Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitt at UCM

I'm really excited to see what kind of team Wright has in the works. He will earn a place in my heart if Pitt can manage to keep the mule dow.

I don't know what to expect from the Mules after the lost 2020 season. Probably a typical Pitt / UCM game decided by 10 points or less.

Comment

[QUOTE=Predatory Primates;n594963]I'm really excited to see what kind of team Wright has in the works. He will earn a place in my heart if Pitt can manage to keep the mule dow/

Dream on, it ain't happening.

Da Mules 30-17

Comment

[QUOTE=Kiss My Ass;n595071]
        Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
        I'm really excited to see what kind of team Wright has in the works. He will earn a place in my heart if Pitt can manage to keep the mule dow/

Dream on, it ain't happening.

Da Mules 30-17
        i am right there with you. I think it will be higher scoring but an a text to some friends a couple of weeks ago I put the mules as 13.5point favorites. Great minds sir.

Comment

If Pitt only musters 17, I'll fire everyone.

Unless, of course, the mooles score less than 17. Then I will declare them all geniuses.

Comment

The 2021 preseason rankings were mostly based on 2019 and everybody's roster got turned upside down in the last two years. I think this year could be a real crap shoot with many twists, turns and surprises.

Mules 38 - 25 over Pitt, but I would not be surprised if the Gorillas stick it to the Mules by the same score....too many unknowns at this point.

Comment

Is a double forfeit too much to ask? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Donkeydamus View Post
                The 2021 preseason rankings were mostly based on 2019 and everybody's roster got turned upside down in the last two years. I think this year could be a real crap shoot with many twists, turns and surprises.

Mules 38 - 25 over Pitt, but I would not be surprised if the Gorillas stick it to the Mules by the same score....too many unknowns at this point.
                I agree about it all being a crapshoot at this point. Should be fun to watch.

Comment

I don't know what to expect crowd wise tonight in Warrensburg. UCM always has a big street festival for the students, but no mention of it this year. The students usually set up big keg parties at houses within a couple blocks of the stadium, but with covid the school is probably "trying" to tamp those down. Pitt always brings a lot of fans, which I assume are mainly KC area alums. .I don't know...we'll set up shop in the tailgate lot at 5:00 and see what transpires.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
                    I don't know what to expect crowd wise tonight in Warrensburg. UCM always has a big street festival for the students, but no mention of it this year. The students usually set up big keg parties at houses within a couple blocks of the stadium, but with covid the school is probably "trying" to tamp those down. Pitt always brings a lot of fans, which I assume are mainly KC area alums. .I don't know...we'll set up shop in the tailgate lot at 5:00 and see what transpires.
                    The Get the Red Out street fair is taking place tonight 4:30 to 6:00. My biggest question for the Mules is and will be centered around QB. KB is a great young man, just not sure he is the answer as the replacement to BB. He was given the first crack at the QB1 spot in '18 when BB went down and struggled. The O has many returners and the covid practice year under their belts. The D should be good as well...so to me it all comes down to the signal caller. I think the Mules win the opener, but figure it to be a close one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Man View Post

The Get the Red Out street fair is taking place tonight 4:30 to 6:00. My biggest question for the Mules is and will be centered around QB. KB is a great young man, just not sure he is the answer as the replacement to BB. He was given the first crack at the QB1 spot in '18 when BB went down and struggled. The O has many returners and the covid practice year under their belts. The D should be good as well...so to me it all comes down to the signal caller. I think the Mules win the opener, but figure it to be a close one.

You're correct, QB is the big question. Kyle Bradly has been in the program for six years and deserves the opportunity to prove himself. Back in 2018 when Bolles went down in game one, Bradley was next up and was a good runner, but not a great passer. Within a couple of games Bradley was splitting time with Jeremy Hunt who was the superior passer. Before long they were no longer splitting time and Hunt was "the man" at quarterback. With Bolles scheduled to return in 2019, Hunt didn't want to waste a year on the bench and he transfered to a JUCO in Texas for his sophomore year. I wish Hunt was still here, he was impressive.

As I said, Bradley was a better runner than passer so lets see if he can bring the whole package. Waiting in the wings is Logan Twehous who was the starter at Washburn his freshman year and then transferred to UCM two years ago. Twehous looked to be the better passer in spring ball (IMO).

Comment

Don't know how things will go as it is a mystery to most. Have been hearing really good things about Coach Wright and how he operates.

I think the teams that actually played some games last year has an advantage to the start of this season, maybe the first 2 games or so. Just don't know if it will be enough of an advantage to win this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

You're correct, QB is the big question. Kyle Bradly has been in the program for six years and deserves the opportunity to prove himself. Back in 2018 when Bolles went down in game one, Bradley was next up and was a good runner, but not a great passer. Within a couple of games Bradley was splitting time with Jeremy Hunt who was the superior passer. Before long they were no longer splitting time and Hunt was "the man" at quarterback. With Bolles scheduled to return in 2019, Hunt didn't want to waste a year on the bench and he transfered to a JUCO in Texas for his sophomore year. I wish Hunt was still here, he was impressive.

As I said, Bradley was a better runner than passer so lets see if he can bring the whole package. Waiting in the wings is Logan Twehous who was the starter at Washburn his freshman year and then transferred to UCM two years ago. Twehous looked to be the better passer in spring ball (IMO).
                          I think the Case kid transferred from maybe Texas St is the best long term option. Not being able to throw the ball with accuracy is a big issue in a JS offense. Hopefully KB can do it...he has the physical size to be pretty solid.

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
                            Don't know how things will go as it is a mystery to most. Have been hearing really good things about Coach Wright and how he operates.

I think the teams that actually played some games last year has an advantage to the start of this season, maybe the first 2 games or so. Just don't know if it will be enough of an advantage to win this game.
                            You might be right since the Gorillas played four games last fall and the Mules played zero. UCM had scrimmages set up last fall with Northwest and Washburn, but both were cancelled when Northwest and Washburn had covid issues. The Mules had a two scrimmages in Warrensburg this spring against Northern Sun teams and frankly, the Mules didn't look all that good. But, that was just practice with a lot of guys rotating in and out. Long story short, the lights come on tonight and it's show time.

Comment

4 hours

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X