Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon
    replied
    Jerry might consider it because he seems to be a person that doesn't mind a challenge. He has a good job in a good FCS conference in a nice place to live.

I don't have a gut feeling about what Beck would do.

Flohr is much closer to his family at SDMT and he is a much better fit for that area than he is for Joplin.

I think Ryan might consider the Southern situation a step down from his current job, even though D2 is obviously better than the NAIA.

Where is Salem now?

No gut feeling about Stitt.

Leave a comment:

• GreenwoodBearcat
    replied
    Originally posted by PSR View Post
    They just need to drop football. They're no good at it anyway.......
    Maybe just combine two craphole programs such as Pitt and MOSO to make one big craphole football program. Neither one is very good.

Leave a comment:

• Gridiron Bobby
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

The reason Lueders was mentioned was that a lot of Northwest guys wanted him hired at NW when a change was made at OC there. We all end up talking about what we know.

Who has relatable experience that will take that job? Do you have any names you think should be candidates?

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    The reason Lueders was mentioned was that a lot of Northwest guys wanted him hired at NW when a change was made at OC there. We all end up talking about what we know.

Who has relatable experience that will take that job? Do you have any names you think should be candidates?

Leave a comment:

• Gridiron Bobby
    replied

He graduated from Sterling in 2008. If he were 22 at the time of graduation, he would be 34 now.

MSSU is not a good situation right now. The program at Southern is only "MIAA" in so much as they are a part of the football conference. They have gone in all sorts of directions and failed. Have they ever given the job to a young up and comer? Looking back, the answer is no.

These are the coaches that have been there since I have been following D2.

Lantz 51-35-1 (.592)
    Gregory 8-13 (.381)
    Cooke 15-33 (.313)
    Ware 7-9 (.438)
    Tatum 25-39 (.399)
    Daye 17-15 (.531)
    Johnson 3-36 (.083)
    Sims 2-9 (.222)

Maybe there is no answer at Southern, but I don't think they're going to find the right fit that meets the qualifications that you'd like.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    He graduated from Sterling in 2008. If he were 22 at the time of graduation, he would be 34 now.

MSSU is not a good situation right now. The program at Southern is only "MIAA" in so much as they are a part of the football conference. They have gone in all sorts of directions and failed. Have they ever given the job to a young up and comer? Looking back, the answer is no.

These are the coaches that have been there since I have been following D2.

Lantz 51-35-1 (.592)
    Gregory 8-13 (.381)
    Cooke 15-33 (.313)
    Ware 7-9 (.438)
    Tatum 25-39 (.399)
    Daye 17-15 (.531)
    Johnson 3-36 (.083)
    Sims 2-9 (.222)

Maybe there is no answer at Southern, but I don't think they're going to find the right fit that meets the qualifications that you'd like.

Leave a comment:

• Gridiron Bobby
    replied
    Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

Ask and ye shall receive (per Wallst)...

FBS
    Although he was a head coach I think Lance Leipold probably fits this criteria. He jumped from HC at a D3 school up to HC in the MAC
    Kalen DeBoer went from being an assistant coach in high school to the OC of Sioux Falls then the HC at Sioux Falls

FCS
    Ed McCaffrey went from HS HC coach to head coach of Northern Colorado
    Rod Milstead HS to Delaware State
    Chris Merritt HS to Bryant
    Bryan Collins went straight to HC at LIU/ CW Post...never a coach in any other capacity anywhere in any position
    Vic Shealy OC at Kansas now HC at Houston Baptist....just seeing if anyone is paying attention
    Deion Sanders OC at trinity hs now HC Jackson State

D2
    Kermit Blount now at Johnson C Smith went straight to HC at WSSU

D2 coaches don't have easy wiki links and I'm not going to go through every one of them. Judging from the above, I would bet there are multiple D3 coordinatiors or HS HC who went straight to HC at the D2 level.

Thanks Wallst

Leave a comment:

• CatFan88
    replied
    Does it really matter what level he is at now or his experience? D2 at the level MSSU is now isn't a leap above good NAIA like Morningside or D3. Lueders will be a collegiate HC somewhere, someday. And I'm betting it will be sooner than later. Sheesh, look at what Matt Campbell has done at Iowa St. in 5 years. He's never coached a down in the NFL but he's getting looks.

Leave a comment:

• CatFan88
    replied
    Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive (per Wallst)...

FBS
    Although he was a head coach I think Lance Leipold probably fits this criteria. He jumped from HC at a D3 school up to HC in the MAC
    Kalen DeBoer went from being an assistant coach in high school to the OC of Sioux Falls then the HC at Sioux Falls

FCS
    Bryan Collins went straight to HC at LIU/ CW Post...never a coach in any other capacity anywhere in any position
    Vic Shealy OC at Kansas now HC at Houston Baptist....just seeing if anyone is paying attention

D2

D2 coaches don't have easy wiki links and I'm not going to go through every one of them. Judging from the above, I would bet there are multiple D3 coordinatiors or HS HC who went straight to HC at the D2 level.

Thanks Wallst
    Last edited by CatFan88; 12-13-2020, 03:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wallst
    replied
    FBS

FCS

D2

Leave a comment:

• Gridiron Bobby
    replied

I don't think that matters much. Mel Tjeerdsma had only coached in the NAIA when he arrived at Northwest.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by TheTrain View Post
    John McMenamin at Wayne State
    I think he will have a greater chance for success at Wayne State.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    I don't think that matters much. Mel Tjeerdsma had only coached in the NAIA when he arrived at Northwest.

Leave a comment:

• TheTrain
    replied
    John McMenamin at Wayne State

Leave a comment:

• Gridiron Bobby
    replied
    Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
    John Roderique, Webb City High School. No chance, but you might consider the phone call if you're MSSU. MSSU in damage control after the disaster hire of Sims. Lucas Lueders would be another but he's the new OC at UCM. Again, not likely, but he's young and if he took OC job at UCM after being OC at Morningside, it would be worth the call to see if any interest. All they can do is say no.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X