X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GorillaBred
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Pretty sure Pitt beat SWMSU (MSU) after they moved up, too.
    Pitt State beat a ~.500 Arkansas State team by 20-ish in 1989, lost to a first round playoff exit Eastern Illinois tea by 10 in 1996 and beat a preseason ranked #24, but eventual 5-6 SMSU team in the 1997 season opener with the score being 9-8.

Leave a comment:

• northwest missouri state
    replied
    really weird.
    we're playing some school named mckendree in baseball today.
    & uc colorado springs on 2.21.
    i assume gary gaetti's footing the bill there's no other way something like this could be possible.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by Gorillahawk View Post

Seems like I can remember Pitt playing Arkansas State one time, going there and beating them. It was a big deal as we obviously were the underdogs who spoiled a larger schools fun
    Pretty sure Pitt beat SWMSU (MSU) after they moved up, too.

Leave a comment:

• Gorillahawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post

Absolutely.......go take their money and break their hearts. I'm sure that Missouri State and Illinois State both declined any future scheduling with Washburn and UCM. Playing up is where the real fun is at.
    Seems like I can remember Pitt playing Arkansas State one time, going there and beating them. It was a big deal as we obviously were the underdogs who spoiled a larger schools fun

Leave a comment:

• Donkeydamus
    replied
    Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

Hell yes, lets play some out of conference schools. But why limit it to just D2 schools. Screw that...... lets have some real fun and play "up' like the Bods and Mules did in 2010.
    Absolutely.......go take their money and break their hearts. I'm sure that Missouri State and Illinois State both declined any future scheduling with Washburn and UCM. Playing up is where the real fun is at.

Leave a comment:

• Kiss My Ass
    replied
    Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

It was fun in 2010 when the Bods played 'up' and knocked off Missouri State and the Mules played 'up' and lost by one point at Illinois State (we got screwed by the refs).
    Hell yes, lets play some out of conference schools. But why limit it to just D2 schools. Screw that...... lets have some real fun and play "up' like the Bods and Mules did in 2010.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by Taxman View Post

Conference distance doesn't matter in this regard. The conference isn't going to just chop off your 2 longest trips if the MIAA stays at 12 football playing institutions. It will be a rotation of some sort.
    Right. But schools also can't the trip to conference opponent UCO is within tolerance but a nearly equal non-conference opponent drives up the budget.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

It was fun in 2010 when the Bods played 'up' and knocked off Missouri State and the Mules played 'up' and lost by one point at Illinois State (we got screwed by the refs).
    I was listening to the game and that was my impression as well.

Leave a comment:

• NWHoops
    replied
    Originally posted by Taxman View Post

Conference distance doesn't matter in this regard. The conference isn't going to just chop off your 2 longest trips if the MIAA stays at 12 football playing institutions. It will be a rotation of some sort.
    Agree and I should have worded that better. My point is you shouldn't use travel distance as a reason not to have ooc games when there are plenty of quality ooc opponents that are just as far, if not closer, than some of our conference opponents.

If you look at the comment I replied to, they implied it's easier for NW to have ooc games with the NSIC because we're closer to those schools. To me that doesn't matter because there are GAC schools that are virtually the same distance as our own conference games (NSU/UCO and even Ft. Hays)

Leave a comment:

• Taxman
    replied
    Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

Similar to what Brandon said but without going through the mileage, our conference is spread out enough that I think there are options for all to have ooc games (that are still good quality teams) that are closer than some conference games. While NW may be closer to the NSIC, I can't see there being a big difference in taking out the NSU/UCO game(s) and getting GAC games. As I mentioned before, it has to be an agreement that makes financial sense among conferences with some type of memorandum so historically high-ranking teams aren't having to pay an arm and a leg to get a school to come play them at home. I think the conferences can work out something but not sure if they'll work together to that level.

Leave a comment:

• Shanghai Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I'm old and they managed to schedule non-conference games from 1973-2013.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Commerce would play anyone.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post

Anything before 1989 shouldn't count. Heck they only had like five teams in the league back then.
    Even if we started the clock when I started college this type of scheduling is abnormal.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post

Can you expand on that thought.
    I'm old and they managed to schedule non-conference games from 1973-2013.

Leave a comment:

• Donkeydamus
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Either that or have watched the MIAA schedule non-conference games since 1973.
    Can you expand on that thought.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X