Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmallCollege View Post
    MSSU fans are worried about who the coach is going to be. Until they address the Athletic Department's leadership whomever they hire would and will be irrelevant
    I honestly have no idea as to the answer to this question, because living out of the area now, the only two MoSo sports that I remotely keep up with are football and men's basketball, but based on those two alone, it doesn't seem to be an athletic department issue, just a football program issue. Are other programs a mess reflecting more systemic department problems and men's basketball is just immune to it due to internal stability?

Comment

Originally posted by SmallCollege View Post
      MSSU fans are worried about who the coach is going to be. Until they address the Athletic Department's leadership whomever they hire would and will be irrelevant
      one post in five months and this is it
      transparent altruism in the air
      tis the season
      Go Bearcats!
      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

I honestly have no idea as to the answer to this question, because living out of the area now, the only two MoSo sports that I remotely keep up with are football and men's basketball, but based on those two alone, it doesn't seem to be an athletic department issue, just a football program issue. Are other programs a mess reflecting more systemic department problems and men's basketball is just immune to it due to internal stability?
        https://s3.amazonaws.com/nacda.com/d...3/Dec24DII.pdf
        Go Bearcats!
        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
          Isn't that link only fall sports for 2019-20? The full year for the prior season would have them doing pretty well. 5th in the conference, I believe (ahead of both NW and Pitt State): https://nacda.com/documents/2019/6/1...ll.pdf?id=3665

I'm not sure this is what I would consider to be a great measure, though.

Comment

Go Bearcats!
            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Daye made 95k at MSSU Beck made 130k at Pitt. The DC at NAU before Partridge made 86k. The head coach at that time made 185k. The new HC at NAU makes 230k a year plus bonuses that can add another 90. That HC left a 390k DC job at Memphis to become NAU head coach. So at minimum Partridge is at 86k, max probably 110k.

Why would either of these guys come back for the "challenge" of the MSSU job? If it was just the on field challenge then while still highly doubtful there might be a slim chance, but as multiple people have alluded to on here the challenge at MSSU goes beyond the gridiron.

Mssu has placed itself in football coach purgatory where they can probably only attract a plateaud lifer coordinator such as Bradley, a rising but lower level young coach such as Lueders or someone with baggage like Sims.

They only have themselves to blame.

Comment

I am fairly sure that Sims was making north of $120,000. I do remember that when the list came out years ago with the coaches within the MIAA and their salaries that Southern was one of the lowest. Believe that it was bumped up when Sims was hired.

Southern does fairly well in several sports (XC, Men's Basketball, Men's and Women's Track, Baseball) and I believe that Volleyball did somewhat well this past year. So I am not sure that the entire department is in a bad place, but football does have its own fair share of issues.

Not sure what the difference will be when a new HC comes in, but I do think there is a somewhat salvageable situation there.

Comment

Originally posted by MOSO27 View Post
                  I am fairly sure that Sims was making north of $120,000. I do remember that when the list came out years ago with the coaches within the MIAA and their salaries that Southern was one of the lowest. Believe that it was bumped up when Sims was hired.

Southern does fairly well in several sports (XC, Men's Basketball, Men's and Women's Track, Baseball) and I believe that Volleyball did somewhat well this past year. So I am not sure that the entire department is in a bad place, but football does have its own fair share of issues.

Not sure what the difference will be when a new HC comes in, but I do think there is a somewhat salvageable situation there.
                  I appreciate your optimism and sincerely hope I am wrong about who MSSU can attract.

Comment

Comment

I think they need an one of the following up and comer who is trying to build a coaching reputation and has energy and wants to make mssu something, and alum from the 90's who wants to rebuild, or a coach with a chip who felt he was wronged and has all kinds of connections.

Moso has something's going for it but it also has one big problem. Pitt. Pitt is always the problem. All the other problems universitysupport, academic issues, facilities are not as important as pitt problem.

I would go with a trendy big school missouri or ok hs coach

Comment

Go Bearcats!
                        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

The proximity to joplin and the cultural dominance in the community are a major problem for mssu. If you are not the most important d2 in your own town is not a good environment. I mean they even do same day re-broadcast of pittcootball on joplin cable.

You put that and the institutional issues and lack ofdirection that mssu has and you get a bad set up

Comment

Southern publicly posted the job this morning. Will be an interesting few months to see what names start to roll in as far as who is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

The crap always starts flowing downhill when you jump in. I think you're on to something, any name suggestions for the combined programs?
                              Once you get that figured out, the next big consideration has got to be, what do you get when you combine a gorilla with a lion? Boggles the mind. But doesn't sound good for Gus.

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post

Once you get that figured out, the next big consideration has got to be, what do you get when you combine a gorilla with a lion? Boggles the mind. But doesn't sound good for Gus.
                                Says the bear that sexually assaulted a house cat.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X