Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GO rill uhs

Re: GO rill uhs

I know Pitt has a very special punt formation that will fool nobody. I know Pitt has no OL coach. I actually think the defense will be fun to watch. They may be good enough to help the team win 5-6 games. If the offense is better than I think, Pitt could win as many as 7-8 games.
    Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

Not really sure who you were looking for. 5/6 DEs who played last year are returning and are on the roster (#40 Jeffcoat, #48 Wyrick, #54 Morris, #55 Hall, #91 Bingaman) --Jose Speer graduated--and of the 3 primary interior DL who played last year, one graduated (Bradley Payne) and two are still on the roster (#92 Thomas, #99 Wall). The only player I expected to see there that isn't there is #95 Christian Wills, but he isn't somebody I would've particularly taken note of. I would expect Thomas and Wall to play the vast majority of snaps at DT. Pitt State will likely have less DT rotation and maybe more DE rotation than any other team in the conference this year.

Comment

wasn't looking for anyone in particular. just noticed the numbers were low for the dline. I was shocked there seemed to be more non numbered players than those who had jersey numbers.

maybe the DEs are mixed in quite a bit on 3rd down to stunt and blitz? just guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
          Not really sure who you were looking for. 5/6 DEs who played last year are returning and are on the roster (#40 Jeffcoat, #48 Wyrick, #54 Morris, #55 Hall, #91 Bingaman) --Jose Speer graduated--and of the 3 primary interior DL who played last year, one graduated (Bradley Payne) and two are still on the roster (#92 Thomas, #99 Wall). The only player I expected to see there that isn't there is #95 Christian Wills, but he isn't somebody I would've particularly taken note of. I would expect Thomas and Wall to play the vast majority of snaps at DT. Pitt State will likely have less DT rotation and maybe more DE rotation than any other team in the conference this year.
          They did bring in a kid from Iowa state. Haven't heard anything about him, though.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
            wasn't looking for anyone in particular. just noticed the numbers were low for the dline. I was shocked there seemed to be more non numbered players than those who had jersey numbers.

maybe the DEs are mixed in quite a bit on 3rd down to stunt and blitz? just guessing.
            I believe the roster online does not have numbers assigned for anyone who: 1) redshirted last year, 2) transferred in or 3) is an incoming freshman (even though there will likely only be 0-2 of these that get numbers).

For instance, Pitt State got a graduate transfer from K-State--Chase Johnston from Carl Junction, MO. Everybody I've heard from expects him to start at LB and he's listed on that roster, but he doesn't have a number yet. Numbers for incoming players will probably not be updated on that roster until the week of the first game. Maybe one week before.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
              I believe the roster online does not have numbers assigned for anyone who: 1) redshirted last year, 2) transferred in or 3) is an incoming freshman (even though there will likely only be 0-2 of these that get numbers).

For instance, Pitt State got a graduate transfer from K-State--Chase Johnston from Carl Junction, MO. Everybody I've heard from expects him to start at LB and he's listed on that roster, but he doesn't have a number yet. Numbers for incoming players will probably not be updated on that roster until the week of the first game. Maybe one week before.
              By past history it'll be about 20 minutes before first game.

Comment

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rams-150-years

Kinda neat. NW may have been jobbed here, though

Comment

Also looks like 10 DE's and 5 interior DL with numbers on the Pitt ROster so far

Comment

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdow...1&font=cursive

Comment

Comment

They were about 20 games under .500 before Mel arrived.

269-57 after his arrival.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                          They were about 20 games under .500 before Mel arrived.

269-57 after his arrival.
                          Formula was moronic. I think first 50 years of a program had the same weight as dominance periods.

Comment

"National championships below the FBS level count at 50%"

This was probably key as well. Their six becomes a 3 and ours become a 2.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                              "National championships below the FBS level count at 50%"

This was probably key as well. Their six becomes a 3 and ours become a 2.
                              Yeah. Better punish those who actually had to accomplish a championship via playoff. ;)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X