Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MoWest making the highlights getting Mossed on sports center this morning.

Comment

All those kids and coaches out, coaches filling in after one day notice, a global pandemic, game 1 against game 8..... the fact that they played at all was a victory.

Comment

MW got straight out-athleted more than anything.
        The players got valuable experience. (Can't imagine that being bad for a Freshman qb, and others )
        The next man up mentality got some nice reinforcement.
        Players and staff got a big dose of tough love to learn from.

Comment

Originally posted by southside View Post
          All those kids and coaches out, coaches filling in after one day notice, a global pandemic, game 1 against game 8..... the fact that they played at all was a victory.
          I hear you Southside. This is w/o a doubt the strangest year of my life, and I have been around for quite a while. It will be the first season since '94 that I have not seen a Northwest FB game live; but hopefully I will still be alive at season's end!

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post

I hear you Southside. This is w/o a doubt the strangest year of my life, and I have been around for quite a while. It will be the first season since '94 that I have not seen a Northwest FB game live; but hopefully I will still be alive at season's end!
            That says it all man. I'm rooting for you too. :)

Comment

Comment

I hope Pitt doesn't do a whiny excuse video like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                  I hope Pitt doesn't do a whiny excuse video like that.
                  If that happens, Wright should be fired.

Comment

Gee, can't imagine why their DC got COVID, as he stands there talking to his players on the video without his mask pulled up. If he's doing that while obviously being filmed, imagine what else he's not doing. SMH, that's just stupid. Should've just cancelled the game. They didn't gain anything from playing. Getting your butt kicked doesn't make you better.

Comment

lol tough crowd. I think when you're playing a game without three of your starting offensive linemen and most of your defensive coaching staff, scrounging coaches from other programs, it's noteworthy, not whiny. Your mileage may vary, obviously.

I would agree the coach should have had his mask up, although the message from experts is that masks protect others more than ourselves.

Playing a live game absolutely makes a team better, whether they got their butts kicked or not. It's ignorant to suggest otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
                        lol tough crowd. I think when you're playing a game without three of your starting offensive linemen and most of your defensive coaching staff, scrounging coaches from other programs, it's noteworthy, not whiny. Your mileage may vary, obviously.

I would agree the coach should have had his mask up, although the message from experts is that masks protect others more than ourselves.

Playing a live game absolutely makes a team better, whether they got their butts kicked or not. It's ignorant to suggest otherwise.

I didn't view it as whiney either, but everyone has a different perspective. I thought it was interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

Pitt had similar issues, but it would bother me to hear Wright putting excuses out there like that. Especially since it was his first post game presser. It probably has more to do with me being hypersensitive to excuses after Beck and company, and wanting to see Wright practicing the culture he's trying to instill.

Comment

usually losing players doesn't impact a team to the extent of winning/losing games unless it's qb1 or a uniquely impactful talent at another position.

playing your first game against a team playing its eighth & doing so w/ 1 ol w/ any measure of exp (among other things i'm sure....there was a gap in the video where i stopped paying attn) isn't excuse mongering. those are extraordinary circumstances. not to mention the other guy in this instance having 27 more schollies to begin w/.

props to mowest for playing that game.
                            Go Bearcats!
                            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X