Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NW Ast Coach RB's/WR Candidates

Who would be a strong candidate to fill this position at NW under HC Richard Wright?
    Last edited by ZubCat81; 01-16-2021, 10:49 PM.

A GA probably takes Part of it. Honestly RB is a GA friendly position or TE coach moves to WR full time and GA bounces between blocking with a full time OL coach and a full time pass concept coach. Unless NW has the budget for a full time coach at every position?

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
      A GA probably takes Part of it. Honestly RB is a GA friendly position or TE coach moves to WR full time and GA bounces between blocking with a full time OL coach and a full time pass concept coach. Unless NW has the budget for a full time coach at every position?
      They have have had six full-time coaches in the past. They are at five now. Without knowing anything, my guess is that they hire from the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

They have have had six full-time coaches in the past. They are at five now. Without knowing anything, my guess is that they hire from the outside.
        I realize now I didn't communicate my initial post the way I had intended, Brandon. Bearcat Nation has for such a long time now talked about "family" that seemed to also lean toward "hiring from within". With Asst Coach Joel Osborn departing his role as overseeing RB's and WR's inside HC Rich Wright's Bearcat football program, I was leaning my interest in 'WHO' is out there with ties to Bearcat football who could bring their experience (present coach) and ties, success and energy to the program ... and then bring with them the tools to make an impact with Bearcat football.

You know, here is the thing ... I have for far too long had a dream to see former QB Chris Greisen (1995-98) return to NW. I know I'm not the only one. It's a "duh" thought. I have heard others talk about Will Wagner and Bart Tatum, previous ast coaches who moved on as head coaches from Coach Mel Tjeerdsma's football programs. I'm curious about who else is out there who could jump in here and be successful under HC Rich Wright. Bearcat guys. There are guys are out there. I do kinda get HookemHerd;s comment that in his thinking this is might only a GA position to be filled, and even tho I don't agree with that assessment, as virtually most all of us in Bearcat Nation wouldn't accept, I also think there is a strong possibility for 'that' someone who stepped away from Bearcat football after their life here at NW, possibly moving on into the business world as so many grads do, but also the same guy who had this burning desire and dream to return to his former team as a Bearcat coach, and being that same guy who was always realized and remembered as a huge motivator on the field AND who had always been recognized as a dedicated intelligent and studied football mind who players just drew themselves toward with every practice and every game day. I'll say it again, those guys are out there.

Coach Wright will find the right guy.
        Last edited by ZubCat81; 01-20-2021, 03:35 AM.

Comment

It would be awesome for Chris to be back

Comment

Has Griesen coached at all? I always think it's so shortsighted when people bring up a former player automatically being a great coaching candidate, it's not even close to being the same thing as playing. Especially when it's decades after he played. Now, if he's been coaching, and learning how to teach and develop players, and having to make decisions that impact a team, that's different.

Comment

Go Bearcats!
              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post
                Has Griesen coached at all? I always think it's so shortsighted when people bring up a former player automatically being a great coaching candidate, it's not even close to being the same thing as playing. Especially when it's decades after he played. Now, if he's been coaching, and learning how to teach and develop players, and having to make decisions that impact a team, that's different.
                He has. He also gets paid to coach quarterbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post
                  I always find that odd myself too. As a Mizzou fan, it's amazing how many times I've heard rumblings about Chase Daniel being the offensive coordinator when there have been openings. What?!? He's getting millions of dollars as is to watch football games, and he has no coaching experience, but he would be the perfect guy to coach Mizzou's offense. Okay, whatever... sounds more likely that he'll forever tarnish his Mizzou legacy, but what do I know? They're probably right. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Administrator View Post

He has. He also gets paid to coach quarterbacks.
                    Last edited by Gridiron Bobby; 01-20-2021, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post

I realize now I didn't communicate my initial post the way I had intended, Brandon. Bearcat Nation has for such a long time now talked about "family" that seemed to also lean toward "hiring from within". With Asst Coach Joel Osborn departing his role as overseeing RB's and WR's inside HC Rich Wright's Bearcat football program, I was leaning my interest in 'WHO' is out there with ties to Bearcat football who could bring their experience (present coach) and ties, success and energy to the program ... and then bring with them the tools to make an impact with Bearcat football.

You know, here is the thing ... I have for far too long had a dream to see former QB Chris Greisen (1995-98) return to NW. I know I'm not the only one. It's a "duh" thought. I have heard others talk about Will Wagner and Bart Tatum, previous ast coaches who moved on as head coaches from Coach Mel Tjeerdsma's football programs. I'm curious about who else is out there who could jump in here and be successful under HC Rich Wright. Bearcat guys. There are guys are out there. I do kinda get HookemHerd;s comment that in his thinking this is might only a GA position to be filled, and even tho I don't agree with that assessment, as virtually most all of us in Bearcat Nation wouldn't accept, I also think there is a strong possibility for 'that' someone who stepped away from Bearcat football after their life here at NW, possibly moving on into the business world as so many grads do, but also the same guy who had this burning desire and dream to return to his former team as a Bearcat coach, and being that same guy who was always realized and remembered as a huge motivator on the field AND who had always been recognized as a dedicated intelligent and studied football mind who players just drew themselves toward with every practice and every game day. I'll say it again, those guys are out there.

Coach Wright will find the right guy.
                      Be careful with your love of inbreeding. It finally caught up to Pitt. I think going outside the Bearcats family shrub to get your OC was a very wise move. Finding a young hard charger from a lower division to be a RB coach at a storied program like NW I would think be appealing to both parties involved.

Comment

He has been on OC and a head coach.

It still doesn't mean he would even be a candidate for the position. It's typically just a NW fan dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

He has been on OC and a head coach.

It still doesn't mean he would even be a candidate for the position. It's typically just a NW fan dream.
                          Well, touche'. At least he has coached, that would at least make sense.

Comment

https://bearcatsports.com/news/2021/...ing-staff.aspx
                            Go Bearcats!
                            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
                              hope it works. In my humble non expert opinion you are about 4 years from an inbreeding disaster like Pitt had.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X