Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post

in very limited action qb3 appears to be qb3.
    i wouldn't say qb2's played enough to conclude he's the best qb on the roster.
    i would say he's played well enough that he should be the starter until proven otherwise....or confirmed.
    just my pov which is worth zilch.
    Biased observer that has been watching this conference since the early 2000's, #12 for NWMSU is not a top tier MIAA qb. He is certainly shifty, but he is not a threat to throw. Some MIAA teams have been dangerous with elite defenses and/or a cast of playmakers on offense, but I don't think NW has either this year. Not a knock on NW team, just pointing out how much they are lacking at the qb position. IDK how they haven't managed to find a successor.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post

Biased observer that has been watching this conference since the early 2000's, #12 for NWMSU is not a top tier MIAA qb. He is certainly shifty, but he is not a threat to throw. Some MIAA teams have been dangerous with elite defenses and/or a cast of playmakers on offense, but I don't think NW has either this year. Not a knock on NW team, just pointing out how much they are lacking at the qb position. IDK how they haven't managed to find a successor.
      I don't think you will find many to argue that fact. I believe that #9 can be a very good QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

NW usually platoons anyway, don't they?
        Yes on Dline- but not QB or punter :-)

Comment

RS-F QB#15 looks promising

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
            Yes on Dline- but not QB or punter :-)
            If you don't have 3 punters, you don't have any. Lol

Comment

For one play.

Comment

I picked this game Northwest 27, Pitt State 21. Some of those 27 points I'm thinking will have to come from special teams and/or defense. The score may very well be wishful thinking on my part. Pitt is much better than many observers may guess, and Missouri Southern (who PSU just beat 20-16 last week) is also as well. NW will have to play their "A Game" to be able to win this game.
                Northwest Missouri State University
                BEARCATS

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post

at the moment i'd venture he's not getting his job back

sucks it went down the way it did but frankly part of that is on rw assuming qb2 is anywhere near as good as he's looked thus far, if so i would think he'd have won the job out of camp had their been an authentic competition. but rw forgot more than i'll ever know about coaching football so chances are there's probably an explanation that makes sense.

as for the last part idk man sometimes you miss. they've been turning out ballers for a 1/4 century they were bound to whiff at some point.
                  Go Bearcats!
                  M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Southern 100% had the Pitt offense's number, and shut them down last week. I'm not sure if it was more an execution problem, or scheme/lack of adjustment issue. Either way they have 3ish more days to fix it or NW will woodshed them.

Comment

The Pitt and Moso game was a result of Pitt going through the motions. No emotion, no excitement just expecting to show up and win. That was the worst game I think I ever saw a team win. We looked horrible and Southern looked worse. If Moso had any kind of a team they would have beat us by 20.

Don't know if it was a result of looking ahead to this weeks game or it is just how immature this Pitt team is. But they will get it handed to them and they may need that to get it in their skulls that they ain't that good. Beating a wrongfully rated #13 team to begin the year then get physically manhandled the next week because you think you're good didn't teach this team much by they way they played against Southern.

NW shouldn't have any problem Saturday. If they do, they aren't that good.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARCAT View Post
                        I picked this game Northwest 27, Pitt State 21. Some of those 27 points I'm thinking will have to come from special teams and/or defense. The score may very well be wishful thinking on my part. Pitt is much better than many observers may guess, and Missouri Southern (who PSU just beat 20-16 last week) is also as well. NW will have to play their "A Game" to be able to win this game.
                        This post should be inducted into the Sandbagging Hall of Fame.

Comment

If the 3rd string QB starts Saturday no NW fan is sandbagging

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                            Southern 100% had the Pitt offense's number, and shut them down last week. I'm not sure if it was more an execution problem, or scheme/lack of adjustment issue. Either way they have 3ish more days to fix it or NW will woodshed them.
                            I think that was some of the worse play calling by a MOSO coach ever. I believe he must have been crapping himself at the end.

Comment

Did I miss something? Why is everyone referring to these guys as their positions and order on the depth chart?

Was there some shift in etiquette and we don't use their actual names?
                              Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
                                Did I miss something? Why is everyone referring to these guys as their positions and order on the depth chart?

Was there some shift in etiquette and we don't use their actual names?
                                When you are NW and qb's 1-6 are all future pros do their names matter? It's all for the name on the front of the jersey anyway.

The exception to this rule is McKellar who NW fans have adopted as if his first stuffed animal was a spoofhound.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X