Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSSU Coaching Candidates

Anyone have thoughts on who the next HC will be at Southern?

Not saying he'd be interested, but if they don't at least reach out to Beck, they're doing something wrong.

He got the boot at Pitt for averaging around 7 wins. If he could average 7 wins in Joplin they'd build him a statue.

Comment

Beck would be a great fit. I for one would like to see him back in the conference.

Comment

^^^^if opting for a retread call partridge
        Go Bearcats!
        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Would Beck be interested in the job? Can anyone really see him wearing Green and Gold at Southern?

Where is Partridge now?

Makes me wonder if Southern tries to get an established coach like Beck/Partridge or get someone younger.

Comment

I know what they don't need to do. That is hire another JC coach. That didn't work with Sims, isn't working for Northeastern, and seems to have run it's course at UCO.

Comment

Why not poach Jeb Stugart from Lindenwood? He get them to winning a playoff game and seems to recruit local talent well. I think he did fairly well at Sioux Falls prior to that. Could be worth a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Uindy18 View Post
                Why not poach Jeb Stugart from Lindenwood? He get them to winning a playoff game and seems to recruit local talent well. I think he did fairly well at Sioux Falls prior to that. Could be worth a look.
                I'm guessing LWood pays at least 1.15x what MoSo would shell out. And probably has an assistant coach budget that is 1.25x as much.

Comment

Originally posted by Uindy18 View Post
                  There is almost no chance that Stugart would leave Lindenwood for Southern.

Comment

Originally posted by MOSO27 View Post
                    Where is Partridge now?
                    DC at Northern Arizona.

Comment

John Roderique, Webb City High School. No chance, but you might consider the phone call if you're MSSU. MSSU in damage control after the disaster hire of Sims. Lucas Lueders would be another but he's the new OC at UCM. Again, not likely, but he's young and if he took OC job at UCM after being OC at Morningside, it would be worth the call to see if any interest. All they can do is say no.
                      Last edited by CatFan88; 12-08-2020, 05:51 PM.
                      Go Hounds!
                      B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                      Cyclone Power
                      ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Full disclaimer I have absolutely no knowledge on any of this. Just throwing out interesting names with everyone else.

Former Lindenwood HC Patrick Ross isn't coaching currently. His youngest son just graduated HS, and will be moving on to play college ball somewhere. Since leaving LU, coach Ross focused his efforts helping coach his son at a HS in Florida and running a field turf business. Now that he's graduated, he might be looking to get back into the college scene.

He's a good coach that knows how to recruit and surround himself with quality assistants. Things snowballed for him getting dropped into the MIAA right in the middle of an administration change at LU. I'm confident he could get MoSo to a respectable level at the very least.
                        Cool Story Bro

Comment

That's a good idea.

Comment

They just need to drop football. They're no good at it anyway.......

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
                              Full disclaimer I have absolutely no knowledge on any of this. Just throwing out interesting names with everyone else.

Former Lindenwood HC Patrick Ross isn't coaching currently. His youngest son just graduated HS, and will be moving on to play college ball somewhere. Since leaving LU, coach Ross focused his efforts helping coach his son at a HS in Florida and running a field turf business. Now that he's graduated, he might be looking to get back into the college scene.

He's a good coach that knows how to recruit and surround himself with quality assistants. Things snowballed for him getting dropped into the MIAA right in the middle of an administration change at LU. I'm confident he could get MoSo to a respectable level at the very least.
                              I think Ross would face more headwinds at MoSo than he did during the Lindenwood double transition (level of football and school administration being the two transitions), but the external expectations would also be much lower. Lindenwood was a NAIA title contender and wanted to at least be competitive at the D2 level. MoSo just wants to avoid embarrassment. I think he'd be a good candidate there, if interested.

I'm not really sure what route I think MoSo should go with this hire. If they could get Partridge or, God forbid, Beck, I think those would be slam dunks. But I think they really just ought to hire someone who isn't an experiment (Sims) and doesn't seem in over his head from the get go (Denver Johnson).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X