Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lincoln HC / DC Leaving

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
    Then move Homecoming. Can't do the following weekend vs Northeastern. Doesn't cut it. Settle for October 12 vs Pitt State. Would be an ok game. :smile-big:
    The athletic department doesn't want a rival or good opponent as the homecoming game. They will be able to sell tickets against those teams. They want homecoming against the Lincolns of the world because otherwise not as many people want to attend games against those teams. Considering homecoming is decided over a year in advance, is approved by the board of regents, and the academic calendar schedules around it there's virtually no chance it is changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
      Why would you inconvenience 7,000+ people to accommodate 100 people?
      Uhh, when did any institution of higher learning ever GAS about inconveniencing anybody except the people who give a crap load of $? HC is pretty much a sellout these days considering the success of the NW football program no matter the opponent. NW needs people in the seats and the town needs people in the hotels to help pay for the "barn" regardless of opponent or event.
      Last edited by CatFan88; 05-18-2019, 04:32 PM.
      Go Hounds!
      B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
      Cyclone Power
      ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

i'm confused why this can't be the hc game
        hc is about parade & booze

the problem with lincoln is that they are in the league & on the sched to begin w/. where they land is meh.
        Go Bearcats!
        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

[QUOTE=Predatory Primates;2383980]My dad drove down and went to a Pitt homecoming one year. It was against Lincoln. He hasn't been to a Pitt game since.

Are you sure it wasn't the halftime (sorority) pig wrestling that ran him off?
          Last edited by Donkeydamus; 05-21-2019, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
            With the MIAA no longer requiring football - will Lincoln just drop football? #Pleaselittlebabyjesus
            Lincoln still has a football team?!

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho View Post
              Lincoln still has a football team?!
              I heard they will be having a scrimmage against the other Blue Tigers of Lincoln College Prep in KC. I think the Jeff City Blue Tigers take it 28-14.

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
                With the MIAA no longer requiring football - will Lincoln just drop football? #Pleaselittlebabyjesus
                They really can't and stay an NCAA school. They have the bare minimum programs for men's sports as it is; if they dropped football they'd have to start 2 new programs at least.

On the surface that probably doesn't seem all that difficult; they could probably just add men's cross country, golf, and bowling like they have on the women's side. But there's probably a whole underlying budget issue that football covers even if they are terrible.

Comment

I know it's been a while 2013 but Lincoln beat Grambling university at Arrowhead that year 47-34. Not sure if Grambling was division 1 at that time.

Comment

lincoln beating them was unexpected

but they are garbage and so is their league. that bayou classic is an awful product. d1 in name alone
                    Go Bearcats!
                    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X