Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNK at Pitt

Lopes looking pretty salty. That qb was hand crafted by the football gods just to run that offense.

Pitt D did a nice job of playing assignment football last week, but they have their work cut out for them this week.

Last year both teams moved the ball with ease. It will come down to which defense has improved the most. I think we are in for a good one in Pitt.

Both teams played games last year, so there won't be the off time disparity that we saw last week.

This team just doesn't scare me. If forced to pass they will fold. He may hit a pass here and there but he is not a qb that will beat you if he has to pass.

Just look at 2019. That Pitt State team went up there and just dominated that game. We shut the run game down and they were done. Same goes for Saturday.

Last year with a new staff and not knowing what to expect we hung with them and it came down to the last drive where we fell short on 4th down.

Now this year, I liked what I saw on offense. Need to shore up the Oline a little bit more and block on the back side when we are running the ball but we have the talent on offense to put up some numbers. This defense is fast and that is usually the antidote when playing an option team. The defense needs more pressure from the front line but dropping back and keeping the QB in the box is probably the best option and make him beat you with his arm, not his legs.

I think we take this game and possible by double digits.

Comment

UNK by 3

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
        This team just doesn't scare me. If forced to pass they will fold. He may hit a pass here and there but he is not a qb that will beat you if he has to pass.

Just look at 2019. That Pitt State team went up there and just dominated that game. We shut the run game down and they were done. Same goes for Saturday.

Last year with a new staff and not knowing what to expect we hung with them and it came down to the last drive where we fell short on 4th down.

Now this year, I liked what I saw on offense. Need to shore up the Oline a little bit more and block on the back side when we are running the ball but we have the talent on offense to put up some numbers. This defense is fast and that is usually the antidote when playing an option team. The defense needs more pressure from the front line but dropping back and keeping the QB in the box is probably the best option and make him beat you with his arm, not his legs.

I think we take this game and possible by double digits.
        Keep underestimating the lopes. They will kill you on the ground as well as the air. Lopes by 10

Comment

PITT when Beck was in charge was a bad match-up for UNK. Beck could recruit and Beck knew how to stop the option. They worked against the option all spring and summer. They had better personal than UNK as well. Which equals lopsided losses. I think UNK has closed the talent gap and PITT won't have "the option advantage". This is a really interesting game.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
            PITT when Beck was in charge was a bad match-up for UNK. Beck could recruit and Beck knew how to stop the option. They worked against the option all spring and summer. They had better personal than UNK as well. Which equals lopsided losses. I think UNK has closed the talent gap and PITT won't have "the option advantage". This is a really interesting game.
            High school coaches and athletes know how to stop the option. It's all about speed, discipline and trusting your teammates to do their job. Which the UCM game demonstrated was a strong suit of our defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
              In 2020, both defenses struggled against the other with UNK winning as Pitt stalled out in the red zone to end the game.

I expect it to be a heck of a game.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

High school coaches and athletes know how to stop the option. It's all about speed, discipline and trusting your teammates to do their job. Which the UCM game demonstrated was a strong suit of our defense.
                This week, we get to find out how much of last week was lack of talent and 2 years of rust on Central's part, and how much was improvement on Pitt's part.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

This week, we get to find out how much of last week was lack of talent and 2 years of rust on Central's part, and how much was improvement on Pitt's part.

Comment

One thing for sure, the Loper fans who travel to Pitt are true road warriors. Let me be the first to say to those road warriors, welcome Lopers, ha, ha ha............Welcome to the Jungle.

Comment

Haven't heard, is Pitt still going to sell booze this year? Or was that just a one off for the pandemic shortened season last year?

Comment

Haven't heard, is Pitt still going to sell booze this year? Or was that just a one off for the pandemic shortened season last year?
                        They posted today, yes they are still selling booze! Any other miaa schools doing this?

Comment

They posted today, yes they are still selling booze! Any other miaa schools doing this?

Comment

The win last week looks a lot less impressive now that we know UCM was overhyped like none other. This game is for sure going to help separate a contender though. Definitely a coin toss imo.
                            Roll Chos!

Comment

13:02 quarter 2 UNK 7 Pitt St. 3

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X