Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

haha he called you a "little" twerp 'chos...if he knew

im not going to do all the work for YOU...you need to know so you do the work and prove us wrong. just as an example though....just since I've been here

2015 we went to a bowl game and beat SWOSU

first 4 games
    L to ft hays (spelled it incorrectly on purpose) the FT ended up as a bowl team
    L to mo west MW was a 6-5 team not exactly bottom of the barrel
    L to emporia who was a ranked and went 3 rounds deep in the playoffs
    L to NWMS who ended up winning it all.....

started 0-4 and we were getting hammered for it when the schedule was brought up. it was one of my first experiences here on this forum....
    *crickets loudly chirping*

Comment

*crickets loudly chirping*
      Yeah. That's all I'm saying about UCM. I think they'll finish better than bottom of the barrel.

Not sure why you keep talking about bowl games, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Not sure why you keep talking about bowl games, though.
        because that automatically means their one of the top teams in the nation outside of playoffs no?

lets recap
        the argument was UCMs schedule was tough this year because they have very good teams to play. 'chos said we (UCO) was never given that pass. DUMBass said prove it. here we are.

Will pitt, washburn, NWMS and UNK all go to the playoffs or do you think at least one of them will go to a bowl game and one of them not go to any post season?

in 2015, UCO played 2 playoff teams a bowl team and a 6-5 team that was most certainly in the running for a bowl game. they finished 1st - 3rd and 7th because of a 3 way tie via a loss at washburn

if the season continues like it is, this UCM team has likely played 2 playoff teams, a bowl team and a team not invited to any post season in the first 4 games.....just like UCOS 2015 team that was hammered for being a terrible team.
        Last edited by jimbo slice; 09-26-2022, 09:11 PM.

Comment

because that automatically means their one of the top teams in the nation outside of playoffs no?

lets recap
          the argument was UCMs schedule was tough this year because they have very good teams to play. 'chos said we (UCO) was never given that pass. DUMBass said prove it. here we are.

Will pitt, washburn, NWMS and UNK all go to the playoffs or do you think at least one of them will go to a bowl game and one of them not go to any post season?

in 2015, UCO played 2 playoff teams a bowl team and a 6-5 team that was most certainly in the running for a bowl game.

if the season continues like it is, this UCM team has likely played 2 playoff teams, a bowl team and a team not invited to any post season in the first 4 games.....just like UCOS 2015 team that was hammered for being a terrible team.
          To me it means the team was anywhere from mediocre to a coin toss for the playoffs. I think they're worth mentioning if it's a new coach's first few seasons, avyoung team, etc... They are a nice stepping stone.

I mean, there are playoff teams every year that wouldn't win more than a few games in a decent conference, so the whole thing is a little muddy.

Comment

To me it means the team was anywhere from mediocre to a coin toss for the playoffs. I think they're worth mentioning if it's a new coach's first few seasons, avyoung team, etc... They are a nice stepping stone.

I mean, there are playoff teams every year that wouldn't win more than a few games in a decent conference, so the whole thing is a little muddy.
            that wasn't the discussion.
            regardless of whether or not they would win a few conference games or even playoff game, the discussion was UCM has a tough schedule and should be given a break because of it. again, dumbass asked us to prove UCO never been in the same predicament in the last ten years. I picked one season. here we are.

if he needs more evidence hell have to look himself. i don't care enough.

Comment

and the bowl discussion is kind of insulting to be honest. i understand its probably going to be a regional thing but its not like they are picking a loser to play in those games. in most cases, they still have to be one of the top 2 or 3 in the conference unless you're in the MIAA which in years past has kind of gotten passes.

Comment

and the bowl discussion is kind of insulting to be honest. i understand its probably going to be a regional thing but its not like they are picking a loser to play in those games. in most cases, they still have to be one of the top 2 or 3 in the conference unless you're in the MIAA which in years past has kind of gotten passes.

There are a lot of positives to bowl games, but I don't translate them to mean anything beyond a mark of improvement. They do provide some OOC results to help gage where the MIAA is at compared to the others who are eligible.

At least the years Pitt went, they just weren't good enough to have done anything in the playoffs beyond a first round win against a soft conference if they were lucky enough to get matched that way, while some GLIAC and GSC teams who were playoff caliber sat at home because they don't have any bowls associated with their conferences. I wouldn't say those Pitt teams were among the best in the country.

Then you can add in the fact that teams can decline bowls. ie:last season when the MIAA and GAC runner ups both declined bowls. There is also the fan factor where a good amount of road fans can get you invited over what might be a better team, and I just don't see them as a great measuring stick for where your program is at.

Just my opinion, though, and like I said, there are a ton of positives to getting a bowl invitation. Extra practice, playing young guys, an extra game to reward seniors, and they can be a stepping stone to bigger and better things especially for a young team.

Comment

Bowl games are jokes and are fodder for the fans and get the players and extra few weeks of practice, that are probably meaningless over the off-season. Several teams in this conference alone have expectations of playoffs or nothing. Think Harding or Ferris would accept a bowl invite in a down year?

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                    Bowl games are jokes and are fodder for the fans and get the players and extra few weeks of practice, that are probably meaningless over the off-season. Several teams in this conference alone have expectations of playoffs or nothing. Think Harding or Ferris would accept a bowl invite in a down year?
                    in the grand scheme of things, it helps the team and that's what it is all about. that's why the games are played and all that practice time is spent for damn near 365 days a year.

i know pitt just turned one down as well as hayes maybe? that's on you guys. have no idea how you could punish a team that deserves to play another week that no one else but the playoff teams are in.
                    you think its a huge advantage for none of the teams in the country are allowed to start august 1 ( lets just say.) but, 8 teams get to start practice july 10th. is that an advantage? you bet. i don't see a difference. not a good thing? bah. sit the seniors don't let them come if they don't want. let them stand on the sidelines and cheer the freshman like the freshman did for them all year.

sidetracked though. this is about UCM getting a pass because they've been beaten by 4 "good teams"

Comment

in the grand scheme of things, it helps the team and that's what it is all about. that's why the games are played and all that practice time is spent for damn near 365 days a year.

i know pitt just turned one down as well as hayes maybe? that's on you guys. have no idea how you could punish a team that deserves to play another week that no one else but the playoff teams are in.
                      you think its a huge advantage for none of the teams in the country are allowed to start august 1 ( lets just say.) but, 8 teams get to start practice july 10th. is that an advantage? you bet. i don't see a difference. not a good thing? bah. sit the seniors don't let them come if they don't want. let them stand on the sidelines and cheer the freshman like the freshman did for them all year.

sidetracked though. this is about UCM getting a pass because they've been beaten by 4 "good teams"
                      Pitt left it up to the players. The vote was pretty much unanimous from what I heard. Nobody was punished or deprived.

It was about the team taking responsibility for their losses, and not accepting a reward for almost reaching their goal.

I agree that bowl games are a good thing all around, though.

Comment

Also. I'm not giving UCM a pass. I'm just saying they will bump some teams off along the way, and aren't as bad as I thought they would be.

Don't get me wrong, I hope they lose to Everyone. It helps keep the mule down.

Comment

That was exhausting. Sorry that UNK had their thread hijacked by a couple of equines and apes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
                            That was exhausting. Sorry that UNK had their thread hijacked by a couple of equines and apes.
                            if your red clad brethren were a little better at reading comprehension, you wouldn't be so tired.

Comment

that wasn't the discussion.
                              regardless of whether or not they would win a few conference games or even playoff game, the discussion was UCM has a tough schedule and should be given a break because of it. again, dumbass asked us to prove UCO never been in the same predicament in the last ten years. I picked one season. here we are.

if he needs more evidence hell have to look himself. i don't care enough.
                              You were asked to name a time when you were 0-4 with all 4 losses being to teams ranked after 4 weeks. You didn't do that so I guess it's not just "red clad" brethren with reading comprehension issues.

Your schedule was tough but Western & Hays weren't ranked. None of this really matters because schedule is only a small part of why CentralMO is 0-4 and that small part is that they didn't play Lincoln or Northeastern in the first 4 weeks. Heck, I'm not even sure they will beat Northeastern. They are 0-4 because they aren't very good. And that's the difference between this season and 2015. It was a Pitt fan that commented on the schedule. If Mule fans were on here blaming the schedule for the 0-4 start, they would be catching the same grief you did in 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post

You were asked to name a time when you were 0-4 with all 4 losses being to teams ranked after 4 weeks. You didn't do that, so I guess it's not just "red clad" brethren with reading comprehension issues.
                                meh...not exactly what he said asked.

***During those 10 years, what year did you play the top 4 teams (all ranked) to start the season?***

pitt state was not ranked this year (see "start of the season") nor was MW in 2015 vs UCO 4 games in.....sounds like a pretty damn even comparison to me.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X