if they don't play non-con.
        I don't see how the conference has been able to claim that in a while. We're more like whichever conference consistently has the best record in the low level bowl games.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
          Nearly every other conference at every other level of football has figured out non-conference and unbalanced schedules, but the MIAA can't?

Nearly every other sport offered by the MIAA has non-conference and unbalanced schedules, but football is just too big a challenge?

I really don't get it.
          But have the big boys really figured it out or just figured out how to chase the money. I think it's the Big10 that has teams that hardly ever play each but they have a conference championship game to solve the issue should it matter.

The MIAA could figure it out if they wanted to. The 5-5 vote says half the conference doesn't want to. What's hard to get about that? I realize you don't agree, but I think you get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post
            It's always the fans of the schools that have figured out how to make/almost make the playoffs every year who are against non-con lol. They just need to admit that they are afraid of playing schools from other conferences. I don't see how the MIAA can claim to be the SEC of D2 if they don't play non-con.
            1/10.
            Go Bearcats!
            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
              you play everybody at least once in basketball & probably those other sports no one pays attn to as well. pretty fundamental to play an opponent you're competing against for something.
              It's true, there would be two opponents you would not face in a given year, but the Week 11 flex schedule would give you the best chance to match up the opponents that matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Randy View Post

But have the big boys really figured it out or just figured out how to chase the money. I think it's the Big10 that has teams that hardly ever play each but they have a conference championship game to solve the issue should it matter.

The MIAA could figure it out if they wanted to. The 5-5 vote says half the conference doesn't want to. What's hard to get about that? I realize you don't agree, but I think you get it.
                It's not just the big boys though - it's D2 and D3 and FCS too and the NFL for that matter.

Yes, I get that they don't want to figure it out. I legitimately don't understand why.

Comment

• I guess I'm just not a true fan or something because I can't make myself care one way or another on this issue. Whatever Jerry, Jim & Dr Best want is fine with me.

Besides, it's baseball season. I'm far more concerned about Mules baseball than anything football.

Also, have you watched the Mules play basketball? Now there's something to be concerned about.

Comment

• I've seen the "true conference champion" argument come up on more than one occasion and I have news for you:

That's bull****.

Playing all 11 opponents doesn't give you a "clear" champion. Last year, NW beat UCM but, both finished 10-1 and were co-champions. Two years ago FHSU beat NW but, both finished 9-2 and were co-champions. In 2014, Pitt State and NW were both 10-1, co-champions...

I will talk more about this on the podcast when I record tonight. But I think the reason some of the top tier programs in this league don't want non-con is much more self-serving than any athletics department would ever admit on the record.

Comment

• Originally posted by MIAAWeekly View Post
                      I've seen the "true conference champion" argument come up on more than one occasion and I have news for you:

That's bull****.

Playing all 11 opponents doesn't give you a "clear" champion. Last year, NW beat UCM but, both finished 10-1 and were co-champions. Two years ago FHSU beat NW but, both finished 9-2 and were co-champions. In 2014, Pitt State and NW were both 10-1, co-champions...

I will talk more about this on the podcast when I record tonight. But I think the reason some of the top tier programs in this league don't want non-con is much more self-serving than any athletics department would ever admit on the record.
                      they were clear cochamps. the point isn't getting one champion. the point is a competition where everybody competing for something gets to actually do so against each other.

i think they're lazy w/ respect to scheduling.

there is a solution but it isn't screwing up the only thing they do right.
                      Go Bearcats!
                      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

So glad to see us on the right side of this. No idea how UNK would've voted (I'm somewhat inclined to think they would've been a No), but disappointed to see Lincoln couldn't be there to vote. UCO is the biggest surprise No to me. They have proximity to some of the LSC schools and they always struggle out of the gate in the conference.
                        UNK would have been a yes. Their AD was on record back in December saying it's something he and the football coaches wanted. It would have allowed them to renew in-state rivalries with Chadron St. and Wayne St.

Comment

pfft. the proposed "solution" bastardizes the cc.
                          i'm over the jackasses running this league.
                          i'm mad at them all.
                          i would have voted no to this particular proposal.
                          You are going to try to sell that lie in a conference that has no process for determining a true champion. GTFOH

Comment

they were clear cochamps. the point isn't getting one champion. the point is a competition where everybody competing for something gets to actually do so against each other.

i think they're lazy w/ respect to scheduling.

there is a solution but it isn't screwing up the only thing they do right.
                            Lame rationalizations aren't working. Try something else.

Comment

• I was kidding about fans and alumni, though. It's the politicians (U presidents) who are to blame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Randy View Post

Why, Mule fans are far more concerned about the men's basketball coach than non conference football scheduling.
                                Football+anything=important
                                Basketball+anything but football= pfffft!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X