Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah it wasn't even close to being a bad call looking at the video.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
      Yeah it wasn't even close to being a bad call looking at the video.
      I know you were listening to someone else, but it's crazy how your eyes, memory, and emotion will lead two people from the same vantage point to believe they viewed entirely different things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I know you were listening to someone else, but it's crazy how your eyes, memory, and emotion will lead two people from the same vantage point to believe they viewed entirely different things.
        Yeah. Reality is a function of Perception which is a function of experience, etc...
        I really didn't see it well enough to know if the call was right. My only problem was with the refs appearing to be talked into it. Watching the side judge in that clip, I don't think that was the case.

Comment

Yeah. Reality is a function of Perception which is a function of experience, etc...
          I really didn't see it well enough to know if the call was right. My only problem was with the refs appearing to be talked into it. Watching the side judge in that clip, I don't think that was the case.
          That's my thought too. Reading his mind, it looked like he was heading to the referee to say "dude that was ig" but remember he had to signal incomplete first.

Who knows? I'm just glad there's football and NW and Pitt had a good game. D2 needs them both.

Comment

The line judge ran in after signaling an incompletion.
            Was that to indicate it was not a backwards pass/live ball?

Comment

• Do Tatum and that ginger monster both graduate this year?

Comment

• Time out, time out... I have some questions. If Northwest is #2 and they luck out and beat Pitt by one point, doesn't Pitt deserve the #3 slot? But wait, last week Pitt barely escaped Joplin, so maybe Mo South should be at #4. And now the Mules go to Joplin and I have no idea what to expect. Up is down and down is up.....kind of makes it more interesting and fun and this is from a guy whose team is 2-4.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                  Was that to indicate it was not a backwards pass/live ball?
                  I thought it was to go tell the referee that no one was in the vicinity.

Comment

• Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

Where you been the past 5 years? NW hasn't been a beast in the MIAA since 2016. Remember a coach named Adam Dorrel? The guy who got bored regularly beating up the MIAA and winning D2 titles so he took his talents to Texas? NW hasn't sniffed the talent level or level of preparedness for a game since he left. Rich Wright is terrific coach and I think the best defensive mind in D2 bar none. This being his first HC gig, it's fair to expect some struggles, just like AD had some struggles when he took over the NW program for his first HC job. The fact that he hasn't enjoyed the same type of success AD did or as fast is an unfair comparison. Kudos for him recognizing that NW wasn't going to get where he wanted to get them with Osborn and Flohr leading the offense. Pitt St. gets a reprieve being guided by a 1st year coaching staff. NW gets somewhat of a reprieve with a 1st year OC.

All that aside, NW is still the gold standard in the MIAA and we get everyone's best shot. Secondly, it's NW/Pitt St. Rivalry games like this are just different. They can bring out the best and expose weaknesses. If you want to use this 1 game as a measuring stick for where Pitt St. and NW are headed, be my guest. NW is clearly better offensively with Hohensee as QB and he was far less than 100% on a bad ankle yesterday in only his 3rd career start. McKeller is a RB who can put a team on his shoulders and take an offense to another level. NW is finally using the TE in the passing game. The NW front 4 defensively is as good as we've had since Weitl and Bevins were playing. Our secondary is suspect and everyone knew that coming in. They don't have to be great when you have a front 4 like we have. Pitt St. OL played well yesterday protecting Sexton. I thought Sexton and the Pitt St. WR had their best game of the year yesterday. That was a bad combo for our secondary. The NW D gets credit for giving up FG instead of TD keeping the NW in the game. NW O gets credit for making good half time adjustments.

Pitt St. controlled the game for the most part. Should've won the game.

Comment

The line judge ran in after signaling an incompletion.
                      Seems like most if not all calls like that come after a conference between the line judge and the head ref...when I saw it I said it was Intentional Grounding right away and I was a floor below Eddie! :)

Comment

• Comment

• You've been regurgitating some delusional version of this for 20 years. "Flash in the pan", "One recruiting class", "Wheels falling off", :"Your program retired", Your defense is only good because of your offense", etc.....

Has there ever been someone more consistently wrong on their evaluation of a program than Rob?

You were definitely attempting to describe a certain program's degredation. Happened to be your own. Pitt is and has been irrelevant for years now. The Nebraska of of the NAIA and Division 2.
                          Last edited by Taxman; 10-11-2021, 07:41 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Taxman View Post

You've been regurgitating some delusional version of this for 20 years. "Flash in the pan", "One recruiting class", "Wheels falling off", :"Your program retired", Your defense is only good because of your offense", etc.....

Has there ever been someone more consistently wrong on their evaluation of a program than Rob?

You were definitely attempting to describe a certain program's degredation. Happened to be your own. Pitt is and has been irrelevant for years now. The Nebraska of of the NAIA and Division 2.
                              Just guessing here, but I think he keeps doing it because it keeps working?

Comment

Just guessing here, but I think he keeps doing it because it keeps working?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X