Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL, "Let Davis run the double option with some RPOs mixed in." Everyone knows what UNK is doing, they're executing pretty well up to Saturday. I'm sure there were some lapses in that, or focus, and that's why the game was as close as it was. Unless UCM got much better, in 3 weeks of beat downs. The simplest explanation is probably best.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
      LOL, "Let Davis run the double option with some RPOs mixed in." Everyone knows what UNK is doing, they're executing pretty well up to Saturday. I'm sure there were some lapses in that, or focus, and that's why the game was as close as it was. Unless UCM got much better, in 3 weeks of beat downs. The simplest explanation is probably best.
      Glad somebody said it.

UNK had a bad day and ucm is really hungry for a win.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post
        Curious...anybody watch this game? UNK has looked really good so far this season and UCM has NOT...was surprised it was a 3 point game in Kearney.
        What's the story on this one?
        For one they started Twehous at QB instead of Bradley. He played against Northwest but the score by then was 33-0. He threw it well and they also caught UNK with the old halfback pass for six points. And their defense caged in Davis for the second time. Not many teams have done that

Comment

UCM (probably) had the playbook? Give me a break, this isn't a movie. Stupid comment. You think having a playbook would make a big difference? Do you realize they get actually game footage to game plan with?

Comment

Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post

UCM (probably) had the playbook? Give me a break, this isn't a movie. Stupid comment. You think having a playbook would make a big difference? Do you realize they get actually game footage to game plan with?

Comment

I'm guessing by your comments, you have never played the game. Film study is and always will be the best way to understand what an opponent is doing. Teams can run the same play and can have very different results. It is more about the athletes you have running that play. Back in my early years of coaching, i used playbooks. After a few years, it was evident to me that just learning the plays during practice was what it was all about. Good luck to the Lopes and I doubt they will need much luck as they are looking pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

Didn't help that Northwest (probably) had the Mules playbook from the transfer TE. Yeah, I don't think so.
                This is funny for a couple of reasons.

Boda's playbook has been part of the formative offense for many Bearcat offensive coaches.

UCM has a new OC as well.

Comment

What about the fact that UCM used a different starting qb the whole game. Even though they didn't win they scored more points than in previous games. This has to be the first time in over 10 years that UCM has not had an explosive passing attack. Maybe it will get better with the new qb.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post
                    What about the fact that UCM used a different starting qb the whole game. Even though they didn't win they scored more points than in previous games. This has to be the first time in over 10 years that UCM has not had an explosive passing attack. Maybe it will get better with the new qb.
                    Who played qb in that game?

Comment

Originally posted by Mule4ever View Post
                      fwiw i thought the mules offense looked completely different with twehouse at qb...

Comment

The fact that it took three games to change qb's was too long. Our d-backs are not good and if you are only practicing against them it made your wide receivers look better than they are. Thus the Bradley experiment since he can stretch the field more IN PRACTICE. He failed in '18 and failed again in '21. Twehous will help the Mules offense and it showed on Saturday. A blocked and missed field goal were the difference in the game. UCM doesn't doesn't have a kicker who 'Boda trusts can hit from beyond 40 yards. A must at this level of football.

While not asking any players, I have a feeling that they trust Twehous more than Bradley. Heck, we even had a bit of a running game with two good experienced runners returning.

On to NESU where the Mules SHOULD Win.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X