Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HookemHerd
    replied
    So many questions that aren't important in the grand scheme of things. I wonder what they will do with eligibility for Seniors that had their spring season cut short for Baseball, Softball, track etc. I'd assume most will graduate and move onto their professional careers. If kids want to play their final season do schools have to honor it the next season. What do they do about scholarship restrictions the next season.

For Spring ball can they extend fall practice? Can they push spring ball back if classes get pushed back?

Classes now, will they all be through Skype or Zoom?

Leave a comment:

• Kiss My Ass
    replied
    Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
    All collegiate sports are cancelled until further notice, except for Corn Hole in Kansas.

And to be fair, Horseshoe / Muleshoe pitching in Missouri.

Leave a comment:

• Kiss My Ass
    replied
    All collegiate sports are cancelled until further notice, except for Corn Hole in Kansas.
    Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 03-13-2020, 12:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    It may be an overreaction, and it may not. To say definitively either way at this point is pretty silly.

Social isolation is a great tool, but it is definitely going to hurt the economy.

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied
    Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    Overreacting
    I don't think it is. Its a bummer, but this could easily outgrow the capabilities of our medical infrastructure. Spreading out the infection rate over a longer period of time, if it works, is going to make it look like we over reacted. If this virus doubles the infected rate every week, it could take a terrifyingly small amount of time to overrun everything.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Several schools have closed or gone online only. UNK, MSSU, FHSU. Not sure about any others.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    Overreacting

Leave a comment:

• Gorilla John 92
    replied
    Sports are done for the spring semester per the NCAA. A source told me that this includes spring football practice as well.

Leave a comment:

• backintheday
    replied
    Another facet of this story is the fact the NCAA derives a lion's share of it's budget (about 75%) from D1 basketball and March Madness. D2 derives a lions share of it's budget from the 4-5% cut of overall NCAA revenues. The cancellation of March Madness may have profound implications on at least the short term budgets if not longer term viability of D2 athletics itself. Something to keep a watch on for sure

Leave a comment:

• GrifFan
    started a topic MIAA suspends all sports indefinitely

MIAA suspends all sports indefinitely

http://themiaa.com/news/2020/3/12/ge...efinitely.aspx

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X