Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA reduces amount of games in all sports for this year.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post

I think we sometimes forget how good we have it in the MIAA in terms of support. I had someone tell me they didn't think there should be football if fans weren't allowed and my response was that most D2 teams play in front of empty stadiums most weeks. According to the NCAA stats site the Lady Hornet basketball team averaged more fans per game than 46 D2 football teams last year. There were 16 that were listed as averaging under 1000 per game.

I've been told that a football road trip could cost $10,000 once you take into account buses, meals, and hotel rooms.
    I have been around so I know that not everything looks like the MIAA. In fact, friends who have visited from the eastern part of the country say it's like an FCS league in the east.

I had heard $8,000 on a football trip so our information is very similar.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post
        Two more K-State players tested positive..... so overnight it doubled to four players. Will it double again tomorrow? Even trying to keep your team secluded in a bubble environment is no guarantee of avoiding the virus. Unfortunately, this is probably going to be the reality for every team

K-State now has 14 players testing positive. Football workouts were shut down for 14 days minimum.

The handwriting is on the wall for all football teams from youth leagues - high school - college - pros......it's not going to happen.

Comment

How many hospitalizations? I have 2 relatives and 1 friend who tested positive for the antibodies and 2 friends who tested positive for covid19. None of them were hospitalized and all are fine now. How many of the FB players have symptoms?

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
            How many hospitalizations? I have 2 relatives and 1 friend who tested positive for the antibodies and 2 friends who tested positive for covid19. None of them were hospitalized and all are fine now. How many of the FB players have symptoms?

The report just said as of Friday 14 KSU football players had tested positive and are now in isolation. No mention of symptoms or hospitalizations. I get where you're going here, so should they just keep going until players start showing up at the hospital? I'm not trying to be a wise guy either, but the people calling the shots have extremely tough decisions to make and it appears they're going to error on the side of caution. Hopefully this whole mess will be in the rearview mirror sooner rather than later.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post

I think we sometimes forget how good we have it in the MIAA in terms of support. I had someone tell me they didn't think there should be football if fans weren't allowed and my response was that most D2 teams play in front of empty stadiums most weeks. According to the NCAA stats site the Lady Hornet basketball team averaged more fans per game than 46 D2 football teams last year. There were 16 that were listed as averaging under 1000 per game.

I've been told that a football road trip could cost $10,000 once you take into account buses, meals, and hotel rooms.
                So the 6 teams that are saving a road trip are going to save a total of $45,000-$60,000. That's a 40% of the lost revenue from ticket sales for the canceled NW-UCM game, before even touching on the other 4 games.

I believe (strong emphasis on believe as my thoughts on these sorts of subjects are still evolving) that I'm opposed to games without fans for situations where the players aren't living in controlled environment. If it isn't safe enough for fans to be there in some form, then it isn't safe enough for the players.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

So the 6 teams that are saving a road trip are going to save a total of $45,000-$60,000. That's a 40% of the lost revenue from ticket sales for the canceled NW-UCM game, before even touching on the other 4 games.

I believe (strong emphasis on believe as my thoughts on these sorts of subjects are still evolving) that I'm opposed to games without fans for situations where the players aren't living in controlled environment. If it isn't safe enough for fans to be there in some form, then it isn't safe enough for the players.
                  I agree with this.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X