Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my drive home, I think I figured out why the DC insists on running that ineffective zone.

I think he does it so there are at least 2 levels of d backs slapping weakly at the ball carrier to slow him down enough for someone who actually knows how to tackle to get there.

;)

Comment

As an aside, we're the ESU returneers forbidden from doing anything but a fair catch.

Comment

I think they only had one sack and a couple of hurries. I was more impressed with their stoutness against the run.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
          I would do nothing but run deep routes vs ESU.
          Your liinebackers are quick, disciplined and tackle well.
          Much like our DE's all yours do is an outside speed rush and hope for the best.
          I was saying the same all game long.

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
            Good game by the 7th and 8th best teams in the MIAA.

I don't know why we go away from the things that work. Keep throwing the ball downfield until they can prove they can stop it. Also, have more designed roll outs for Sexton and let him examine the field. He has a strong enough arm to throw back across the field. Ride Adkins more. He needs more carries.

Defensively, we are weak upfront. Dline is just not getting a push. I was told before the season started the DC wanted to change the defense to be faster and went with the smaller DEs. It's not working. Get some size on the ends and control the ends better. DBs can't tackle. Mlekus was out which hurt.

Nice win. It's always good to swat the gnats.

Now to put the lion to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I think they only had one sack and a couple of hurries. I was more impressed with their stoutness against the run.
              Seemed like he was pressured all night. Maybe he just likes to get outside the pocket

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                As an aside, we're the ESU returneers forbidden from doing anything but a fair catch.

Comment

Both teams gave tremendous effort. Exciting game to watch. The number of people who left long before the game was decided truly baffles me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jim View Post
                    Both teams gave tremendous effort. Exciting game to watch. The number of people who left long before the game was decided truly baffles me.
                    I noticed the stands looked empty, but then they said it as 10k+

Comment

• Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post

I noticed the stands looked empty, but then they said it as 10k+
                      Pitt has been telling those lies for years. They sell that many tickets, but it doesn't mean that many actually make it inside.

The stands were fairly full at one point, but a lot of folks left early.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Pitt has been telling those lies for years. They sell that many tickets, but it doesn't mean that many actually make it inside.

The stands were fairly full at one point, but a lot of folks left early.
                        Looked like Dodger Stadium. Late arriving and early leaving.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post

Looked like Dodger Stadium. Late arriving and early leaving.
                          That's accurate.

Comment

• It was also family day. That didn't help, as students' families dgaf about football and are often ready to leave at half or sooner regardless of score. Crowd is always quiet for fam day for that reason, too.

Comment

• Being sarcastic. Media and coaches had us there

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X