Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCM DC

This is from El Dorado Kansas Twitter page.

Proud to announce that Wes Bell has been named the new Head Football Coach at El Dorado HS. Coach Bell brings years of collegiate experience to El Dorado. Excited to have you and get started Coach Bell

Re: UCM DC

Originally posted by Curious View Post

Proud to announce that Wes Bell has been named the new Head Football Coach at El Dorado HS. Coach Bell brings years of collegiate experience to El Dorado. Excited to have you and get started Coach Bell

Comment

Nothing but a positive for Central.

Comment

Poor Eldorado has been bad for a long time. Maybe he'll help them.

Comment

Unless the writing was on the wall this has to be a huge pay decrease. However I can see positives such as stress and family time also. Any information on why he left. Not necessarily bad for UCM.

Comment

Any chance Eldorado HS also needs a new basketball coach....we could make it a package deal.

Mules always ran a 4-3 defense before Wes Bell and then he comes in and installs a 3-4 defense. Now after 3 years of recruiting kids to play a 3-4, I'll bet the next DC runs a 4-3. There must be some difference in the type of player you recruit for a 3-4 vs 4-3. So, now we're probably loaded up with kids maybe more suited to the 3-4 defense. Whatever, I'm glad he's gone. Our defense sucked the whole time that Wes was the DC. I'll never forgive or forget his screw up at the end of the Arrowhead game vs Northwest. Wes even admitted on Mules radio that he blew the defensive coverage.

I think Wes is from that area of Kansas and HS will be less stress than college and no recruiting involved. Career wise it looks like a step down and for sure it will be less money. Hope the best for Wes.

Will the Mules promote someone or look outside the program? With Bolles back at qb next year the offense will fly, but we're going to need at least a B level defense to compete for a conference championship.

Comment

I would assume Boda brought him to UCM to run the 3-4.

Comment

I would assume Boda brought him to UCM to run the 3-4.

So basically you're just guessing and don't have any facts to support that assumption. I guess if the next DC runs a 3-4 then your assumption may have some basis for merit.

Comment

Yep, that pretty well sums it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
                    So basically you're just guessing and don't have any facts to support that assumption. I guess if the next DC runs a 3-4 then your assumption may have some basis for merit.

Comment

That may be true in some cases, but certainly not all. I don't believe that Chiefs (HC) Andy Reid hired (DC) Bob Sutton several years ago because Andy wanted to change from a 4-3 to a 3-4 defense. Andy's an offensive genius and I think Andy hired Bob because he respected Bob's ability as a DC to improve the defense. I doubt that Andy would have cared whether Bob ran a 3-4 or a 4-3 as long as the defense was good.

The defensive genius at Missouri Western was (HC) Jerry Partridge not Wes Bell. I think when Mules (HC) Boda hired Wes Bell he was hoping he might be getting some of Jerry's defensive genius. I doubt that Boda could have cared less whether Wes Bell ran a 4-3 or 3-4 as long as it made the defense better. It turned out that while Jerry Partridge could make the 3-4 work at Missouri Western, unfortunately, Wes Bell could not make it work at UCM. Jerry had the magic defensive touch not Wes Bell. Of course there are many other factors involved besides the alignment. I personally hope the next DC at UCM runs a 4-3.

Comment

Wes is indeed from that area in Kansas. His oldest is a freshman in high school so it is not unreasonable to want to spend more time with his family and coach his son.

As for the defense, if I were 'Boda, I would be making a call to Partridge and see if he wants to come back to this area. If he's interested, I wonder how much Jerry is willing to pony up to get him.

In the end, I wish Coach Bell and his family the best and hope he does well.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post
                          Wes is indeed from that area in Kansas. His oldest is a freshman in high school so it is not unreasonable to want to spend more time with his family and coach his son.

As for the defense, if I were 'Boda, I would be making a call to Partridge and see if he wants to come back to this area. If he's interested, I wonder how much Jerry is willing to pony up to get him.

In the end, I wish Coach Bell and his family the best and hope he does well.
                          Jerry Partridge is now coaching at FCS Northern Arizona as the defensive coordinator.

Comment

I would imagine JP is making more as a DC than the MIAA HC's are.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                              Jerry Partridge is now coaching at FCS Northern Arizona as the defensive coordinator.
                              Hadn't kept up on Partridge so didn't know he was at NAU. Just hope that the search get's going as it is important to have someone in place prior to spring ball.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X