Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I assume the home team parents will provide the post game snack.

Comment

Comment

Gold Coat Club is still taking applications. ;)

Comment

UCM allowing in 3,000 (25% of capacity)

Comment

Last edited by NWFanatic; 10-21-2020, 08:54 AM.

Comment

UCM tickets will be free and we're waiting for the distribution details. Naturally, everyone will be masking and maintaining social distancing. No tailgating allowed.

Maybe the Northwest officials will change their minds and include fans. Certainly 25% of capacity would seem reasonable with masking, distancing and no tailgating.

Comment

UMC, NWMSU & WU are scrimmaging while PSU, MWSU, UNK are playing real games. Why the disparity?

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                  UMC, NWMSU & WU are scrimmaging while PSU, MWSU, UNK are playing real games. Why the disparity?
                  My understanding is that it's an agreement between the coaches around how they will distribute playing time... Pitt, Western, and UNK are going to treat them as games while NW, WU, and UCM are going to get younger guys reps in the second half.

My assumption is the coaches of the latter group of teams feel that in a cancelled season this is a better use of field time for the long term.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                    Those three are trying to rebuild programs. Wright, Svoboda, and Schurig have all made the playoffs and won an MIAA championship. The three coaches are trying to get their teams to that level.

I looked at the teams that seemed the most motivated to play this fall. Wright (PSU), is one of four coaches who are in their first year at their school. Flohr (SDMT), Jackson (Mesa), and Breske (BHSU) are all in their first year. Williamson (MWSU), Lynn (UNK), Hughes (WT), and Girsch have been at their schools three years or fewer. Bains (WCU) and Long (CSC) are the only coaches who have been at their school for an extended length of time. Only Long has made the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Those three are trying to rebuild programs. Wright, Svoboda, and Schurig have all made the playoffs and won an MIAA championship. The three coaches are trying to get their teams to that level.

I looked at the teams that seemed the most motivated to play this fall. Wright (PSU), is one of four coaches who are in their first year at their school. Flohr (SDMT), Jackson (Mesa), and Breske (BHSU) are all in their first year. Williamson (MWSU), Lynn (UNK), Hughes (WT), and Girsch have been at their schools three years or fewer. Bains (WCU) and Long (CSC) are the only coaches who have been at their school for an extended length of time. Only Long has made the playoffs.
                      UCM and NW might fit that profile, but if WU isn't in rebuild mode they should be. The Bods are 34-34 over the last six seasons with a couple of bowl appearances in that time. That's OK, but comparable to where MW is (20-15 with two bowl wins under Willie), and pretty far behind what led to a coaching change at Pitt State.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

UCM and NW might fit that profile, but if WU isn't in rebuild mode they should be. The Bods are 34-34 over the last six seasons with a couple of bowl appearances in that time. That's OK, but comparable to where MW is (20-15 with two bowl wins under Willie), and pretty far behind what led to a coaching change at Pitt State.
                        I got you. I just think Washburn is what it is at this point. The others are trying to build a program and gain positive momentum. And we all know that Pitt is Pitt. Most programs would have loved to have had their records over the last 10 years. Beck got fired for it.

Comment

If you're only going to play a couple of games, I kind of like this format. The starters go for a half and then the 2's and 3's go at it and we get to see what kind of talent is in the pipeline.
                          Last edited by Donkeydamus; 10-22-2020, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

Washburn's ceiling is bowl invites until Schurig retires. He hasn't fielded a team that is a serious contender in the last like 8 years. It hurt a lot when coaches went to Hays, currently his staff is all former players or lifers and there isn't any urgency to be anything more than a just above .500 team.

Comment

Pitt needs their games to be actual games just so Wright and co. Can get a sense of where they are at.

Comment

I like the idea of getting young players some experience against Miaa level competition, too. It's a smart idea.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X