Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Broyles is gone, so I have hope that scheduling will be better for Pitt,

Let me dream for a little while at least.

Comment

• it's all good holmes. how 'bout midwestern state.
      they did beat lindenwood but don't be skeered. the fan who claimed they're improved was j/k.
      i stayed at a courtyard in wichita falls once. it was 'aight.
      Go Bearcats!
      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
        Is the GAC talking about opening it up at all?
        I have not followed this subject all that closely, but I have a couple of thoughts / questions. I guess it sounds exciting to go play someone from another conference, but unless you have a guarantee that other conferences within a reasonable ($$$$$) distance are all in......then what's the point of going down this road? Hell, you might just end up playing some dog from another conference instead of a dog in your own conference. I wondering if some posters pushing this idea just have stars in their eyes.

Comment

• I don't like the silo schedule, it's boring. I also don't want to see a super-silo with another conference. It would be easy in the GAC to just rotate off two teams from the other state to open up for ooc games. My feeling is if the MIAA opens then the GAC will follow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Randy View Post

Looks like you fat fingered when you typed UCM. Either that or Pitt takes some crazy route to Warrensburg if its 15 miles further than St Charles.
            Give UCM the first UNK listing (129 mi) in his post and you'd have the distances, I believe.

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
            just let every school decide whom they don't want to play. the ones that want to decide, possibly some are low maintenance. i've taken the liberty of tending to everyone's delicate sensibilities. after the shills follow up w/ some more objections we'll revisit,

cms requires a qual ooc opp each yr so we'll match them up w/ lwood. per their fan they're much improved & it's a long time heated rival. scratch off hays to offset onerous tuition expenses. hays gets colorado st pueblo.
            nwms can play truman st. no real reason, just trying to piss off as many ppl as possible w/ this one. we will scratch central okla off, don't need to be embarrassed again down there. give the bronchoes panhandle st.
            nest can play sbu & avoid kearney as the trip is brutal & oppressive. they shall overcome. kearney gets chadron st.
            pitt can play mid america nazarene, scratch off idk lincoln, it's basically the same thing & lbh they're still suffering night tremors from the delta st visit in 2005.
            es can play jewell, scratch off wburn. give the ichies upper iowa.
            mowest, scratch off moso, griffs don't like showing up for this one any more than cm. perhaps they can argue over who gets to avoid this embarrassment. mowest gets wayne st, moso gets rolla.

my gosh i really am a uniter.
            This is my favorite post. This is probably what the UCM and NW ADs said to convince the other 3 ADs to join up with them in opposing the idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
              it's all good holmes. how 'bout midwestern state.
              they did beat lindenwood but don't be skeered. the fan who claimed they're improved was j/k.
              i stayed at a courtyard in wichita falls once. it was 'aight.
              Not sure NW should talk about being scared since they are afraid to leave the tide pool. Just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post

I have not followed this subject all that closely, but I have a couple of thoughts / questions. I guess it sounds exciting to go play someone from another conference, but unless you have a guarantee that other conferences within a reasonable ($$$$$) distance are all in......then what's the point of going down this road? Hell, you might just end up playing some dog from another conference instead of a dog in your own conference. I wondering if some posters pushing this idea just have stars in their eyes.
                Like I said earlier.

As a personal preference, I would rather go watch a new patsy than the same old patsy. I can't even make myself go to a game against lincoln. I know they have always been and will always be exactly that bad. NSU is the same (I mean they haven't always been this bad, but have always been bad) Other teams may be better, even good, but it's pretty boring watching the same teams every single year. The worst years being when 3 or 4 of the teams that come to home games are crappy/borderline unwatchable. Even high school teams mix it up with new opponents on the regular.

At least you get a little sense of the unknown going in, and a genuine opportunity for your school to schedule a good game.

Comment

Not sure NW should talk about being scared since they are afraid to leave the tide pool. Just saying.
                  i would imagine we're skeered of everybody as we get beat by also-rans on the reg these days. truman st should be a vigorous test.
                  now do you want the midwestern st or not? i got lots of options. there are schools in new mexico at my disposal as well. really far away, but on the plus side i'm pretty sure they're terrible & not claimed by anyone as of yet.
                  if you want to get really picky i can probl get you a game w/ the humbolt st alumni all stars. don't let the all star part fool you. they're like a west coast version of east central. but again, really far away.

you need to hurry up & make a selection. as soon as the cm guys fig out that they can't actually beat a competent ooc opp (you'd think their playoff history would be a not so subtle clue but we'll leave that alone for the moment) they're going to start sniffing around these parts.
                  Go Bearcats!
                  M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

. I wondering if some posters pushing this idea just have stars in their eyes.
                    Either that or have watched the MIAA schedule non-conference games since 1973.

Comment

Like I said earlier.

As a personal preference, I would rather go watch a new patsy than the same old patsy. I can't even make myself go to a game against lincoln. I know they have always been and will always be exactly that bad. NSU is the same (I mean they haven't always been this bad, but have always been bad) Other teams may be better, even good, but it's pretty boring watching the same teams every single year. The worst years being when 3 or 4 of the teams that come to home games are crappy/borderline unwatchable. Even high school teams mix it up with new opponents on the regular.

At least you get a little sense of the unknown going in, and a genuine opportunity for your school to schedule a good game.
                      got a call the other night from dear ol' alma mater
                      student called me to thank me for my donation last yr & to ask about one this yr
                      we discussed the pending financial crisis at casa de nwms in light of the following,

https://www.economist.com/graphic-de...-suicide-rates

i further explained that the price of oil/tank of gas & my property taxes were putting the squeeze on nwms & that i couldn't spare a dime esp b/c i'm ocd about possibly waking up one day w/ suicidal ocd so i need to hoard what little cash i got left.

unfortunately i was screwing with her. of course there is a link between $ & happiness, it tops out at like $75k/yr in terms of how happy more $ can make you depending on the study & doesn't gloss over the economic ramifications of an artificial min wage & how not factoring in the impact on the economy's real wages retroactively changing it over that period impacts their conclusions (the min wage is the min wage).

& of course gas really is expensive & my property taxes really did go up this yr (homeowners & auto insurance did as well!) but the truth is i been drinking too many $3 energy drinks & need to cut back & also possibly stop buying overpriced large suv's. & even that's not that biga deal, shoot i just couldn't find my check book & was too lazy to look for it.

but she don't know that.

tl;dr - presumably nice young lady got manipulated by nwms.
                      Go Bearcats!
                      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Anything before 1989 shouldn't count. Heck they only had like five teams in the league back then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Can you expand on that thought.

Comment

Can you expand on that thought.
                            I'm old and they managed to schedule non-conference games from 1973-2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post

Anything before 1989 shouldn't count. Heck they only had like five teams in the league back then.
                              Even if we started the clock when I started college this type of scheduling is abnormal.

Comment

• Commerce would play anyone.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X