Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Undisciplined and inexperienced. Which is a result of youth and a 2nd year program. That is this Pitt team. Time hopefully will correct these.

I think the coaches hit it right with their 7th place pick for this team. 6 wins is probably the ceiling for this team but it will be a different 6 wins than the 6 we got in 2019.

UNK is their QB. That is why I say this UNK team is a RMAC team. They have 1 player that is a difference maker. They're big and strong on the lines but the WRs and RBs are average.

On the very brief interview after the game Coach Wright made mention of the undisciplined play and the fact that we need to get stronger as UNK just controlled the LOS.

I think this young team might of thought too highly of their win at Warrensburg and got brought back to earth by UNK.

We'll see how this Gorilla team responds to this type of loss. They need to correct plays like the roughing the passer which turned the momentum in the second half and safety's need to quit looking into the backfield and play their position and their man. UNKs big pass plays were a result of them turning their man loose letting them get behind the defense to where all the QB needed to do is throw the ball in the air like a can of corn. Tackling would help too.

UNK just flat beat us. Nice gritty win for the Lopers.

Comment

You kidding me? Man handle the receivers all night, could have been a dozen PI and you get 3.

Comment

Comment

No excuse. UNK is better. But UNK is a one trick pony. Without the QB, UNK is done. His passing yards came throwing to WRs that were wide wide open. He didn't have to throw into windows or into tight coverage because our safety's didn't play their position.

If a team controls the edge on this Loper team and plays discipline on the backend. This offense is shut down. He is all you have. But he is really really good. Enjoy why you have him because a player like him doesn't come around often.

As far as beating us for 2 straight years. Yeah, a new staff and a roster that has been turned over. You should.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

You kidding me? Man handle the receivers all night, could have been a dozen PI and you get 3.
            This is the Miaa. The refs always suck in both directions. It is what it is.

Comment

Comment

If you suffered through that first MIAA season where the lopes lost like 7 qbs to injury in the first 3 games and the rest of us feared that some poor lope was going to die trying to play in this conference, you deserve to rub it in any chance you get.

Comment

https://www.google.com/search?q=oh+n...jGSvxCRp4,st:0

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
                    This team just doesn't scare me. If forced to pass they will fold. He may hit a pass here and there but he is not a qb that will beat you if he has to pass.

Just look at 2019. That Pitt State team went up there and just dominated that game. We shut the run game down and they were done. Same goes for Saturday.

Last year with a new staff and not knowing what to expect we hung with them and it came down to the last drive where we fell short on 4th down.

Now this year, I liked what I saw on offense. Need to shore up the Oline a little bit more and block on the back side when we are running the ball but we have the talent on offense to put up some numbers. This defense is fast and that is usually the antidote when playing an option team. The defense needs more pressure from the front line but dropping back and keeping the QB in the box is probably the best option and make him beat you with his arm, not his legs.

I think we take this game and possible by double digits.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post

No excuse. UNK is better. But UNK is a one trick pony. Without the QB, UNK is done. His passing yards came throwing to WRs that were wide wide open. He didn't have to throw into windows or into tight coverage because our safety's didn't play their position.

If a team controls the edge on this Loper team and plays discipline on the backend. This offense is shut down. He is all you have. But he is really really good. Enjoy why you have him because a player like him doesn't come around often.

As far as beating us for 2 straight years. Yeah, a new staff and a roster that has been turned over. You should.
                        I think you could probably say that any of these teams are a one trick pony without there quarterback. Central Missouri isn't quite the same without Bolles. Emporia has been pretty mediocre since losing Marstall. when is the last time NW had a great QB. Maybe Pitt will find one, one of these days.

Comment

Just curious. The lopers deferred so they get the ball starting 2nd half. Why did we also give them the wind?

Comment

Comment

I am excited about the Lopers off to a good start but I'm not one to talk trash and I apologize for anyone that does.

TJ Davis is an amazing player, I am thankful that he is a Loper. The team overall showed they could respond and I am proud of that. Good luck to Pittsburg State and their fans the rest of the year.

Hope the Gorilla that was injured in the first half is okay and can come back this season.
                              UNK Loper Football - 32 Conference Titles, 5 NCAA Playoff Appearances, 2 Harlon Hill Runner-Ups

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X