Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln HC / DC Leaving

1. Breaking: Lincoln University head football coach Steven Smith has resigned after 2 seasons at LU. Smith tells me that he has an opportunity to move back to coaching professional football. Blue Tigers OC Malik Hoskins will serve as interim head coach. (tweet)

2. Phil Pitts will return to Helias High School as Defensive Coordinator for Chris Hentges and the Crusaders. Pitts is stepping down as DC at Lincoln University, a post he held the past two seasons. (tweet)

Abandon ship!

Re: Lincoln HC / DC Leaving

Welcome back to MIAA football Lincoln, where MSSU will finally crawl out of the cellar.

Comment

I like the enthusiasm. I also feel bad for Lincoln.

Comment

Dear Mr. MIAA...please revoke Lincoln's admission to MIAA and send them back to playing Pee Wee Football somewhere else.

Comment

With the MIAA no longer requiring football - will Lincoln just drop football? #Pleaselittlebabyjesus
          Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
            I like the enthusiasm. I also feel bad for Lincoln.
            I agree, I feel sorry for their players who get pounded every week and their coaches, who don't have the resources to compete in the MIAA. The rest of the conference can't take any pleasure from drilling these kids every week.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
              I agree, I feel sorry for their players who get pounded every week and their coaches, who don't have the resources to compete in the MIAA. The rest of the conference can't take any pleasure from drilling these kids every week.
              Then again, there's always the boneheads at NW who, in all their infinite wisdom, thought it would be a great idea to schedule Lincoln for Homecoming. Embarrassingly dumb. Just dumb. Cheerleaders have their work cut out for them come gameday.

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
                Then again, there's always the boneheads at NW who, in all their infinite wisdom, thought it would be a great idea to schedule Lincoln for Homecoming. Embarrassingly dumb. Just dumb. Cheerleaders have their work cut out for them come gameday.
                My dad drove down and went to a Pitt homecoming one year. It was against Lincoln. He hasn't been to a Pitt game since.

Then again, I'm not sure the folks at NW have much to do with who the schedule poops out for homecoming.

Comment

NW doesn't make the schedule - the conference does. So home games in October were Pitt or Lincoln.
                  Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                    My dad drove down and went to a Pitt homecoming one year. It was against Lincoln. He hasn't been to a Pitt game since.

Then again, I'm not sure the folks at NW have much to do with who the schedule poops out for homecoming.
                    I can remember the 2016 NW Homecoming game...it was like Lincoln coming in but wearing Crimson/Gold and subject to the "Lateral"

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
                      NW doesn't make the schedule - the conference does. So home games in October were Pitt or Lincoln.
                      Add in the fact it was lindenwood scheduled for homecoming until they left the league and Lincoln was plugged into their place in the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post

Then move Homecoming. Can't do the following weekend vs Northeastern. Doesn't cut it. Settle for October 12 vs Pitt State. Would be an ok game. :smile-big:

Comment

Then move Homecoming. Can't do the following weekend vs Northeastern. Doesn't cut it. Settle for October 12 vs Pitt State. Would be an ok game. :smile-big:
                          Makes sense to me. But, how will NW defend Pitt's new Hook and Ladder Punt? Credit goes to Predatory Primates for inventing the H-L-P.
                          Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 05-18-2019, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Moving homecoming would be about as popular as moving Christmas.

Comment

Why would you inconvenience 7,000+ people to accommodate 100 people?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X