Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivalry week

Works out weird this year with more games being a coin toss than not. (Or at least much more competitive than usual. )

looking forward to seeing:
    Bods/bees
    NW/MW
    FH/UNK
    Heck, even UCO/Lincoln is shaping up to be a close one.

Pitt getting upset by Southern or UCM by NSU are the only games that would be much of a surprise to me, and neither of those outcomes is as much of a Longshot as usual.
    Last edited by Predatory Primates; 09-26-2021, 08:11 PM.

The above probably means all the games will be blowouts with no upsets.

Comment

For some reason CentralMo isn't playing Lincoln and the Oklahoma schools aren't playing each other this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
        For some reason CentralMo isn't playing Lincoln and the Oklahoma schools aren't playing each other this week.
        Lol. I screwed that up. I'll fix the op.

The observation still stands, though

Comment

NW @ MW should be interesting. NW fans need to fill the entire visitors stands to make this feel more like a neutral site then an away game. NW will need big games out of 2/9/85 on O and the secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
            For some reason Central Mo isn't playing Lincoln and the Oklahoma schools aren't playing each other this week.

I'm not sure that UCM has ever had a "natural rival" maybe Southwest Missouri State back in the day. It seems like we always get assigned one and I guess Lincoln is it for now. For a couple of years it was Nebraska Omaha before they dropped football. Here are two suggestions for new rival games.

Northeastern State vs Lincoln - One wants out of the conference and the other should be out.

Central Missouri vs Central Oklahoma (Mules vs Bronchos) "The Central Showdown" - "The Equine Bowl" - "Road Apple Revenge" . Also need a traveling trophy - Silver Saddle, or maybe a giant Equine Shoe, etc.

Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 09-27-2021, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post

I'm not sure that UCM has ever had a "natural rival" maybe Southwest Missouri State back in the day. It seems like we always get assigned one and I guess Lincoln is it for now. For a couple of years it was Nebraska Omaha before they dropped football. Here are two suggestions for new rival games.

Northeastern State vs Lincoln - One wants out of the conference and the other should be out.

Central Missouri vs Central Oklahoma (Mules vs Bronchos) "The Central Showdown" - "The Equine Bowl" - "Road Apple Revenge" . Also need a traveling trophy - Silver Saddle, or maybe a giant Equine Shoe, etc.

I like your ideas for the names of UCM/UCO games those are great! Maybe a game of horseshoes by the cheerleaders and / or mascots too lol!
              Northwest Missouri State University
              BEARCATS

Comment

Originally posted by BEARCAT View Post

I like your ideas for the names of UCM/UCO games those are great! Maybe a game of horseshoes by the cheerleaders and / or mascots too lol!
                Maybe Elmer's could sponsor the game?
                Cool Story Bro

Comment

That's a great idea. If Oklahoma doesn't build their own conference of bad teams instead.

Comment

Roadapple Rumble

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

That's a great idea. If Oklahoma doesn't build their own conference of bad teams instead.
                      UCO and NSU are probably the 4th and 8th best football teams out of the 8 in the state of Oklahoma right now lol. but yeah, the quality of football here isn't great. We are very financially behind lmao. UCO doesn't have any excuse to be bad though.

Comment

Just printed my tix for the NW@ MW game. $15.00 ea + handling fees for Sr GA and $25.00 for adult GA vs $15.00 Adult GA/$10.00 Sr GA for the other home games.
                        Last edited by NWFanatic; 09-27-2021, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post

UCO and NSU are probably the 4th and 8th best football teams out of the 8 in the state of Oklahoma right now lol. but yeah, the quality of football here isn't great. We are very financially behind lmao. UCO doesn't have any excuse to be bad though.
                          Yeah. UCO had improved quote a bit until this year. I'm sure there are some other teams down there that are better.

As a guy who has built some pretty high dollar high school football stadiums in Tulsa and OKC, I'm pretty sure I know where that money goes.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

lol!!
                            Northwest Missouri State University
                            BEARCATS

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

Elmer's "Weed" & Feed in OKC, right? Get high and then munch on oats.....a natural for the Equine Bowl aka the Roadapple Rumble.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X