Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buck the Fods - TurnPike Tussle - ESU v WU

TurnPike Tussle! The once not so great of a rivalry has been spiced back up over recent years. According to the people that think they know what they are talking about. Washburn might come into this with an advantage. However, I happen to know that Washburn's attempt to get a few key players back on offense and defense has fell short. After the state of Kansas Parole Board denied their appeals.

Coming out of PITT with another disappointing loss. It will be good to get the wheels back on track with the icky's.....

ESU by One Hundred and Fiffteeee

Bods can eat a fat ...let me calm down.

GO STATE

This one is intriguing. Should be a fun one to watch.

Comment

Comment

Schurig will completely sell out to attack a weakness. I can see him going over the top on ESU a lot more often than Pitt did.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          Schurig will completely sell out to attack a weakness. I can see him going over the top on ESU a lot more often than Pitt did.
          Yeah. They will have to tighten up on the backend and get home on the front. As you suggest. They are going to start really exploiting those things.

Comment

I remember one year when Pitt had issues on the back end, but a pretty stout Defense everywhere else. Washburn came out and took deep shots on about 60 percent of their plays.

I also remember them bringing a jailbreak blitz a whole bunch of times against a rookie qb one year.. I think it was against ucm the year their starting qb got hurt.

They are definitely not afraid to go all in.

Comment

I thought ESU adjusted pretty well after the first quarter at Pitt. Only one big big play (25+ yards) after that if I remember correctly. Mostly because of increased pressure on Sexton.
              The front six for the Hornets are really good and there are some talented players on the back end. I just don't know if they are fast enough to stay with speed receivers deep down field. For ESU to really be effective I think the DL and LBs have got to make opposing QBs get rid of the ball before the deep routes have time to develop.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
                I thought ESU adjusted pretty well after the first quarter at Pitt. Only one big big play (25+ yards) after that if I remember correctly. Mostly because of increased pressure on Sexton.
                The front six for the Hornets are really good and there are some talented players on the back end. I just don't know if they are fast enough to stay with speed receivers deep down field. For ESU to really be effective I think the DL and LBs have got to make opposing QBs get rid of the ball before the deep routes have time to develop.
                I think there were only 3 in the whole game that were 25 plus. 2 were in thec2nd half.

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

I think there were only 3 in the whole game that were 25 plus. 2 were in thec2nd half.
                    Looking at the play by play it was actually the other way around - only one in the second half.
                    First Quarter
                    59 yard pass from Sexton to Harris on the third play of the game that led to the first Gorilla TD
                    28 yard pass from Sexton to Martin to start their second drive
                    32 yard TD pass from Sexton to Harris to give the Gorillas a 14-0 lead
                    Third Quarter
                    40 yard pass from Sexton to Martin that led to their final TD.

Comment

Looking at the play by play it was actually the other way around - only one in the second half.
                      First Quarter
                      59 yard pass from Sexton to Harris on the third play of the game that led to the first Gorilla TD
                      28 yard pass from Sexton to Martin to start their second drive
                      32 yard TD pass from Sexton to Harris to give the Gorillas a 14-0 lead
                      Third Quarter
                      40 yard pass from Sexton to Martin that led to their final TD.
                      We were both wrong. The last play of the third quarter was a 38 yard pass to Harris that set up the 4th quarter field goal.

Pitt only attempted 5 passes in the 4th. One of those ended in a sack.

Comment

We were both wrong. The last play of the third quarter was a 38 yard pass to Harris that set up the 4th quarter field goal.

Pitt only attempted 5 passes in the 4th. One of those ended in a sack.
                        Yep - I missed that one.

Comment

Roll Chos!

Comment

Where is bbb? I want to see a reloadmvp/bbb slap fight.

Comment

This and the Hays Kearney game have me looking forward to tomorrow.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X