Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

I would probably say the same if I were on the losing end of the stick. I say credit to Rich Wright for pointing it out and the refs recognizing that he was right.
    I in no way blamed the loss on that. I don't even think it impacted the game. I just think fan and coach reactions should never be the driving force behind a call. I would feel the same had the call been against nw.

I don't even know if it was the right call or not? My point is that the ref didn't appear to make the call based on what he saw. That's wrong, every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I in no way blamed the loss on that. I don't even think it impacted the game. I just think fan and coach reactions should never be the driving force behind a call. I would feel the same had the call been against nw.

I don't even know if it was the right call or not? My point is that the ref didn't appear to make the call based on what he saw. That's wrong, every time.
      I'm not an official, so I'm not sure whose call it was. Wright complained immediately. The officials did have a meeting however and did get the call right.

I think it had a bigger impact on the game than you think. It moved Pitt from 3 and 9 at the NW 22 to 3rd and 17 at the NW 30. Sexton ran for 8 yards on that 3rd down (assuming everything stays the same whether its 3rd down at the 22 or 3rd down at the 30).
      Last edited by CatFan88; 10-10-2021, 11:32 AM.
      Go Hounds!
      B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
      Cyclone Power
      ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Whose announcers? The ones wearing crimson colored glasses? The closest eligible receiver was Adkins 5ish or so feet to his left blocking a NW defender. The missile Sexton threw laterally into the turf was not directed at him and definitely not to Hernandez who wasn't even in the screen by the time the officials called the pass incomplete.

Comment

• To be fair, you have to take Eddie with a grain of salt. He gets some of them wrong, just like the refs. The spot he was going on about yesterday for instance was correct as called, but he was right about the blatant Pi that wasn't calledi early in the game.

Comment

I would probably say the same if I were on the losing end of the stick. I say credit to Rich Wright for pointing it out and the refs recognizing that he was right.
            "ya gotta do what's right for the kids..."

Comment

• My favorite play was the 3rd down where the Pitt wr literally gave the db a piggy back ride all the way across the middle and made the catch anyway. That's how you take the refs out of it.

Comment

• My favorite play is where the pitt players were on the bench taunting the NW crowd and lost their focus on the game!

Comment

• Originally posted by NW B2 View Post
                  My favorite play is where the pitt players were on the bench taunting the NW crowd and lost their focus on the game!
                  Your favorite play should have been a missed field go, and you had 2 to choose from.

Comment

• We had those goalposts specially shipped in from Arrowhead.
                    Go Hounds!
                    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                    Cyclone Power
                    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Expecting an MIAA ref to call holding is like Expecting an alligator to play nice with your children..

NW fans should be careful what they wish for when it comes to calling holding, tbh.

On a serious note, the only call that bothered me was the grounding call that the refs clearly let themselves be talked into.
                      I called it as soon as it was thrown.

Comment

We had those goalposts specially shipped in from Arrowhead.
                        Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I called it as soon as it was thrown.
                          The refs didn't.

Comment

That happens a lot. I have seen a lot of intentional grounding calls made without a flag being thrown.

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                              I need to see a replay, because the announcers said our running back was in the area. Hernandez #27

Comment

The refs didn't.
                                The line judge ran in after signaling an incompletion.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X