Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scholarship money next year?

I believe they got extra scholarships for one year, wether the programs can fund them or choose to is a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
      I believe they got extra scholarships for one year, wether the programs can fund them or choose to is a different story.
      Gonna be interesting, that could change the course of the conference. If you think you are a contender, do you think this is how you close the gap on NW,Hays,UCM. If you are middle of the pack do you load up on some juco kids to win the conference next year? Does NW completely go back to a differnet level like they were before Wright took over. More scholarships, and developing kids.

Comment

Great questions Hook.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
          NCAA scholarship limits
          Learn more about the NCAA decision to grant an extra year of eligibility relief to Division 1, 2 and 3 athletes due to COVID-19.

Comment

Originally posted by twolfbenchwarmer View Post

Comment

Maybe DII will just allocate their equivalencies more for one year? Are they able to change a scholarship agreement after signing?

Comment

I was under the impression that Division II had adopted the D1 provisions.

Comment

From what I was told D-2 is not under the same D-1 umbrella for this. They have their max 36 and that's it. Going to be tough for these kids to get money this year.

Comment

Northwest has been selling helmets and jerseys to bring in $$$$. 'Hard times come again no more.' Ag Dept might have to sell off their cow herd. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
                      Northwest has been selling helmets and jerseys to bring in $$$$. 'Hard times come again no more.' Ag Dept might have to sell off their cow herd. ;)

Sounds like a fire sale, but we'll know for sure if they sell off the birds from the turkey breeding operation. Is that a real thing or is that something the Pitt fans fabricated a few years ago?

Comment

Just kidding about the turkey thing. There's nothing funny about the things athletic departments might need to do to generate some income. I think NW selling off some old jerseys and helmets is a good idea and I would imagine that Bearcat fans will step up and support the program and gobble up that stuff (pun intended). I wonder what measures (if any) other MIAA teams are taking to generate some revenue?

Comment

Not MIAA, not football... but a co-worker has a daughter who has been heavily recruited for her sport by several schools. She is a senior. The coach where she wants to go called her a couple months ago and basically said: Look, I want you to come here. But I need to be clear that I am not sure what next year looks like. Right now, depending on what is decided by our institution, I must honor the commitments to the seniors first. I promise to keep you in the loop, but I am not sure what this looks like yet.

Daughter was pretty upset in general, but she did appreciate both the honesty and the commitment to current players. But still... tough situation all around. This is not a close co-worker, so no idea what has come up since then.

Comment

Donated my ticket money to athletic scholarship fund.
                            Luck is where Preparation meets Opportunity

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X