Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TigerAlum View Post

I guess according to Hookem if Hays is an average team so is NW....

That was one heck of a ball game especially for week 1. Hays missed two field goals which impacted a lot towards the end of the game. Average starting field position for Hays was probably inside the 15, I believe they started 3 or 4 drives inside the 2 yard line! Heck of a job for NW to pin them that deep.

Thanks NW fans for making the trip!!
    I'm just going off of what that statline said. Eye test may tell a completely different story. I see the large difference in NW rush yards compared to ours. We gave up on run fairly early. We played a tea.that really isn't a pass threat and they still had success on the ground

Comment

So glad the weather held off for the game...trip out and trip back...not so much.

BW doesn't appear to have improved. He throws an extremely inaccurate ball, locks in on his receiver and doesn't appear to make good decisions on when to tuck it and run. O-Line didn't help a whole lot on providing time for him. Had a couple of his balls that were actually on target dropped, other drops were tough balls to catch...but good receivers make those catches. He doesn't deliver the ball where the receiver can do much with it.

Seemed like FHSU receivers were consistently getting behind our secondary...we did have a starter go down relatively early #31. Perhaps that made a big difference. Someone said that is fixable...didn't look like they made any adjustments during the game...at least ones that helped.

If we'd have just pounded the rock the first quarter...they couldn't stop us...we kept stopping ourselves with play calling and lack of execution...we may have had two or three touchdowns in the first quarter alone...it wasn't until the first drive in the 2nd quarter we ran it down their throats to get our first TD...they made some halftime adjustments to start slowing us down in the 2nd half

You get a safety, score a TD and kick the extra point...why not go for 2...at 8 or 9 a TD and a FG beats you...at 10 it doesn't.

Disappointed in the inability of the coaching staff to know what they're doing in certain situations thus using timeouts unnecessarily.

McKeller looks really good...Davonte Green showed up nicely too.

D-Line may not have gotten enough sacks, but they were making FHSU's QB uncomfortable...now he throws a nice ball...we're fortunate they had many drops too...although their drops came on very catchable balls.

Didn't see a lot of difference in the offensive scheme. Their coach said he saw a lot of different things...so maybe I'm wrong...but it didn't look much different to me.

I think NW is an excellent team, but not Elite...without significant improvement at QB, we're not a NC caliber team.

All that being said...it's great to get a win at a tough place to play to get the season started off on the right foot!

Glad I made my first trek to Hays for a game...I'll be making it again in late January for some Pitt State Women's Hoops...lucked out and didn't have to make that trip last year....pretty fair trade off since I won't have to go to Edmond this year! :)

Comment

[QUOTE=libertybearcat;n596192]

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post

I'm just going off of what that statline said. Eye test may tell a completely different story. I see the large difference in NW rush yards compared to ours. We gave up on run fairly early. We played a tea.that really isn't a pass threat and they still had success on the ground

Comment

Originally posted by TigerAlum View Post
              when playing against the #4 team in the nation
              This is not the time of the year, or season, for any of us to take any pre-season ranking seriously. Simply consider unranked West Georgia beating a #18 ranked Carson-Newman 48-7. Now, I hope NW is as good as their #4 ranking suggests before this 2021 season started, and certainly hoping it improves as the season moves forward, but then that would also suggest Fort Hays was absolutely very seriously overlooked.

It's going to be an interesting year.

Comment

As alot of comments about RB McKeller have already stated, he really had a strong game ... 168 yards in his first game. Just wished he didn't strike that Harlon Hill (Heisman) pose in the end zone after his first running TD . Not the time for that. Being "Omon humble" would be a good thing for him with his new NW Bearcat team. That said, really look forward to seeing his performances the remainder of the season. Great athlete.
                Last edited by ZubCat81; 09-03-2021, 10:37 PM.

Comment

still amazed the game was played with no rain and no lightning delays as there were heavy rains before and after the game and some lightning in the far distance during the game. Bringing rain gear and forgetting my sunglasses/sunblock did the trick. Instead of getting wet we got sunburned.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X