Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Wish List

Wish list for Central Missouri:

* An injury free season for qb Brook Bolles - if so, then the Mules offense will be killer.
    * An improved defense. The defense was extremely young in 2018 and suffered a couple of major preseason injuries to veteran starters. I would rate last years defense at " C-". With last years young starters rounding into form and the return of the injured veterans, the Mules should grade a solid "B" on defense.
    * A healthy Brook Booles + an improved defense = a serious contender for the conference championship.

Go Mules in 2019.
    Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 12-31-2018, 09:43 AM.

Re: 2019 Wish List

Wish list for Pitt:
    New coaches aren't going to happen this year, so besides that, here is what I would like to see:
    - Coaches attend some camps and get better quickly. Specifically the OC and OL coaches, but all of them. The coaching tree is 100% inbred and new ideas from all over the place are needed.
    -Dreiling to continue to learn and improve as DC. (I think he will)
    - One of the young QB's to step up and be the man. (Don't care at all which one it is) If outside help needs to be brought in to develop these guys, do it.
    -LB help. They basically have none returning.
    -DL to continue to improve. Maybe via some better sized DE's. Fast is great but not when you get owned on the edge.
    -A center who can snap the ball somewhere near the QB.
    -Improvement across the OL.
    - Hardin to stay healthy and another corner or 2.
    - WR. Need to be developed. (Again, if outside help needs brought in to do that, get it done.)
    -WR. Need a true deep threat. Doesn't have to belike Brown or West. A Jermaine Carpenter or Brian Pray type would be a big help. A great route runner with sneaky speed like Lutman would be fine.

Comment

For Emporia State
      -Higgins continues to develop quarterbacks. (We didn't know what we were going to do when Eckenrode graduated, then when Wilson graduated, but both successors did well.)
      -The defense to improve with age. (They played a lot of young kids last year and they seemed to improve as the year went along. They should get CB Kelin Gordon who was out with a knee injury and CB Jaedon Pool who played at about 50% most of last season with an injury both back. Parker Bass and Trevaun Ammons are legit D-Linemen in this league. Jace McDown led the league in tackles and was just a sophomore.)
      -Overall good health. (If Kai Callins can play injury free he brings a different dimension to the RB spot than Landon Nault who only led the league in rushing yards last year.)

Comment

New OC
        Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
          New OC

Comment

His downfield passing is not the problem..its the sideways stuff that he tends to push the ball instead of actually throw.

Comment

Ask Pitt fan how blind loyalty works out in the end? A slow fade to irrelevance.

JO - Been in charge of WRs for how long? WR development and retention has been simply awful for years. More involved in the offense the past 2 seasons. Total offense blew last year. Passing game did again this season.

CF - "but lacks (and sadly may never have) the skillsets to scheme against opposing Ds and develop players" - If this is an assessment for an OC - he needs to be gone. Yesterday.

Year 1 - Free pass
              Year 2 - Serious questions/doubts
              Year 3 - (if provided) Last chance - perform or changes have to occur

Safety play is what needs improved much more than corner play. Pressure/getting the QB on the ground wasn't quite what it has been in the past makes a difference as well. Seems like teams are also simply getting ball out quicker v. NW. That is more feel than anything tangible but if one had a lot of time could be quantified.

Wright throws a nice deep ball. More intermediate routes need to be run and thrown. Has to be a lack of confidence for this to be so limited. So many passes at or near the los. Even with so many the completion % was still only 56.6%. He was a RSFR, has elite speed for the position and good arm strength. Now, how does he develop? Hohensee an option as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
                Ask Pitt fan how blind loyalty works out in the end? A slow fade to irrelevance.

JO - Been in charge of WRs for how long? WR development and retention has been simply awful for years. More involved in the offense the past 2 seasons. Total offense blew last year. Passing game did again this season.

CF - "but lacks (and sadly may never have) the skillsets to scheme against opposing Ds and develop players" - If this is an assessment for an OC - he needs to be gone. Yesterday.

Year 1 - Free pass

Safety play is what needs improved much more than corner play. Pressure/getting the QB on the ground wasn't quite what it has been in the past makes a difference as well. Seems like teams are also simply getting ball out quicker v. NW. That is more feel than anything tangible but if one had a lot of time could be quantified.

Wright throws a nice deep ball. More intermediate routes need to be run and thrown. Has to be a lack of confidence for this to be so limited. So many passes at or near the los. Even with so many the completion % was still only 56.6%. He was a RSFR, has elite speed for the position and good arm strength. Now, how does he develop? Hohensee an option as well?
                The right balance between loyalty and honest assessment is always tough to maintain in the face of adversity. Pitt State's has obviously gone too far towards the loyalty side. You'd have to be really close to the program to be able to tell how the balance hangs until it is obvious and too late. Pitt State is at the latter stage now. Either a true insider (unlikely) or time (more likely) will reveal where NW is.

However, the latter quote is a lot more damning than any blanket statements about loyalty. It reminds me of a recent quote over on the Pitt State board--something about TB lacking a disciplined approach to program-building. If a HC lacks a disciplined approach to program building, he's not qualified to be a HC. If an OC lacks the skillsets to scheme against opposing Ds and develop players, he's not qualified to be an OC.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                  Wish list for Pitt:
                  -A center who can snap the ball somewhere near the QB.
                  This made me chuckle. :smile-big: But it is sad that it has to be on the wish list.

Comment

I have nothing against Braden, but I hope that it's an open competition at the QB position. Braden definitely has the leg up after a good RS freshman season, but there are a couple of other good QBs in the cupboard that may be better throwers. I'd have no problem with him winning the job again, but I think competition is good for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
                      New OC
                      I've never heard of 3 offensive coordinators!

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
                        I've never heard of 3 offensive coordinators!
                        I said NEW not ANOTHER
                        Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

2019 Wish List

Originally posted by Taxman View Post

Year 1 - Free pass

Last edited by lleachieshusband; 01-06-2019, 04:45 PM.

Comment

WISH LIST FOR MSSU LIONS - 2019

Jeff Sims brings in a great recruiting class that can build some synergy with the youth that is in the program.

That we see improvements almost immediately, not asking for a national championship, but I'm asking for 3-4 wins.

I'd like to meet up with my fellow Lions at the Spring Match and maybe have a few beers and see what we can do for the program.

We have the field house, we have the score board and now we have our coach.

Comment

MSSU Wish List for 2019:

A competitive spring... I want to see and hear about guys working in the spring like their *worried* about losing their spot.

(At least) Three impact newcomers in this recruiting class... The Lions need a QB. Know how many TD passes the returning starter had in 2018? Zero. The Lions need a pass rusher. Know how many sacks MSSU D-linemen have accounted for in the last two years combined? 3.5 (seriously, look it up). The Lions need a No. 1 WR. Know what the highest mark for receptions and yards by a WR was in the last two seasons? 26 catches for 362 yards... Know who did it? The guy who started the season as QB1, Dante Vandeven in 2017.

A plan... I want to see the makings of a plan being put in place to build this thing up. I'm seeing it already with the way the coaching staff is recruiting. I want to see this continued effort to market the program to the community and to prospective recruits.

Sweet new unis... click here

Touchdowns... In 11 games last season, Southern scored a total of nine offensive touchdowns. In the last three games combined, they scored zero. More on that below.

More wins, less blowout losses... Seems simple, no? Southern lost 10 games in 2018. They won one game by five points. The average margin in the other 10 games? 43.4 points per game. It's going to take a little while before the Lions are winning a lot of games in the MIAA. But, at the very least, score points and don't get absolutely boat-raced every Saturday. The Lions last points of the 2018 season came on a field goal with 8:17 remaining of their win over NSU... after that, they were outscored 120-0 the rest of the year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X