Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post
    The conference bylaws require a presence to vote. The conference rules do not allow for proxy votes.
    Dumb rule ... Presidents/Chancellors are important people that have more urgent matters to attend to than a football vote. Ridiculous this "rule" even is around. A VP, AD or Faculty rep should vote for the school. Really not that hard

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

You are going to try to sell that lie in a conference that has no process for determining a true champion. GTFOH
      brilliant reply.
      you do realize that typa resp & attitude is how you get to a 5-5 stalemate w/ no solution to a problem we all agree exists.
      there is a solution, fewer members.
      Go Bearcats!
      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Lame rationalizations aren't working. Try something else.
        ^^no better than the last one.
        Go Bearcats!
        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Originally posted by Try II View Post

Dumb rule ... Presidents/Chancellors are important people that have more urgent matters to attend to than a football vote. Ridiculous this "rule" even is around. A VP, AD or Faculty rep should vote for the school. Really not that hard
          Or a conference call or a video conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post

brilliant reply.
            you do realize that typa resp & attitude is how you get to a 5-5 stalemate w/ no solution to a problem we all agree exists.
            there is a solution, fewer members.
            I'm not here to vote or change your mind.

I do agree about fewer members. I even have some in mind.

Comment

Or a conference call or a video conference.
              Maybe they could even use one of those phone thingies that everyone has?

Comment

• Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post

^^no better than the last one.
                So you have no valid points to make and have decided you want to mud wrestle instead\?

Weird choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Randy View Post

But have the big boys really figured it out or just figured out how to chase the money. I think it's the Big10 that has teams that hardly ever play each but they have a conference championship game to solve the issue should it matter.

The MIAA could figure it out if they wanted to. The 5-5 vote says half the conference doesn't want to. What's hard to get about that? I realize you don't agree, but I think you get it.
                  5 is not half of 12. I thought you were the spreadsheet/numbers guy?

Comment

But have the big boys really figured it out or just figured out how to chase the money. I think it's the Big10 that has teams that hardly ever play each but they have a conference championship game to solve the issue should it matter.

The MIAA could figure it out if they wanted to. The 5-5 vote says half the conference doesn't want to. What's hard to get about that? I realize you don't agree, but I think you get it.
                    My understanding is that they were voting on a specific proposal that purported to have "figured it out." The split vote could be more indicative that the No's didn't find that particular proposal to be the solution they wanted.

Comment

So you have no valid points to make and have decided you want to mud wrestle instead\?

Weird choice.
                      We are all too heavy for his weight class.

Comment

I was told the vote would have passed 7-5 if UNK had been allowed to vote via proxy. I have also hear conflicting stories about LU. One said that they abstained since their vote would not matter without UNK's. The other said that LU's president was unable to attend as well.

I was also told that a push existed to let UNK/LU vote but the schools voting no were adamant about not letting that occur.

Comment

5 is not half of 12. I thought you were the spreadsheet/numbers guy?
                          I'm a numbers nerd not a wordsmith. I should have said almost half or half of those that voted.

Comment

Weird choice.
                            lol lkq my man.
                            i actually advocate you rereading what i replied to & then take yer own advice.
                            Go Bearcats!
                            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

I'm not here to vote or change your mind.

I do agree about fewer members. I even have some in mind.
                              the point is there is consensus to be had.

itt ppl are so desperate to fix the problem they're willing to take any solution as opposed to the best one regardless of ramifications.....which anything can be explained away w/ respect to this issue but everything shouldn't necessarily be.

i think there is another adv to this not passing beyond it being a bad solution to a bad problem & that is one of these schools actually missing the po's due to status quo might be what it takes to get what we really need. & idc if it's us, we deserve it as it's quite obv we're one of the ring leaders that got the league into this predicament to begin w/.

a buncha chicken littles have been doling out conf bids like they're coupons for cheap pizza for far too long around here. we agree we need fewer members. 2 fewer members is perfect. there's really only one school that is obv in terms of who should be out & then after that it's a matter of perspective. regardless of that we shouldn't be getting into it (although i called the obv one out earlier itt) & should just let natural attrition do what it does.
                              Go Bearcats!
                              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

We are all too heavy for his weight class.
                                my avatar is so pretty you be jealous.
                                Go Bearcats!
                                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X