Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post

Did NW have a sack? That many drop backs surprised i didn't see 3 or 4. Live stats is terrible btw may have been an error in their input
    I know they had one near the end of the game.

Comment

Hard to say since I am just looking at stats, but wtf when did Hays turn into an air it out team
      they may have given it up too early, but nw pretty much shut that down pretty quickly.

Comment

Comment

Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Was it just me or was he totally staring down the go to receiver etc. Pretty generic performance by QB, DB's and receiver's. D-Line did what they normally do and the LB's played a good game as well. Other than that, this was lackluster at best for both teams. I am sure that the 600+ days of not playing had something to do with that, but also the play calling and play selection for NW was marginal.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Comment

Last edited by Alfred33; 09-03-2021, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post
                      It still amazes me kids CHOOSE to play in BFE Hays, KS. They always seem to field a decent squad but who actually would want to play there if you had any other option??
                      Ever thought it might have something to do with the people, coaches, school, players, and the program????

Comment

Might be looking at an avg. Hays team. They might have lost their way on offense, need to find a way to be more balanced. I don't know if we will know who are contenders or pretenders until mid way point
                        I guess according to Hookem if Hays is an average team so is NW....

That was one heck of a ball game especially for week 1. Hays missed two field goals which impacted a lot towards the end of the game. Average starting field position for Hays was probably inside the 15, I believe they started 3 or 4 drives inside the 2 yard line! Heck of a job for NW to pin them that deep.

Thanks NW fans for making the trip!!

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

That was the first one of the game per radio broadcast.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerAlum View Post

I guess according to Hookem if Hays is an average team so is NW....

That was one heck of a ball game especially for week 1. Hays missed two field goals which impacted a lot towards the end of the game. Average starting field position for Hays was probably inside the 15, I believe they started 3 or 4 drives inside the 2 yard line! Heck of a job for NW to pin them that deep.

Thanks NW fans for making the trip!!
                            The 2 yard line drive was due to a fumble on 4th down by NW. Less of a pin deep. :-) The 1st qtr punt was pretty nice that led to the safety though.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post

The 2 yard line drive was due to a fumble on 4th down by NW. Less of a pin deep. :-) The 1st qtr punt was pretty nice that led to the safety though.

Comment

The positives:

A win. Sure as heck beats the alternative. Thank god for a defense. That almost has to be perfect.
                                The D again looks salty per the M.O. since football was invented in 1994. Interesting playing a lot of coverage v. the top returning QB in the league. FH passed at a similar rate as the last meeting. It is a fool's errand to attempt to run the ball much v. NW when you are going to avg. 2 ypc. A few mistakes in coverage but fixable and FH was giving difficult looks.
                                Al is legit elite. A HR threat every time he touches the ball. If he stays healthy he is going to have a special season.
                                OL looked good.
                                Team competed their butts off. Both teams.
                                Hohensee is a weapon in the punting department

Now the negatives:
                                You had roughly 21 months to get rid of the cracker jack passing offense and in relation discover a QB that can complete the forward pass v. real competition.
                                There was nothing last night that made one think there has been any improvment made in either department.
                                QB1 56.5% and 4.2 ypa. 3.8 ypa as a team. At no level of football is that even remotely acceptable or playable. 3rd game with under 100yds passing in 3 years. I can only find 2 such instances prior to that back to 2004 - both blowout wins. And then only 2 designed runs for QB1? No adlib making plays running down the field on a broken passing play? Something feels off.
                                Receivers dropping passes. Same thing, different year.

AD leaving after 2016 has left the QB play and passing game in shambles ever since.

How in the heck can NW not get a WR that looks like the ones FH runs out there? 1 catch for 9 yds for Donadelle.

Glad NW FB is back. Looked like a carbon copy of 2019 though. Same ceiling. Ferris is giggling.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X