• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://anchor.fm/miaa-weekly/episod...to-MIAA-eaipp7

Comment

• The podcast. +1

Comment

• Originally posted by MIAAWeekly View Post
        I've seen the "true conference champion" argument come up on more than one occasion and I have news for you:

That's bull****.

Playing all 11 opponents doesn't give you a "clear" champion. Last year, NW beat UCM but, both finished 10-1 and were co-champions. Two years ago FHSU beat NW but, both finished 9-2 and were co-champions. In 2014, Pitt State and NW were both 10-1, co-champions...
        I don't necessarily look at it that way. I'm not a big fan of "co-champions" - as far as I'm concerned, NW has a better claim to being MIAA champions based on their head-to-head win over UCM.
        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Podcast was great. Thanks for doing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
            No: Central Missouri, Central Oklahoma, Northwest Missouri State, Washburn, Fort Hays State

Fans and alumni of these schools should wake up mad at themselves every day..
            Why? Nothing has hurt those teams with the current scheduling.

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

So glad to see us on the right side of this. No idea how UNK would've voted (I'm somewhat inclined to think they would've been a No), but disappointed to see Lincoln couldn't be there to vote. UCO is the biggest surprise No to me. They have proximity to some of the LSC schools and they always struggle out of the gate in the conference.
              You're on the "right" side in this because your school is hunting wins they haven't been able to get within the conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                Nearly every other conference at every other level of football has figured out non-conference and unbalanced schedules, but the MIAA can't?

Nearly every other sport offered by the MIAA has non-conference and unbalanced schedules, but football is just too big a challenge?

I really don't get it.
                How many more PO games does the MIAA pick up if the MIAA adds noncons while the NSIC and GAC remain closed? What about in the past? All in the name of "fun". Really, all of the non PO teams should be voting yes because they have nothing to lose. They weren't making the POs to begin with.

Comment

• Originally posted by MIAAWeekly View Post
                  I've seen the "true conference champion" argument come up on more than one occasion and I have news for you:

That's bull****.

Playing all 11 opponents doesn't give you a "clear" champion. Last year, NW beat UCM but, both finished 10-1 and were co-champions. Two years ago FHSU beat NW but, both finished 9-2 and were co-champions. In 2014, Pitt State and NW were both 10-1, co-champions...

I will talk more about this on the podcast when I record tonight. But I think the reason some of the top tier programs in this league don't want non-con is much more self-serving than any athletics department would ever admit on the record.
                  So 3 + 2003 is 4 out of how many years? May be others but it is definitely in the vast minority regardless of format.

So in week 11 the 2 best remaining records who have not played play each other and so on and so on? You know how you don't add more conference PO teams? Keep adding losses to your teams with the best records. You're going to be back where you started with the same number of PO teams. At best under any change your looking to add 1 PO team. Potentially some seeding differences. You're still left with an in-region conference that doesn't play any ooc games.

And that is exactly what the top tier teams should be doing. Looking out for themselves. Why in the world would any athletic program want to make any decision that weakens their positioning within the conference, region, or the division as a whole? This thread should probably be moved to the Off Topic board. POs (and competition within the conference championship) should be the focus. Post season bowl game opportunities are fickle and can come and go. I don't think any decision should be made pertaining to those despite the recent success conference teams have enjoyed. The conference already has a team declining bowl invites.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taxman View Post

All in the name of "fun"
                    Totally agree. I never watch sports for fun. Only business.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Totally agree. I never watch sports for fun. Only business.
                      :) ;)

B, we know you, and others, want to be entertained with the new opponents ooc games brings. Why don't we compromise and just add "family-friendly" Super Bowl halftime shows to the current conference games...

Comment

:) ;)

B, we know you, and others, want to be entertained with the new opponents ooc games brings. Why don't we compromise and just add "family-friendly" Super Bowl halftime shows to the current conference games...
                        Thank you for recognizing my tone!

Comment

Why? Nothing has hurt those teams with the current scheduling.
                          Nothing has hurt my team, either as far as scheduling. That doesn't mean it won't bite someone soon or that it's fun to watch the same teams every year for all eternity. (Even the most remote High school teams get new opponents once in a while.)

OOC would at least mean you don't have to watch your team play Lincoln or NSU some of the time.

Comment

• It is fitting that the school I dislike the most is on the wrong side of this, though. I imagine their actual reason has something to do with a fertilizer contract they have or something to that effect.

Comment

• I shouldn't say "nothing" has hurt pitt. All of Pitt's pain is self inflicted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Nothing has hurt my team, either as far as scheduling. That doesn't mean it won't bite someone soon or that it's fun to watch the same teams every year for all eternity. (Even the most remote High school teams get new opponents once in a while.)

OOC would at least mean you don't have to watch your team play Lincoln or NSU some of the time.
                                Sure it has. Your team's lack of wins within the current conference schedule has been detrimental to receiving a PO bid. Going outside the conference would provide the ability to find easier opponents in which to accumulate wins and hopefully avoid the better teams in the conference resulting in fewer losses.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X