Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see we weren't the only ones to Choke today. Good Game Pitt, wish y'all would have pulled this one out.

Comment

• Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
      I see we weren't the only ones to Choke today. Good Game Pitt, wish y'all would have pulled this one out.
      You spoilered me when I was watching with 59 seconds left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
        You heard it here first. Pitt is going to beat NW this week on a returned extra point.

As an encore, Pitt is going to lose homecoming against Lincoln next week. (There's always a price for selling your soul to win a game. )
        Not gonna lie. When NW went up 20-19 and went for two, I got a little nervous that this was gonna come true.

Comment

• Lol you can't watch the game and read the board though Predatory Primates . Message Board 101. I was hoping you were already gone when I posted that lol. But I purposely left any details out.

Comment

• Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
            Lol you can't watch the game and read the board though Predatory Primates . Message Board 101. I was hoping you were already gone when I posted that lol. But I purposely left any details out.
            It's OK. I prefer to watch games where there is some defense anyway. ;)

Comment

• You got me on that one!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wallst View Post

Can we just give you the W over the sewage system and call it even?
                Deal, even though the Lamar MO sewer system didn't have a chance.

Comment

• Didn't expect this type of game. I thought Pitt played well today. Oline held their own and ran the ball good enough to win. Sexton played well but he needs to pull that on the read option and run the ball. If he pulls the ball on that last run play he had the right side good enough to get the first down. So it looked like when I was watching. If he can't read then the coaches need to call the play for him and tell him to keep it. He pulls that ball and picks up the first down, we most likely get the upset.

This team is young and hasn't really been together all that long. If they can gel together this bunch can be good.

Key thoughts.

Coaches need to step it up. Getting the play call in with about 7 seconds left on the play call is inexcusable. Inside the 10 and 3rd and 3 there in the 3rd quarter and the team lines up with 5 ticks left. No time to look over the defense or anything. Not converting there is all on the coaches. Then later in the game the RB has to call TO because of the play call getting in late. Wright has to get this corrected. Not getting players right and having 12 guys on the field because you substitute late on defense causing you to call timeout is all on the DC. If the Coaches expect the players to be ready to play they need to be ready to Coach.

Arm chair QB here but on 3rd and 1 you run right up the middle on a very good run defense expecting it in the redzone? We need to come up with some short yardage plays especially in the redzone that will help this team be successful. Teaching Sexton to read it will help but lets get creative also.

Pitt showed we are different. I didn't think NW was better all over the field as in the past. I think some of that is because they are not at the level they used to be. They are very beatable. Not a top 5 team by any means. They are there on reputation alone. Offense is bad. Defense is good. I didn't see anything that made me think they are great. It will take a good team to beat them and they will have to play well. But NW has come back to the pack and are not the beast they were.

Pitt needs to gel. Coaches and players. This is the second time this year they outplayed their opponent in the first half, had a double digit lead and couldn't finish the game off. Coaches need to get better and I think they will. Time will help. Need to develop the Dline and the Dbacks has to get better and stop being out of position and giving up wide open TDs. NW had 2 wide open TDs from the backfield blowing the play and being out of position.

Now my thought about the two. This will the last time NW beats Pitt consistently. I think Pitt has the players and coaches to get NWs number and start owning this series again. Major improvement from 2019 to now. I think the tide has changed and the corner has been turned for these 2 programs. I look for this series now to be very competitive with Pitt getting the best of it.

Good game.

Comment

• I don't know about all that. I do think Pitt is on the rise.

I'm not sure if coaching tree inbreeding has caught up with NW like it did Pitt yet. They Pitt staff put together a game plan that made their 300 lb monster DE a non factor, which made them look pretty human.

Comment

• Originally posted by PSR View Post
                      Didn't expect this type of game. I thought Pitt played well today. Oline held their own and ran the ball good enough to win. Sexton played well but he needs to pull that on the read option and run the ball. If he pulls the ball on that last run play he had the right side good enough to get the first down. So it looked like when I was watching. If he can't read then the coaches need to call the play for him and tell him to keep it. He pulls that ball and picks up the first down, we most likely get the upset.

This team is young and hasn't really been together all that long. If they can gel together this bunch can be good.

Key thoughts.

Coaches need to step it up. Getting the play call in with about 7 seconds left on the play call is inexcusable. Inside the 10 and 3rd and 3 there in the 3rd quarter and the team lines up with 5 ticks left. No time to look over the defense or anything. Not converting there is all on the coaches. Then later in the game the RB has to call TO because of the play call getting in late. Wright has to get this corrected. Not getting players right and having 12 guys on the field because you substitute late on defense causing you to call timeout is all on the DC. If the Coaches expect the players to be ready to play they need to be ready to Coach.

Arm chair QB here but on 3rd and 1 you run right up the middle on a very good run defense expecting it in the redzone? We need to come up with some short yardage plays especially in the redzone that will help this team be successful. Teaching Sexton to read it will help but lets get creative also.

Pitt showed we are different. I didn't think NW was better all over the field as in the past. I think some of that is because they are not at the level they used to be. They are very beatable. Not a top 5 team by any means. They are there on reputation alone. Offense is bad. Defense is good. I didn't see anything that made me think they are great. It will take a good team to beat them and they will have to play well. But NW has come back to the pack and are not the beast they were.

Pitt needs to gel. Coaches and players. This is the second time this year they outplayed their opponent in the first half, had a double digit lead and couldn't finish the game off. Coaches need to get better and I think they will. Time will help. Need to develop the Dline and the Dbacks has to get better and stop being out of position and giving up wide open TDs. NW had 2 wide open TDs from the backfield blowing the play and being out of position.

Now my thought about the two. This will the last time NW beats Pitt consistently. I think Pitt has the players and coaches to get NWs number and start owning this series again. Major improvement from 2019 to now. I think the tide has changed and the corner has been turned for these 2 programs. I look for this series now to be very competitive with Pitt getting the best of it.

Good game.
                      I think Pitt hired the right coach. Different squad than we have seen in the last few years. Offense has more spark than with beck, and Dreiling was way too inexperienced to be a DC in past years.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Wallst View Post
                          NW sideline guy said Pitt players were over at the NW sideline talking trash even to the NW coaches. Hope that truly wasn't the case or if it was, it was one player being a dumbass
                          It was #21

Comment

Maybe, but the Pitt player flopped like he was in the nba. Not sure that should be rewarded in football.
                            And the Pitt player shoved first. Think ref saw both and just let it go.

Comment

I don't know about all that. I do think Pitt is on the rise.

I'm not sure if coaching tree inbreeding has caught up with NW like it did Pitt yet. They Pitt staff put together a game plan that made their 300 lb monster DE a non factor, which made them look pretty human.

Comment

• Originally posted by psudoc View Post
                                Thx to more home cooking by these refs
                                Those home cooked refs missed a few holding calls on Pitt OLine too

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X