Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleepers and Dreamers

For 2019 of the teams that didn't make the playoffs, so that excludes the Bearcats and FHSU, which MIAA teams can contend for a playoff spot?
    Go Bronchos!

Re: Sleepers and Dreamers

If and only if, the Gorillas can figure out how many punters are needed on the field at the same time, they will make a deep regular season run at finishing with a winning record.
    Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
      For 2019 of the teams that didn't make the playoffs, so that excludes the Bearcats and FHSU, which MIAA teams can contend for a playoff spot?
      i know what ive been looking for out of edmond

more of an emphasis on running the rock between the tackles smash mouth, old school moving the ball? i think we have definately pushed for that this year. 4 of the 5 starters on the oline are back and healthy for the most part. 2 players that started in place of the injured lineman are back. all of the hbacks are back and the smallest of the 4 is 245 with one topping the scales at 275. all three qbs are back. the new gang of rbs we have....youre gonna be impressed...one is unbelievably fast and the other cant be knocked down....hes smaller but his balance is unstoppable. all 3 of the new rbs are always leaning into the hit and i rarely saw them getting knocked backwards.

my source says even with the losses we had last year in defense, this is the best front 7 weve had for several years. we have the dline returnjng in tact for the most part and have added at least one 320 lb juco transfer that looks like a double team 90% of the time. many many new faces at the saftey and corner posistions.

staff has basically said youre gonna do what you were brought here to do or youre gonna pack up.

i say were there, we just need to play with anger and heart and love for each other

Comment

Originally posted by cbgorilla View Post
        If and only if, the Gorillas can figure out how many punters are needed on the field at the same time, they will make a deep regular season run at finishing with a winning record.
        Pay attention..... I already covered this in a different thread. Pitt will need 5 kickers on the field at the same time to run their (all punters on deck) Fire Drill Offense.
        (1) Boomer
        (2) Poocher
        (3) Quick Kicker
        (4) Rugby Style Guy
        (5) Drop Kicker (for scoring opportunities)

Comment

Are they going to have a special forces twister mat on the sidelines so they can remember who goes where?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
            Are they going to have a special forces twister mat on the sidelines so they can remember who goes where?
            Yes, Willie Fritz shipped the special forces mat to Pitt State. It doesn't come with instructions for your (all punters on deck) Fire Drill Offense, so the Giant Monkeys will have to figure it out for themselves......good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
              With qb Brook Bolles back from injury and a new defensive coordinator, I would put UCM in the sleeper category.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
                Yes, Willie Fritz shipped the special forces mat to Pitt State. It doesn't come with instructions for your (all punters on deck) Fire Drill Offense, so the Giant Monkeys will have to figure it out for themselves......good luck.
                They will probably sell each square for advertising, or use it for some kind of halftime pig wrestling promo.

Comment

All jokes aside, I have high hopes for Pitt this season. I think the D will be very good. O-line and QB are the biggest questions. If they can actually score instead of just trying to play keep away, they should be better than they have been lately.

Comment

They will probably sell each square for advertising, or use it for some kind of halftime pig wrestling promo.
                    Wow, "halftime pig wrestling". I had no idea that Pitt State University had a women's wrestling team. It's probably just their all-star sorority wrestling team.
                    Last edited by Donkeydamus; 05-09-2019, 06:49 AM.

Comment

All jokes aside, I have high hopes for Pitt this season. I think the D will be very good. O-line and QB are the biggest questions. If they can actually score instead of just trying to play keep away, they should be better than they have been lately.
                      Agreed...but with the ineptitude of the Pitt OL Coach and the lack of a center that can snap a football correctly, the Pitt offense will be easy to stop. Then we get the greatest circus trick on this planet when 3-5 punters run out on the field, not having a clue who will punt the ball.
                      Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post
                        Wow, "halftime pig wrestling". I had no idea that Pitt State University had a women's wrestling team. It's probably just their all-star sorority wrestling team.
                        LMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by cbgorilla View Post
                          Agreed...but with the ineptitude of the Pitt OL Coach and the lack of a center that can snap a football correctly, the Pitt offense will be easy to stop. Then we get the greatest circus trick on this planet when 3-5 punters run out on the field, not having a clue who will punt the ball.
                          Hard to punt the ball when your center cannot get it back there. I would love to see your 3-5 punters under center though...

Comment

One under center who can bootleg punt or pitch to one of the 3 other punters who can each pitch to the deep punter. That is until the hook and ladder punt if perfected. Then it's game over.

Comment

Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post
                              One under center who can bootleg punt or pitch to one of the 3 other punters who can each pitch to the deep punter. That is until the hook and ladder punt if perfected. Then it's game over.
                              The hook and ladder punt... pure genius. I would drive from KC to Pitt to see that, but probably not stay for the halftime pig wrestling.
                              Last edited by Shanghai Mule; 05-11-2019, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X