Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mules OC

Anyone hearing anything about the search for the new OC? Coach Mac took the Wayne job on Dec 6th and I do not see anything posted on the HR site saying that there is an opening. This means one of two things; 1) The job closed and hopefully an announcement coming soon; or 2) They have not posted the job yet.

It took a fair amount of time last year for the new DC to be announced (shortly before spring ball started) so it might be the same for this year. I have complete confidence in 'Boda but it would be nice to get someone in sooner than later so the players can get to know them.

'Boda has only had two OC's at UCM (Lambo and Mac) and both were former qbs at NW when Boda was their OC. Lets be honest, 'Boda is the ultimate OC at UCM even though he let Mac call the plays and 'Boda was not shy about jumping in to override the play calls. Like Chiefs coach Andy Reid, 'Boda will continue to be the offensive architect and he will hire an "OC" to assist with the offense. Not having a new "OC" in place at this time will have zero impact on the current players or the offensive players being recruited. The situation was different last year when we had no DC in place during the final recruiting phase. The current DC (BJ) made great strides with the defense this past season and he will also prove to be a good recruiter.
    Last edited by Shanghai Mule; 01-25-2020, 05:06 PM.

Comment

It will be Braden Wright. NW qb is the new OC. He is going to pull double duty so he can continue the string of NW qbs to be OC at UCM

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
        It will be Braden Wright. NW qb is the new OC. He is going to pull double duty so he can continue the string of NW qbs to be OC at UCM
        Todd Ferguson, Greg Teale, Chris Greisen, Travis Miles, and TJ Mandl are the quarterbacks who started games under Svoboda at Northwest who have yet to be the OC at UCM. ;)

Comment

I agree that Boda is gonna continue to be the main play caller at UCM no matter who they tab as "oc"

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
            I agree that Boda is gonna continue to be the main play caller at UCM no matter who they tab as "oc"
            It's Svoboda's system, but he hasn't called the plays since Lambo's first couple seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post

It's Svoboda's system, but he hasn't called the plays since Lambo's first couple seasons.
              I'm not sure when Lambo was given the OC title and started calling the plays. For a few years his title was wide receivers coach and recruiting coordinator. I wonder if coach 'Boda might bring back a Mules qb as an offensive coordinator or offensive assistant. Brook Bolles (Sports Management Major), Garrett Fugate (Business Major) in or still pursuing pro football. Hayden Hawk (Math Major) the current OC at Henderson State. Eric Czerniewski (Harlon Hill Trophy Winner) business major and probably working his way up the corporate ladder.

Comment

Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post

I'm not sure when Lambo was given the OC title and started calling the plays. For a few years his title was wide receivers coach and recruiting coordinator. I wonder if coach 'Boda might bring back a Mules qb as an offensive coordinator or offensive assistant. Brook Bolles (Sports Management Major), Garrett Fugate (Business Major) in or still pursuing pro football. Hayden Hawk (Math Major) the current OC at Henderson State. Eric Czerniewski (Harlon Hill Trophy Winner) business major and probably working his way up the corporate ladder.
                Todd Koby available?

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

Todd Koby available?
                  I guess the (Todd Koby) gaffe by a KC tv sportscaster will live forever. Toby Korrodi (aka. Todd Koby) was the best Mules passer ever. A true gunslinger, but unfortunately his receivers did not match his high skill level. Had Toby Korrodi been throwing to the Czerniewski receivers (Jamorris Warren, DeMarco Cosby, and RB Anthony Stewart).....OMG.......look out.
                  Last edited by Donkeydamus; 01-28-2020, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post

I guess the (Todd Koby) gaffe by a KC tv sportscaster will live forever. Toby Korrodi (aka. Todd Koby) was the best Mules passer ever. A true gunslinger, but unfortunately his receivers did not match his high skill level. Had Toby Korrodi been throwing to the Czerniewski receivers (Jamorris Warren, DeMarco Cosby, and RB Anthony Stewart).....OMG.......look out.
                    All of us old timers need some jokes to remind of us our younger years.

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post

Makes sense since they haven't been as allergic to running the last few years.

Comment

Lucas Lueders, former OC for Morningside College.
                        https://ucmathletics.com/news/2020/3...ordinator.aspx

Comment

Wow! Morningside was in beast mode last year. 4k pass, 3k run yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                            Lucas Lueders, former OC for Morningside College.
                            https://ucmathletics.com/news/2020/3...ordinator.aspx
                            Looks like a good hire.

Comment

Congrats from a M'side fan. He has been an integral part of the NAIA's best offense for a decade.

In 2019, Lueders had a soph Qb, a first time starter. Check out the Mustangs' 2018 stats when he had a senior at Qb.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X